Alcohol Ban On Bangla 12Th April

phuketjock

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was the first time I could experience Songkran in Thailand and I have mixed feelings about it.

It can be fun if people stick to water guns, but as everywhere and with everything, you always have people who must exagerate. I don't get it why it is necessary to throw with big buckets of (iced) water or use a strong hose.

Most people just had fun and when I was driving around (slowly) with my motorbike they sprayed water around or in the air. You get wet first, you get soaked later, but this doesn't harm. And I can understand people have fun and celebrate this way.

What I don't understand is when idiots feel the need to throw a big bucket of iced water in your face when you're driving a motorised vehicle. Automatically you have a reaction and don't steer straight forward anymore. Luckily I was always driving really slow, but at a higher/normal speed this is asking for accidents. Also, when I got back, I noticed on my clothes and my bike, an idiot used rusty water. If the law should do something, I think it's more about controlling these idiots so 95% of the people can celebrate as they are used to.

About the alcohol ban; I could drink a rum-coke without any problems on Beach Road.

• Like 1

@hadrianus

That's quite the same I feel. Fun is fun and can be polite. Attentionwhoring overflow is not.

Could the rusty water be just food coloring, which some people are using?

@hadrianus

Could the rusty water be just food coloring, which some people are using?

First I thought it was some kind of innocent paint, but I can't get it out of my clothes. So I'm not sure it was rusty water, though it has that colour, but it is not innocent at all. I was only wearing cheap holiday clothes, but I wonder what with people who go to work ? It's not a holiday for everybody; bars, restaurants, hotels,...