Thai Men Not Allowed In Clubs!

gibson123

Hi all....Just found this very strange, being this happened here in Thailand. I was out with some of my family members (My wife, her sister, 2 males, her brother and cousin) went to a club in Pattaya where they told us ''No Thai males allowed''....Well stone me! How can they do that to locals. And what would happen if this happened in our home countries? Anyway, we went round the corner to Walikng street to find a club. Low and behold, the next club said the same! We found a place in the end, but hey! Can you believe this? This was the first time the brother had been in Pattaya, and he must of thought he was the alien. Like to hear your thoughts on this.......

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same on Khao San, I was there book shopping (nice turnover in the book shops there) and we went to book a minivan-ferry package to Koh Samet, Oh, no thai allowed (my wife). They asked her in Thai 'Is the ticket for you?' 'Yes' 'No, cannot, Thai cannot go'.

Thais are equal opportunity racists, probably suspect her bag wouldn't contain anything worth stealing when compared to Sven the iPod and tablet'd tourist out to discover himself in Buddhist heaven. :rolleyes:

The already mentioned funniest part about this is that it's obviously Thais being racist towards their own.It's not like in Shanghai,China a couple of hundred years ago with the now infamous 'No Dogs or Chinese' signs outside the parks!

I can see how it would cause a lot of resentment but then again it's a medical fact that Asians cannot metabolise alcohol as efficiently as Westerners,giving rise to the old adage 'Instant <deleted>,just add alcohol',applying to a majority of Thai males unfortunately!
Throw in a dash of 'lost face' and a sliver of 'unregistered firearm' and you really do have a recipe for a cocktail of carnage!

• Like 1

I think this is all to do with bringing in the Thai ladies just to meet the farang.....but even if this is true, would, or even could we do this in our own home countries? NO! And I can't believe how this is allowed here.....I felt so bad that my wifes brother came from a Bangkok village for the first time to Pattaya and turned away because he was Thai....And bad luck we chose the first 2 clubs that did the same thing.

Many reasons:

places where illegal activity takes place they are worried the Thai is BIB.

Also worried the Thai maybe stepping on someone elses illegal activities toes.

Fights between Thais and Farangs are usually only when the Thais are outnumbering the Farang many to one or weapons are involved so that maybe the case in the nightclub and want to avoid that and drunk idiot farangs picking fights with Thais.

In hotels and tours Thai women are not allowed when they think the girl is a prostitute and either don't want them associated with their company or are worried about them stealing or just going mental like some do.

They don't think the Thai can afford the drinks prices or that the club know what 95-100% of Thai girls in Farang orientated clubs do for a living and the Thai guy won't pay tourist 'prices' and won't pay the ladydrink price that suddenly appears on the bill in a supposedly normal farang orientated nightclub.

Which "clubs" is the OP referring to? If they're gogo bars, some won't allow Thai men in as it can put off the dancers and they have too many problems with jealous boyfriends. That said, there are also plenty of gogos that do allow Thai men in, if accompanied by farangs. I've never heard of regular clubs/discos not allowing accompanied Thai men in.

Ulu, you think Farang can hold his drink? We are all the same when it comes to being inebriated, makes no difference what part of the world you come from, it's the personality that forms from being inebriated that makes the difference......Thai men are no different from the rest of us. If guns are a problem, then why not do a search at the door like they do with the Thai ladies. I can't find a solution to how farang treat Thai ladies in the club (Touchy feely situation) when Thai men are looking, but this can be the same situation between a farang and another farang's Thai girlfriend, no? Take the weapons out of the equation, you got the same problem...Thai or non-Thai.

Ulu, you think Farang can hold his drink? We are all the same when it comes to being inebriated, makes no difference what part of the world you come from, it's the personality that forms from being inebriated that makes the difference......Thai men are no different from the rest of us. If guns are a problem, then why not do a search at the door like they do with the Thai ladies. I can't find a solution to how farang treat Thai ladies in the club (Touchy feely situation) when Thai men are looking, but this can be the same situation between a farang and another farang's Thai girlfriend, no? Take the weapons out of the equation, you got the same problem...Thai or non-Thai.

Weapons can quite easily be passed through a back door or toilet window etc.

As I qualified previously,it's a medical fact that yes,Farangs can hold their drink better!Just google 'Asian Flush' if you don't believe me,their bodies break it down far less efficiently than a Westerner's due to a missing enzyme.

• Like 1

Ulu, you think Farang can hold his drink? We are all the same when it comes to being inebriated, makes no difference what part of the world you come from, it's the personality that forms from being inebriated that makes the difference.

You never studied science, did you? :cheesy:

@Almera. "I was on Khao San to buy books" cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Yeah, there was two, now one, good 2nd hand bookstores at the top end, lots of turnover due to the amount of travelers passing through everyday. smile.png Don't worry, I used to bring a clothespeg for my nose.

Nowadays I just download everything to my Ebook reader, but back in the day!

Edited by Almera

If the thai person speaks english they can just say they are not thai, and say they have no ID. Works a lot with clubs in tourist locations, but thats besides the point. I find it absolutely ridiculous to have a no thai policy in thailand even with the already valid points made about violence.

Ulu, you think Farang can hold his drink? We are all the same when it comes to being inebriated, makes no difference what part of the world you come from, it's the personality that forms from being inebriated that makes the difference.

You never studied science, did you? cheesy.gif

Obvioulsy no :-)

If the thai person speaks english they can just say they are not thai, and say they have no ID. Works a lot with clubs in tourist locations, but thats besides the point. I find it absolutely ridiculous to have a no thai policy in thailand even with the already valid points made about violence.

Unless the OP is prepared to say which clubs he's referring to, there's no point in him making sweeping generalisations about policies. Clubs have the right to refuse entry to anyone if they believe they have cause to. Some gogo bars do have a policy, for understandable reasons.

Let's hear which clubs have a "no Thai men" policy....

Edited by brewsterbudgen

So you all agree that keeping the Thai men out of the clubs is the best way......Then coming to Thailand (Pattaya) and mixing with the locals means only the women? Taking your family out, means only the women? How sad.....

So you all agree that keeping the Thai men out of the clubs is the best way......Then coming to Thailand (Pattaya) and mixing with the locals means only the women? Taking your family out, means only the women? How sad.....

Who is agreeing with it ? Most people are just pointing out the possible thinking of the people who impliment it.

I'm sure your sadness will really deflate all the Pattayaees as they venture out for the night.

Edited by Almera

It looked like all agree with it, sorry for the assumption. The bars were the Bamboo bar, and the other (Did not look at the name, but was is a building with many clubs near the end of W/S) on the top floor. I read about all the problems with Thai men in bars and clubs, I've also read and seen about the problems with EU drunks in their own countries, but still, this is their country. Would you be happy if they did this to you in your country?

It looked like all agree with it, sorry for the assumption. The bars were the Bamboo bar, and the other (Did not look at the name, but was is a building with many clubs near the end of W/S) on the top floor. I read about all the problems with Thai men in bars and clubs, I've also read and seen about the problems with EU drunks in their own countries, but still, this is their country. Would you be happy if they did this to you in your country?

No and not happy with it here when some bars turn my Thai mates away on cowboy and we have to go to and stand around a table in some Thai nightclub with stickers on nipples instead. rolleyes.gif

Yes, so sad. But the truth is, that Farang would leave the place as soon as Thai males come in. The Thais have lots of places that cater to them only as well, not Farang, in and around Pattaya. Just out of interest, why would you mix with Thai males? What's the benefits?