Short Breaks Within Reasonable Travelling Distance Of Patts

Asiacat

I want to try and escape at least some of the Singkraan madness next week.

Can anyone recommend anywhere within reasonable driving distance of Pattaya.

I've never been to Kanchanaburi so am considering going there, I've also heard that Ko Chang is a good place to get away from it all.

Any other recommendations?

Bang Saray 23 kilos out of Pattaya towards sattahib. Pretty quiet here They will officially kick off songran the day after Pattayas blowout. The only real water zone to speak of is about a kilo long from Sukimvet to the beach. I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I go in tomorrow to stock up on food & beverages & come in for 1 day to Pattaya for the festivities.

Beardog is right on. This is true of the entire stretch from Huay Yai road on down to the border! There are a number of very nice resorts between NaJomtien and Bang Saray.

I participated in songkran in Ban Amphur a few years ago, by accident. It was so polite I was speechless! The only problem with be heavier traffic on Suk. But other than that, you'll barely know it's songkran.

Also, down near Chantaburi are some nice beaches and resorts. Only a few hours drive away.

Heck, you could probably just find a resort out by Maprachan and you'd be set also.