Categorize The Classifieds?

Gone

Just wondering if it would be possible to do this. You have to go through hundreds of "Houses & Condos for sale or rent" ads just to see a few "For sale" items.

Edited by Gone

Thank you but sorry when I click on the Pattaya classifieds I do not see any categorization. I only see page after page of everything mixed. Would be nice for some general categories like: Musical Instruments, Cars & Trucks for sale, Household items, Apt's & Houses for rent etc.

I prefer to use google to search thaivisa than the forum's own tool myself

for example to search for supermarkets in Pattaya would turns up too many results from classifieds selling condos and such saying they are close to Supermarkets

To search within thaivisa from google

type:

supermarket pattaya site:thaivisa.com into google

This turns up too many condo and classified results to exclude something from the results just add - (minus sign) then the word that you don't want, So if I want to search for topics about Supermarkets without stuff about Condos or classifieds type in:

supermarket pattaya site:thaivisa.com -classified -condo

you could do this for just results from the classifieds too, for example to search for guitar in the classified

type in:

guitar site:www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/8-free-classifieds-for-salefor-rentwanted/

I see there are some ads for guitar lessons that I don't want so to further refine the results I use

guitar site:www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/8-free-classifieds-for-salefor-rentwanted/ -lessons

• Like 1

Would it not be possible to have an "exclusion" category; e.g. Not "accommodation or houses for sale", as I am also fed up with having to trawl through ads for houses, condos etc?

One advertiser in the Chiangmai section does not use keywords like condo, apartment in his ads and so does not get filtered out if you exclude those terms in the search.

1. Open Classifieds
  2. Click Real Estate
  3. Click e.g. House for Rent
  4. Scroll to the bottom and click .e.g. Chiang Mai
  5. Only houses for Chiang Mai come up with location, i,e. Muang, Hang Dong, San Sai etc.

The list of Cities/towns only appear on the first page (after number 3)

Once you have gone to page 2 etc it disappears, so you have to go back to first page to change the City/town. E.g. if you want to change your search from Chiang Mai to Chonburi.

Edited by uptheos