Fed X

hellodolly

My cousins daughter is visiting in Thailand learning to scuba dive. She plans on being here in Chiang Mai for Songkran.

She lost her debit card and her mother got her a new one and sent it to me Fed X I just got an e mail from Fed X that they could not deliver it. I have to come in to there office and get it.

Can some one tell me where their office is?

I told them not to use Fed X but maybe the bank did it.

I have never really heard any thing good about them.

Would not surprise me if they did not even try to deliver it.

Hard to believe you could not locate the FedEx Office without having to post on TV. Google FedEx Chiang Mai takes you right to it.

Are you smoking some thing or what. All that will do is leave me sitting in my chair in front of my computer reading dumb answers.

Thank God/Allah/Buddha there is some intelligent posters here. wai2.gif

Hard to believe you could not locate the FedEx Office without having to post on TV. Google FedEx Chiang Mai takes you right to it.

Are you smoking some thing or what. All that will do is leave me sitting in my chair in front of my computer reading dumb answers.

Thank God/Allah/Buddha there is some intelligent posters here. wai2.gif

Did you really mean poster S in the plural ????

tongue.png

It's a good question because at one time there was a Fedex office on Loi Kroh as well, sort of a contract thing. The main office is the one posted above on Chiangmai-Lampang road.

I've had mixed results using them to receive packages in CM.

Edited by mesquite

Fedex has always been a problem for me , in CM..... Won't use them any more

Who do you use now? DHL, EMS? Which is better? I want to dump Fedex.

I received a credit card from my bank by DHL in three days. They called me to make sure they had the right address I had it within one hour. I have friend who does a lot of business who highly recommends them

Uptheos

I could not find a phone number from for them.

Gonzo they said come to the nearest office.

I took electrified's advice and as I said earlier nothing happened.

But my computer showed only one office in Chiang Mai.

I tried looking at the map Twyais supplied but I don't have a GPS and could not recognize any location on the map. For some reason when I hit the directions button on my computer nothing happened,

For all I know it could be next door to the Rimping market. I am going to have a friend write it out in Thai and give it to a tuck tuck driver. I use several of them and am not worried about getting ripped off for 10 baht.

Thank you to those who helped. When I get the card I will post the general area as best I can.

Edited by hellodolly

Try TNT. Have used them. No problems. For a while, they were actually cheaper (and faster) than EMS for sending stuff to HK.

There's also UPS. Used them once. Bad experience.

Now, I know what you're thinking: Why isn't this bastard Thakkar disclosing the contact info for TNT? Well, I figure, why deprive you the opportunity of starting a new topic?

T

In my experience regular mail (USPS if you're from the States) tends to work better than DHL, UPS and FedEx, and is usually less expensive too. I have never tried TNT.

• Like 1

In my experience regular mail (USPS if you're from the States) tends to work better than DHL, UPS and FedEx, and is usually less expensive too. I have never tried TNT.

I also lean , now, to the USPO if sending something from the USA. Some service where it has to be signed off at each step of the way.

Still I suggest not sending things if a thin envelope such as a credit card or Drivers Lic. If card like shape can be felt through the envelope, then it has a good chance of going astray. If sending that type of thing, bubblewrap it and put it in a small box..

G

Directions to the Fed X office. If you are coming from inside the city go east on Charoen Muang Road aka 1006 until you get to the Super Highway #11. Turn left or north onto Hwy 11 and go about 700 meters, you will see the well signed Fed X office on your left. It is almost directly accross the road from the Makro.

Directions to the Fed X office. If you are coming from inside the city go east on Charoen Muang Road aka 1006 until you get to the Super Highway #11. Turn left or north onto Hwy 11 and go about 700 meters, you will see the well signed Fed X office on your left. It is almost directly accross the road from the Makro.

If everyone would give simple easy to understand directions like you have just done it would be a lot easier for people to find what they are looking for.

• Like 1

We have had a negative experience with FedEx here. Three shipments and in each case, long delays while they phoned over and over again for directions on how to get here.

I would highly recommend EMS (Thailand Post is a member) and since they DO know every house on their route, service is excellent, fast, and reasonable priced. The serve all member countries - almost every country in the world.

Edited by Rotweiler

Dolly,

Just to help me understand, the email from FedEx had no information how you should contact them?

I don't like FedEx, but some things are sent to me by FedEx because the people sending don't understand that it is a franchise here and doesn't necessarily (that's being nice) work the same as it does in the US, for instance.

However, I have never had a problem finding out where to pick something up or send something, which I do at least once a year.

MSPain

Edited by hml367

Dolly,

Just to help me understand, the email from FedEx had no information how you should contact them?

I don't like FedEx, but some things are sent to me by FedEx because the people sending don't understand that it is a franchise here and doesn't necessarily (that's being nice) work the same as it does in the US, for instance.

However, I have never had a problem finding out where to pick something up or send something, which I do at least once a year.

MSPain

First off I would like to thank BarnicaleBob great instructions.

As I said my cousin sent a ATM card here by FedEx. It was several days ago,

That was all I knew. Then I got a e mail supposedly from FedEx saying the package was undeliverable on such and such a date and time. Please copy this invoice and bring it into the office which I did, When I showed the copy to them the lady very nicely informed me it was a spam email. I had the tracking number so she checked on it and said it was being held up in Bangkok by customs. Apparently the girls parents had sent her some Easter candy. They will call me when they have arrived at a charge.

I could be mad at her parents but in the states FedEx is thought highly of. Over here I think before they even go through the packages that come in they send them to customs.

Thank you for the reply. That was why I asked. There has been a lot of spam emailsike that. I think FedEx, as unfortunate as their service can be, would leave a way to contact them. They collect taxes and fees and I doubt they would want to miss out on that. Also, jn my experience the delivery people never seem to have change.

MSPain

This has been my experience with FedEx. I avoid them. the last time somebody sent me something by FedEx, I had to drive 35 km to get it. So you want to hear about the duty assessed? Horrors.

One time I had a bunch of used clothes shipped over here by FedEx for free distribution to refugees (FedEx in the US waived all shopping charges for the project). The Thai FedEx private in-house customs agents assessed a duty so high that I had to abandon it. They would not budge.

Try TNT. Have used them. No problems. For a while, they were actually cheaper (and faster) than EMS for sending stuff to HK.

There's also UPS. Used them once. Bad experience.

Now, I know what you're thinking: Why isn't this bastard Thakkar disclosing the contact info for TNT? Well, I figure, why deprive you the opportunity of starting a new topic?

T

Good idea when I want to ship some thing to HK I will. LOL

On a serious note I just got a notification from FedEx that it is in customs and they don't know what Customs charges will be but there charges will be in the 1,500 baht range.

Am currently trying to get a hold of my cousin. She is in Phuket and will not be here until Friday night. All she wanted was a debit card and her mother stuck in some Easter candy and FedEx sent it to customs.

Now they want 1,500 baht for there services and customs is yet to let me know. They sound like a scam operation to me.

My money says they get a kick back from customs. At any rate am currently trying to get a hold of her and have her Mom send a new card without any thing else using DHL. I had a Visa card replaced and they sent it DXL I had it with in three days.

Dolly, FedEx and DHL both have their OWN in-house customs clearance. This is why we ALWAYS get charged a Customs fee when getting a delivery from them. I'm just guessing, but perhaps they get a cut of the fee for taking some of the load off of Thai Customs. But it's no guess that I NEVER permit anything to be shipped to me via either of those two carriers. EMS is the very best way to get a track-able package sent to Thailand, with a 'chance' that Customs may or may not tack on charges. At least there's a chance...

• Like 1

We have had a negative experience with FedEx here. Three shipments and in each case, long delays while they phoned over and over again for directions on how to get here.

I would highly recommend EMS (Thailand Post is a member) and since they DO know every house on their route, service is excellent, fast, and reasonable priced. The serve all member countries - almost every country in the world.

Almost...but not all. Not available to Chile, that much I know.