Samui Fishermen Killer's

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Why? are they your friends? Or are you the real killa?

No luckly I was in the UK at the time anyhow rape is not one of my vices :o . Ok now the serious point there was all the hype in the news at the time about the 2 men going guilty and how they will get the death sentance then it's gone all quiet.

Regardless, guilty or not, they were found guilty and are in the appeals process. If its anything like the death penalty appeals in the US it will take years. I imagine that if there had been any decision it would have made the news.

(Womble, fishy? are we punning about here? :o )

Anyone have any news

I talked to a Thai Lady 3 weeks ago on Samui about the Katherine Horton rape/murder.

She said the 2 guys were executed some 3/4 months ago in BKK by injection*.

However, I cannot officially confirm this.

* Maybe the authorities wanted to keep it silent....?

She also mentioned the Thai people are full of respect towards the Mother of Katherine since she pleaded the Government not to execute the killers.

Those were her words (Thai Lady).

LaoPo

Anyone have any news

I talked to a Thai Lady 3 weeks ago on Samui about the Katherine Horton rape/murder.

She also mentioned the Thai people are full of respect towards the Mother of Katherine since she pleaded the Government not to execute the killers.

LaoPo

No offence to this specific Thai Lady but getting info from Thai Ladies is a tad dangerous if you ask me !!

& how nice of the Thai's to have " respect " for Katherines Mother because she wanted leniency for the Rapist & Murderers !!!

Why she wanted that i'll never know !!

Anyone have any news

LaoPo

No offence to this specific Thai Lady but getting info from Thai Ladies is a tad dangerous if you ask me !!

& how nice of the Thai's to have " respect " for Katherines Mother because she wanted leniency for the Rapist & Murderers !!!

I appreciate your answer but:

1. This particular Thai Lady is very well educated and manager of a resort on Samui.

2. Some people, like the Mother of Katherine Horton, has more 'heart' than others.

Her motive was that a Life-Imprisonment for the killers was far 'better' than execution.

Anybody is entitled to his/her opinion but let's respect hers.

LaoPo

yeah very nicely put.

Her opinion should be respected, especially as this is a forum that she may infact read herself.

Personally I agree with her, if they are guilty letting them suffer in prison for years would be better than ending it quickly for them, they should suffer before they die.

Anyone have any news

LaoPo

I appreciate your answer but:

1. This particular Thai Lady is very well educated and manager of a resort on Samui.

2. Some people, like the Mother of Katherine Horton, has more 'heart' than others.

Her motive was that a Life-Imprisonment for the killers was far 'better' than execution.

Anybody is entitled to his/her opinion but let's respect hers.

LaoPo

Yeah i agree with you...

& thinking about it, maybe life in a Thai Jail would be better punishment for the Kllers !!

But as yo say, everyone is differen & entitled to their opinion & entitled to change their mind afterwards !!!

Anyone have any news

LaoPo

Perhaps Mrs Horton was'nt thinking of leniency and would rather see the killers languish the rest of their lives in a filthy rat infested drug ridden Thai jail...............thats real punishment !

Regardless, guilty or not, they were found guilty and are in the appeals process. If its anything like the death penalty appeals in the US it will take years. I imagine that if there had been any decision it would have made the news.

(Womble, fishy? are we punning about here? :o )

First my regaards for the family of the victim! Just thought the trial went in fast motion,, as well as the sentence(Could it be a statment-TO THE TOURISTS- that if things like this happen on Samui, then the active-?-police will get their man(men)! with out regaards to some poor fishermen?

And also this ISN'T the USA, maybe Texas?