Comparing Chevy Trailblazer To Pajero Sport 2013

mccw

The Mitsubishi Challenger platform.... oops, I meant Pajero has been around since 1996. Even with updates it's still an old vehicle.

Actually, the current Pajero Sport's platform dates back to 2006, though the actual Pajero Sport wasn't released until 2008.

The one you're talking about there is the previous generation which was sold here as the G-Wagon.

I just checked Wikipedia. It and I disagree with you.

attachicon.gifCropperCapture3.jpg

Read it again, Wikipedia's article says the second generation SUV based on the Triton was introduced in 2008.

The production chart is for both first and second generation.

Second generation based on a pick-up! I don't see that to be anything to write home about.

All car makers use as much as possible from the parts bin to save money. The Chevy as well. So I don't see anything special about SUV's based on pick-ups.

You want original SUV's, buy Audi, MB, Porsche or VW

No one is saying SUV's are special but they have there uses. The original SUV's were based on pickup chassis and drive-trains just like the PJS, Fortuner and Trailblazer.

When SUV's became popular Benz, BMW and VW Audi etc cashed in with fancier car based versions or cross over utility vehicles like the X, Q and ML series. Wikipedia have a nice list of these at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossover_%28automobile%29

The German cross overs are not original SUVs and considering their price, they are really in a different market segment.

No one is saying SUV's are special but they have there uses. The original SUV's were based on pickup chassis and drive-trains just like the PJS, Fortuner and Trailblazer.

When SUV's became popular Benz, BMW and VW Audi etc cashed in with fancier car based versions or cross over utility vehicles like the X, Q and ML series. Wikipedia have a nice list of these at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossover_%28automobile%29

The German cross overs are not original SUVs and considering their price, they are really in a different market segment.

Yes, that's true. Comes down to the amount of money you have to spend.

Second generation based on a pick-up! I don't see that to be anything to write home about.

All car makers use as much as possible from the parts bin to save money. The Chevy as well. So I don't see anything special about SUV's based on pick-ups.

You want original SUV's, buy Audi, MB, Porsche or VW

The only thing special about PPV's (pickup based passenger vehicles) is the low excise tax they attract - which helps make them better value for money in Thailand - less than 25% the price of any brand SUV you just listed ;)