Wet Stuff Comming Finally

stevehaigh

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw a few flooded streets on my way back from Central about 1530. The hill heading into Patong was like driving up a waterfall. One truck stuck on the way up, and another on the way down.

if this is what to come in patong with the first bit of rain, then batten the hatches down, all of patong along nanai road has no electric, all the roads behind jungcylon are flooding with oozing mud, patong hospital junction is out of action and just for good measure there's been no government water in patong for 2 days. thats the good news, what a total <deleted> up, please someone start suing the Thai government as a test case, how many times can they screw up common sense stuff coffee1.gif

if this is what to come in patong with the first bit of rain, then batten the hatches down, all of patong along nanai road has no electric, all the roads behind jungcylon are flooding with oozing mud, patong hospital junction is out of action and just for good measure there's been no government water in patong for 2 days. thats the good news, what a total <deleted> up, please someone start suing the Thai government as a test case, how many times can they screw up common sense stuff coffee1.gif

I thought the road behind Jungceylon and Soi Banzaan were the Government water storage facilities for Patong, during the wet season. smile.pngsmile.png

Seriously, that mud is from the two big contruction sites on the hill, either side of Soi Banzaan. The silt fills the drainage system up in the area everytime there is decent rain. They send trucks to suck out all the silt after it rains. It will be very interesting when all the rooms have been built and the concrete carparks and driveways.

A lot of water is going to flow down there at a good speed.

Edited by NamKangMan

Escape with your sanity intact....Here in Rassada we got a lot of thunder and lightning, but not much rain. The cool breezes of the storm front were very much appreciated by this poster, but not his 7-year-old daughter who had the temerity to complain of "being cold". This is the same child who insists on using air-con at night, even though the temps outside are perfect for sleeping.

D

Escape with your sanity intact....Here in Rassada we got a lot of thunder and lightning, but not much rain. The cool breezes of the storm front were very much appreciated by this poster, but not his 7-year-old daughter who had the temerity to complain of "being cold". This is the same child who insists on using air-con at night, even though the temps outside are perfect for sleeping.

D

I got the cold bit from my 6 year old. She's wearing a sweater now.

The mud behind Jungceylon may be from the new project all around DD Swiss. All the way down toward Soi Banzaan, muddy water comes out of the drains after it rains. I have a feeling that the drain line may turn down towards Jungceylon once it arrives at the intersection.

What about in the old days when they sent prisoners down the drains with ropes around their waists? Saw it down in front of the Two Black Sheep years ago. Those guys came out black with muck.

The mud behind Jungceylon may be from the new project all around DD Swiss. All the way down toward Soi Banzaan, muddy water comes out of the drains after it rains. I have a feeling that the drain line may turn down towards Jungceylon once it arrives at the intersection.

What about in the old days when they sent prisoners down the drains with ropes around their waists? Saw it down in front of the Two Black Sheep years ago. Those guys came out black with muck.

There's no way they will be able to retain all of that storm water on site for hardstand and roofing that size, and with no upgrade to the nearby drainage system, these two hotels are going to actually be the cause of a lot more flooding in this area of Patong.

They are already causing problems and they are not even finished yet.

^^ LOL! No wonder I moved out of Patong almost eight years ago! Civic planning? Infrastructure, what's that? It just get's worse ever year, by the sounds of it. I rarely go near the place anymore.

^^ LOL! No wonder I moved out of Patong almost eight years ago! Civic planning? Infrastructure, what's that? It just get's worse ever year, by the sounds of it. I rarely go near the place anymore.

"Civic planning? Infastructure, what's that?" - it's coming to a beach near you, soon. smile.png

Edited by NamKangMan

Non existent. Really sad. Here in Kamala, they are filling the wetlands faster then they can build an inefficient drain system. The areas that have the newer systems flood more now, then before.

"Civis planning? Infastructure, what's that?" - it's coming to a beach near you, soon. smile.png

They actually put in power system upgrades and storm drain systems around here in the past few years. At least in my neighborhood, the storm drains work and don't stink!

Infrastructure bah.gif - don't make me laugh. About 8 years ago the local gov built a main drain under the road at the bottom end of Nanai 2. The water then drained along a small klong through the vacant land, ending up up the big klong behind new road.

All that land is being developed over the past few years. The developer built a high wall at the end of Nanai 2. Fine by me, stopped all the traffic over the dirt road. So when it rained hard last week the end of Nanai 2 flooded badly, so badly that the water level rose and pushed the wall over. The next day we all had a look at the problem and discovered that the developer had built a concrete dam and gate round the exit of this very main drain servicing the central part of Nanai. No-one knew anything about this, seems that the developer had built this very quietly.

So a few of the owners tackled the Patong Tesibaan and discovered that the land owner won't allowed water drainage along the natural path across this land. They want the Tesibaan to build a straight channel in order that they can make the best building use of the land. So now it's all a big dispute and this rainy season will be a nightmare at that end of Nanai 2.

Terrific City Planning sad.png