Patong Water Supply

patongphil

as mentioned in my post looking for tank/ pump, the government water supply is a joke at the best of times, supposedly a mains water pipe is capoot, but i remember this has been the story for years around this time of year, some of the businesses and bars without storage water tanks are in a bad situation, the toilets are literally over flowing, even with a bin in the corner and a pan to flush the toilet bowl, theres no water to fill the bin. do you think if all the farang and thai's it effects got together and marched over to kathu water company any thing would change. because the infrastructure, if that what we can call it is just getting worse by the day. Can the TV, get together with the gazette and other media outlets, start a petition, surely someone must listen then, but i won't hold me breathcoffee1.gif

I would say it has more to do with the government allowing over development without upgrading any infrastructure of the town.

Is the correct answer and has been so for years in respect of the nanai water supply.

as mentioned in my post looking for tank/ pump, the government water supply is a joke at the best of times, supposedly a mains water pipe is capoot, but i remember this has been the story for years around this time of year, some of the businesses and bars without storage water tanks are in a bad situation, the toilets are literally over flowing, even with a bin in the corner and a pan to flush the toilet bowl, theres no water to fill the bin. do you think if all the farang and thai's it effects got together and marched over to kathu water company any thing would change. because the infrastructure, if that what we can call it is just getting worse by the day. Can the TV, get together with the gazette and other media outlets, start a petition, surely someone must listen then, but i won't hold me breathcoffee1.gif

Phuket is all about making as much money as possible, as quickly as possible, and at the absolute minimum cost.

• Like 1

I'm on Nanai Rd as well and was talking to my landlord yesterday. I specifically asked him to make sure that there was enough water for the weekend and he told me that he had had to buy water in on Tuesday by tanker as there was nothing coming through from the municipality and the well he had dug was not running clear.

This morning at 6.30 the water tanker arrived again to top up the 7 storage tanks on this small residential plot. Good man our Landlord is!!!

There must be some money in this water tanker business.... many of them are running brand new, purpose built trucks.

I'm on Nanai Rd as well and was talking to my landlord yesterday. I specifically asked him to make sure that there was enough water for the weekend and he told me that he had had to buy water in on Tuesday by tanker as there was nothing coming through from the municipality and the well he had dug was not running clear.

This morning at 6.30 the water tanker arrived again to top up the 7 storage tanks on this small residential plot. Good man our Landlord is!!!

There must be some money in this water tanker business.... many of them are running brand new, purpose built trucks.

Yes, one day they will be called, "tuk-tuk water trucks." :) :)

Water, another essential service, and they will collude to control the high price of it.

I would say it has more to do with the government allowing over development without upgrading any infrastructure of the town.

Is the correct answer and has been so for years in respect of the nanai water supply.

Agree, and remember 4 years ago having to use water trucks, so it's nothing new and CERTAINLY WONT GET ANY BETTER.

Nor will the flooding which plagues Patong and this year will very likely show up the lack of planning when the big rains come......mud and sh*t being washed off the cleared hills and building sites will be a disaster.

Oh for some non-corrupt town planners/officials!

Two years ago in Beverly Hills off Nanai, one cubic metre of water was 140 baht, god only knows what it is today - and the stuff was sh*t brown comming out of the tanker.

Two years ago in Beverly Hills off Nanai, one cubic metre of water was 140 baht, god only knows what it is today - and the stuff was sh*t brown comming out of the tanker.

140 baht is the charge made by the property managers at Beverly Hills. The truck charges 100 baht/cub or 1,200 baht for 12,000 liters. That's today's charge. 2 years ago it was 800 baht per 12,000 liter truck.

140 baht is the charge made by the property managers at Beverly Hills. The truck charges 100 baht/cub or 1,200 baht for 12,000 liters. That's today's charge. 2 years ago it was 800 baht per 12,000 liter truck.

LIK, i see there's a new collecting of water trucks delivering around patong, i bet new there a few million baht and more, i used to live on Soi veerakit, the Beverly hills street, in the end i was paying more towards the water trucks then what my maintenance fees were, even nearly 10 years ago, there were still water issues then. crazy thing was i had more water via leaks in the apartment through a bad build that the lessor would not repair, every wall, ceiling, electric point leaked water, needless to say it ended up in court, yes we won!!!

@britpop

You must have been living in 'the tower'. Melville building. Gov water was first laid in to Beverly Hills about 9 years ago. Passed by our building but they would not even talk about a spur so we paid for another line up from the main road to supplement our deep well. At that time water pressure was good up the hill and our well pump was just too much hassle to repair every 3 or 4 years. So we gave up on the well, but then 3 or 4 years ago the gov water supply pressure could not make it up the hill for most of the day. Maybe an hour in the wee small hours and not enough to fill tanks. This became worse as more buildings came online. Now we just expect to get the water truck in from Dec to March. And collect rainwater the rest of the year. Water management is just a major hassle and expense.

We pay 15 baht in CM and we think that's expensive, mind you it is evian but it's not sparkling! :)

• Like 1

Right - thanks to the OP for this thread. I'm off Nanai. No water yesterday (Thu morning). I thought the water pump must be on the fritz again, so got the bloke in and he told me my tank was empty. I noticed it started to fill again early last night. A problem for water cart refill because my tank is in the back yard and inaccessible (unless they've got a 40 metre hose and can run it through the middle of my house).

Going rate in Patong today is 350 baht for a cu.m. Take it or leave it they are fully booked and said couldn't come until tomorrow earliest. Latest rumour is water mains will be back on this evening.