I've Found A Sparrow

Last night I found a sparrow in one of the bushes in my garden.

It had some vey thin string wrapped around its leg which had became tangled on thorn.

I freed it.

One of it's legs are quite badly knackered and one wing is slightly damaged.

I was going to kill it , which I believe is the humane thing to do,my gf won't here of it.

I put it in the bathroom with some water and bread crumbs expecting it to be dead this morning.I was surprised to find it still alive when I checked on it earlier.

The problem I've got is what do I feed it, he doesn't seem to have touched the breadcrumbs.

Or should I just end it's suffering :o

He probably might not like being inside too much... you could try some small seeds of some sort like linseed or sesame seeds.

I would not put him in a cage though, as he probably will get scared and perhaps die from that.

Sadly, my cat has figured out some way to hunt and trap and play with sparrows, so I have had some minor experience in this.

If he has survived the first night ok, then he might be ok.

Also... try not to leave open glass surfaces; use curtains. Otherwise he will fly into one, and hurt himself.

His foot not a problem I think; once his wing is ok, maybe he can fly again then :-)))))

Cook slowly over a charcoal grill, remember to turn it over every few minutes until the flesh is crispy throughout. Eat with a dish of thai BBQ sauce.

The tenderness of this dish will depend on the age of the bird. Young chicks are very tender and juicy and can be eaten in one bite. :o

Cook slowly over a charcoal grill, remember to turn it over every few minutes until the flesh is crispy throughout. Eat with a dish of thai BBQ sauce.

The tenderness of this dish will depend on the age of the bird. Young chicks are very tender and juicy and can be eaten in one bite. :o

Very droll Roger Mellie :D

I'll balance that with a sad ending.

I usually sort of force feed them with a straw. Just dip the straw in milk or water with sugar, tip of your finger on the straw to hold the liquid, other end of the straw over the beak and release finger.

Last experience with a bird, it fell out of the nest up the neighbours roof and landed square in a pan full of yellow paint. Was funny at the time, it was staring at me with eyes blinking, all yellow. Washed it off with water and a toothbrush, took care of it for 2 days until the dog ate it... :o