Thailand, The Land Of The Working Class

eeeya

OP , Thailand is more than Pattaya. A high % of Thai a have degrees. They are so easy to pass or buy here.

I know other highly developed countries 1st world countries too where you could buy 'better prestigious degrees' tongue.png

These are the most 'educated' experts who migrate and start a super whine & a groan.

A genuinely educated human being from any part of this world does not have to migrate to ANY other country and whine & a groan of THAT countries 'uneducated' - if they do, they are obviously 'lesser educated' than THAT countries 'bought' graduates.

I assume that the Thais that you're referring to are your wife and her immediate family/circle of friends. Not very representative of all Thais. At least admit that you only socialize with the lower echelons of Thai society to draw your conclusions.

-

Of course any statement starting with "all Thais" is inherently falls, but do remember that these "lower echelons" you speak of are certainly more representative of the average and ordinary people than those rarified circles you mix in.

Just speaking English well enough to hold a conversation you would consider intelligent probably puts them in the top 2%, and IMO I'm being generous by at least one order of magnitude.

And personally I feel the lower 90% of the population are greatly superior in the aspects I admire to the upper 10%, so believe me I'm not casting aspersions on anyone, just trying to balance your mis-statements about "the real Thais".

OP , Thailand is more than Pattaya. A high % of Thai a have degrees. They are so easy to pass or buy here.

I know other highly developed countries 1st world countries too where you could buy 'better prestigious degrees'

These are the most 'educated' experts who migrate and start a super whine & a groan.

A genuinely educated human being from any part of this world does not have to migrate to ANY other country and whine & a groan of THAT countries 'uneducated' - if they do, they are obviously 'lesser educated' than THAT countries 'bought' graduates.

Wow.. and I thought the movie "inception" was a brain twister..

Yes, most Thais are uneducated, unsophisticated, uninteresting people that do generally seem to be decent enough and have an easy smile.

Certainly accounts for 99 per cent of the Thai Teachers I have worked with recently.