Flight Ticket Cancellation Fees

keestha

It MAINly depends on the ticket-CLASS- thus can also vary (a lot!) at the same airline. In general-but as always there are exceptions, European airlines charge much more as Asian. The tipical very cheap fares are generally NON-Ref, NON-change. In Europe however you should always be able to claim the non-used airporttaxes back- BKK/TH thats 700 THB, nearly 20 eur now. For a good advice in particular circumstance do that old-fashioned thing: consult a real travel agent-often they can even circumvent some of those rules or have special condiitons. it often pays to buy a slightly more expens. ticket to gain much more flexibility.

IF you simply use any of the better fare-compare-sites, you can always push somewhere to see all farerules.

Yes every airline is Different look at the conditions of Carriage though the airline site specificly for the class ticket you bought.. Larger airlines offer better conditions but every airline is different, not sure about Swiss air is that how you are flying?? General conditions of carriage

That's one way airlines make their money.i had flight times changed after another airline changed their times.it was only one hour after I paid the money.no money return.Around 5000 baht.even disputed with the credit card no luck.Both thai airlines.It put A bad taste in my mouth.

I guess the answer is, it depends. I cancelled a Korean Airlines ticket to the US; at the time of purchase it was the cheapest possible fare. The cancellation fee was $150, and the refund took just over two weeks. I booked directly with Korean; if I had booked through an agent, I might have paid them a fee as well. It pays to check the agent's cancellation restrictions, as well as the airline's.

What are your terms and conditions?

Surely you don't expect us to know that?

Look at your fare rules.

Use your brain

Please don't draw a conclusion too quickly, I didn't buy any ticket yet, but was just looking for general information.

Look at your fare rules.

Use your brain

Please don't draw a conclusion too quickly, I didn't buy any ticket yet, but was just looking for general information.

And that general information does not exist, too many variables.

Look at your fare rules.

Use your brain

If he buys a Korean air ticket, he'll be able to cancel and reschedule w/o a fee, at least his return flight anyway. I bought a cheap fare when I did this too, so it must just be the airlines policy?

Edited by isawasnake

Look at your fare rules.

Use your brain

If he buys a Korean air ticket, he'll be able to cancel and reschedule w/o a fee, at least his return flight anyway. I bought a cheap fare when I did this too, so it must just be the airlines policy?

FRom the Koren Air website under FAQ Booking and Ticketing: "Depending on the fare type you purchased, there are rules and restrictions that follow such as non-refundable or refund fee. "

Every company has many different tickets, some with the possibility of refunds, some without. It may be that Korean Air is easier with refunds than some of the others, I don't know, but: it depends on the ticket.

^I bought the cheapest possible ticket I could, didn't need the return..... so I went in to a Korean air office here in BKK (initially I was planning on just writing the ticket off, lucky i didn;t as doing this got me a "free" flight home), told them I could not make my flight, and they gave me a number to call to reschedule within a year, under the assumption the flight i took had open seat(s) available.

I was VERY impressed. Anyway.....