What Bike Alarms Are Available Here.

dvdlock

Hi,

I've been following the thread about the Xena alarmed disc locks and opinions of the pros and cons but I am wondering what other bike alarm options are available here.

I'll be picking up my bike hopefully by the end of the month and want to consider security before hand.

Any information on what's available and opinions welcome.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...

no responses for a year, but y'day saw gt alarms at honda dealer. they said they are baht 2500, can install next week. i will get one and let u know.perhaps u got an alarm. the blurb on the box looks promising.a visit to the website was encouraging, but i can't see baht2500 having so many features.

I have had both , Xena and bike alarm.

The main differences are

Just the bike alarm, goes off with passing wind(car) anyone touching it etc, could be really annoying as nothing happens but it goes off and also does piss off the neighbors.

It is easy to steal, because one can just load it on the pick up truck pretty easy and cut the wires.

Xena is a winner in my opinion, because it serves 2 purposes, 1 its an alarm, but its also a wheel lock. So bike can not be wheeled away, hard to move(load ) sound is really loud and annoying, no wires to cut. only goes off if someone tries to move the bike.

I removed the alarm and just using Xena now .

The main differences are

Just the bike alarm, goes off with passing wind(car) anyone touching it etc, could be really annoying as nothing happens but it goes off and also does piss off the neighbors.

It is easy to steal, because one can just load it on the pick up truck pretty easy and cut the wires.

Xena is a winner in my opinion, because it serves 2 purposes, 1 its an alarm, but its also a wheel lock. So bike can not be wheeled away, hard to move(load ) sound is really loud and annoying, no wires to cut. only goes off if someone tries to move the bike.

Lol, I'm the opposite. My Xena would just go off all the time, so I had a bike alarm installed, no problems so far. You say cut the wires but I can see no wires to cut, unless of course you start removing body panels.

OP: Contact Sumet Cycles the forum sponser, they sell bike alarms at a good price.

The main differences are

Lol, I'm the opposite. My Xena would just go off all the time, so I had a bike alarm installed, no problems so far. You say cut the wires but I can see no wires to cut, unless of course you start removing body panels.

OP: Contact Sumet Cycles the forum sponser, they sell bike alarms at a good price.

The main differences are

May be your Xena is faulty, as its not suppose to go off, only when the wheel is moved.:)

• Like 1

My theory behind the zena going off all the time is do to the brake rotor, its the best place to pick up soundwaves in the surrounding environment and can actually act as amplifier once a resonant frequency hits it. Its similar to a satellite dish. So id put it on the rear rotor instead, since its smaller.

The Xena going off for nothing is well known. I have a Xena that I use as a lock, and removed the batteries to stop it annoying the neighbors at 2am. If you check the internet you will find this is a common problem with Xena. I tried every fix suggested, but none worked. I finally wrote to the company and asked if they were aware of the problem and had any fixes, or could reassure me that new locks no longer had the problem, as I would happily buy another one if the problem had been resolved. More than 12 months since I wrote, but no reply. A pity, as Xena is a great concept let down by what appears to be a dodgy sensor.

The Xena going off for nothing is well known. I have a Xena that I use as a lock, and removed the batteries to stop it annoying the neighbors at 2am. If you check the internet you will find this is a common problem with Xena. I tried every fix suggested, but none worked. I finally wrote to the company and asked if they were aware of the problem and had any fixes, or could reassure me that new locks no longer had the problem, as I would happily buy another one if the problem had been resolved. More than 12 months since I wrote, but no reply. A pity, as Xena is a great concept let down by what appears to be a dodgy sensor.

I am glad i been blessed for a change, mine works great :)

• 3 weeks later...

Coocase do come with alarm and remote model which you can even choose to use the auto locking system just in case you forget to lock your topcase. The alarm will sound for 60 seconds if someone move your bike, although topcase alarm will not be able to prevent bike being stolen but it can just deter thief.

check out our facebook fan page for more info........

https://www.facebook.com/coocasethailand

post-184157-0-92009300-1376002860_thumb.

post-184157-0-50914600-1376002898_thumb.

post-184157-0-36439000-1376002947_thumb.

post-184157-0-60473500-1376003030_thumb.

• Like 1