Possible To Buy A Pitbull Puppy In Phuket?

male

Hi,

Just try to ignore all the ignorant rubbish on here. It is because of people like this that Pit Bulls get such a bad image. Ignorant rhetoric and a hyped up media. There are many dog attacks each year (many of which aren't by pitbulls) by a multitude of breeds but mention "pitbull" and it makes front page news. Further to that this image comes from people who have never owned or had contact with a proper A.P.B.T. See many ignorant people couldn't even identify a proper pitty. They are just lumped in with every bully breed and cross thereof: Amstaff's, bullmastiffs, bulldogs, pigdogs, staffordshire terriers and many others have all been labelled Pit Bulls by an ignorant public. Anyone that knows anything about this wonderful dog knows that the least desirable trait a true Pit Bull can possess is aggressiveness towards humans. It has been selectively bred out of the breed for generations and traditionally any pitty known as a "man-biter" was instantly culled. Anydog can be made to become violent so please stop perpetrating this myths about this wonderful breed of dog. Look up some research and do your homework before you blame one breed for all the wrong doing. I am not saying they are perfect and do have the same potential for violence as any dog but if properly trained and supervised can make a fantastic family pet. 3 generations of owning and raising Pit Bulls in my family and I have yet to see one of my dogs even nip anyone never mind attack them. Ban the deed not the breed!

They are called pit bulls because they were bred to be put in a pit and fight to the death

Pit bulls and pit bull breeders should be put down IMO

• Like 1

People choose these dogs as an extension of their personality.

Just look at the people walking them and you'll have to agree.

"People choose these dogs as an extension of their personality" - I usually find that people with pitbulls don't have much personality to extend. laugh.png

• Like 2

Just for the record . I have a pitbull , 5 years old already and she has never bitten or attacked any human being.

She hates other female dogs but loves males.

Being aware of the problem I put her on a lead whenever in proximity of other female dogs .

For those who do not trust one and all that rubbish, easy answer , do not get one.

For those who would not want neighbors to have one, easier answer- nobody really cares.

My neighbors love my pitbull, they are admittedly afraid of her, but love having her because she keeps the thieves away

Just for the record . I have a pitbull , 5 years old already and she has never bitten or attacked any human being.

Being aware of the problem I put her on a lead whenever in proximity of other female dogs .

For those who do not trust one and all that rubbish, easy answer , do not get one.

For those who would not want neighbors to have one, easier answer- nobody really cares.

My neighbors love my pitbull, they are admittedly afraid of her, but love having her because she keeps the thieves away

Friends of ours had a pitbull in Phuket and sent it to the family farm in Phang gna

Seems a nice dog but it killed the neigbors dog, i would not trust it if its owner was not around

they have turned on owners and their children and are totally banned in Western Australia

Lots of dog breeds will keep thieves away that do not attack people for no reason

Friends of ours had a pitbull in Phuket and sent it to the family farm in Phang gna

Seems a nice dog but it killed the neigbors dog, i would not trust it if its owner was not around

they have turned on owners and their children and are totally banned in Western Australia

Lots of dog breeds will keep thieves away that do not attack people for no reason

Not sure why you felt the need to quote my post, so let me make it bold for you to understand

My pitbull hates other female dogs

Being aware of the problem, i put her on a lead whenever in proximity of other female dogs

Do your friends have any understanding of what dog is? have they socialized the dog at all? have they watched her interact with other dogs?

My guess is NO, so why blame the dog for owners failures?

Considering the amount of pitbuls and other strong breeds around the number so attacks is absolutely minimal, you have higher chance of being hit by a car than attacked by a dog.

Not all people are suited to be dog owners and governments should introduce tests for people to pass before being allowed to own any kind of animal.

At the moment, i have 2 neighbors that have dogs. Neither of them, ever take dogs out for a walk or to socialize. Both kept in tiny driveway of a space with no grass but tiles.

If these dogs ever get out, i am almost certain they will attack anything and everything, but is it the dogs fault? or the owners?

• Like 2

"A 9-year (1979–88) review of fatal dog attacks in the United States determined that, of the 101 attacks in which breed was recorded, pit bulls were implicated in 42 of those attacks (42%). A 1991 study found that 94% of attacks on children by pit bulls were unprovoked, compared to 43% for other breeds. A 5-year (1989–94) review of fatal dog attacks in the U.S. determined that pit bulls and pit bull mixed breeds were implicated in 24 (29%) of the 84 deaths in which breed was recorded."

​Nasty unpredictable animals with an uncertain and ill defined blood line.

These animals are banned in many countries.

Total eradication of the breed would be ideal but failing that pit bulls should always be muzzled except when securely chained within the owners property .

OP, if you are

- one of the rare dog owner that is competent enough to be able to tame the inner savage beast instinct sleeping in every pit bull

- staying in thailand for the next 15 years, assuring you will not leave your child killer at the temple or even worse, giving it to a thai

- going to sterilise it ASAP, helping this breed to disappear from the earth

- not going to move in the general vicinity of my house, thus avoiding instant death by poison of your dog

then go ahead, you can get your vicious dog. <removed>

Edited by LivinginKata
insult removed
  • Like 2

If all you geniuses would look at the OP, this thread is quite old. OP either has or has not got his puppy, which by now would not be a puppy.

Indeed nearly one year old, so will stop the bickering by closing this one.

• Like 1