Water-Parks

Chao Lao Beach

Nothing that I know of. There will be a big one down near Bang Saray in the near future, but it's still under construction.

I think there's a hotel in the Naklua area that has a good pool and stuff, but can't remember which one. There's a daily fee for outsiders. I'll try to find the post.

There is one - Cartoon Network Water Park under construction - due to be completed later in the year.

Another new one, rumoured to be the biggest in SE Asia has land set aside for it near Silverlake, but nothing has started there yet (wonder if the Cartoon Network has stole their thunder)

The hotel with some nice slides, lazy river is Centara in Naklua. The slides are ideal for younger kids, nothing too extravagent, it is a really nice set up.

The cost for someone to walk in and use the facilities is between 500 baht to 850. During high season if they are booked out they won't let any 'walk ins'. If you are really keen you can stay there one night and use the pool for free. Cost of the rooms there are pricey though.

The one at Silverlake won't be built. They had a good start, but it's not going to happen.

That is 100% believable. They have been stalled for a while now & it probably would be rediculous for them to try to compete with the awesome looking(for Thailand)

water park in Ban Ampure Bang saray area.

I wonder how it will turn out?

I'd bet the guy at Silverlake will still do OK as he's had the land for some time. Property prices are rising dramatically for the few large parcels of land available in this area.

I drove by the Bang Saray water park a few days ago. Seemed to be making good progress.

Don't need so many big parks. Silverlake area is quiet country side. But add a park, widen the roads, etc. and soon there won't be any reason to leave the home country. Disneyland, lego land, knott's berry, water parks will be in Thailand. No control or limits on development. My first visit was in 2004 and the changes are amazing and out of control.

The one at Silverlake won't be built. They had a good start, but it's not going to happen.

That is 100% believable. They have been stalled for a while now & it probably would be rediculous for them to try to compete with the awesome looking(for Thailand)

water park in Ban Ampure Bang saray area.

I wonder how it will turn out?

For having a name like Cartoon Network behind it, in my opinion it is very poor looking.

There was excavators and trucks working there yesterday.

I had heard the land was being used for another type of project, but don't know what it is. That was a few months ago.

I had heard the land was being used for another type of project, but don't know what it is. That was a few months ago.

The big sign at the entrance is still up, not sure what is going on - time will tell.

Nothing that I know of. There will be a big one down near Bang Saray in the near future, but it's still under construction.

I think there's a hotel in the Naklua area that has a good pool and stuff, but can't remember which one. There's a daily fee for outsiders. I'll try to find the post.

That would be the Centara Hotel or the Pullman.

Heard about it only, didnt check it out yet

A BIGGER Immigration office maybe ? coffee1.gif

The large flat area on the other side of Sukumvit looks suspiciously like a parking lot to me. Presumably there will be traffic lights for pedestrians to cross, though families dashing across the road whilst avoiding moving traffic would be much more fun to watch.

Will traffic lights for pedestrians to cross be the same as the ones on Pattaya Second Road that are turned off 90% of the time

Go by the site and tell me if you think the large flat area on the other side of Suk looks suspiciously like a parking lot. In reality, it is a new luxury housing development that has spent more on their entrance way than I spent building a house

I can't help but think that buyers there are going to be in the same pickle as those who bought luxury houses next to the Pattaya floating market, unable to get to the developments driveway during the weekend

The large flat area on the other side of Sukumvit looks suspiciously like a parking lot to me. Presumably there will be traffic lights for pedestrians to cross, though families dashing across the road whilst avoiding moving traffic would be much more fun to watch.

And that location Death race 2013 will be filmed.

Go by the site and tell me if you think the large flat area on the other side of Suk looks suspiciously like a parking lot. In reality, it is a new luxury housing development that has spent more on their entrance way than I spent building a house

I do go past the site several times a week, on my way for a walk along Bang Saray beach. This is why I said that to me it looks suspiciously like a parking lot. And to me the large building at the entrance looks like the sort of building that you might well find in the parking lot of a theme park, for the sale of snacks and toys and other assorted crap.

As for it being a luxury housing development, nothing related to property in Thailand would ever surprise me. However as far as I'm concerned living on a housing estate on a busy main road near a theme park would definitely not be any sort of luxury. More like hell on earth.

I'd bet the guy at Silverlake will still do OK as he's had the land for some time. Property prices are rising dramatically for the few large parcels of land available in this area.

I drove by the Bang Saray water park a few days ago. Seemed to be making good progress.

The guy is a gal... Supansa Nuangphirom.

The guy is a gal... Supansa Nuangphirom.

The guy behind the water park is Russian. She's the one behind Silverlake winery.