High End Thai Souvenir Shop In Pattaya?

Penangfreak

Sahwadee Pee Mai Krap

The best place I have seen a "quality" souvenir shop is in The Gem Store on Pattaya Nua - this is billed as the world biggest Gem store. There are 2 but the one nearest Sukh is the one I mean.

You can ride on the little train through the history of gems, look at the manufacturing process of jewels, have a browse around the Gem store and not have to buy anything. But as you get to the exit end, they have a large souvenir shop. The prices compare ( I think ) with the "crap tat" you get on Beach road. The Gem store has items I have not seen in the usual shops.

Free tea or coffee on the way out as well.

BTW - I am not a fan of tourist tat....how many hard wood trees are cut down to make wooden frogs and elephants to gather dust in a former Soviet block apartment / shack.

Sahwadee Pee Mai Krap

The best place I have seen a "quality" souvenir shop is in The Gem Store on Pattaya Nua - this is billed as the world biggest Gem store. There are 2 but the one nearest Sukh is the one I mean.

You can ride on the little train through the history of gems, look at the manufacturing process of jewels, have a browse around the Gem store and not have to buy anything. But as you get to the exit end, they have a large souvenir shop. The prices compare ( I think ) with the "crap tat" you get on Beach road. The Gem store has items I have not seen in the usual shops.

Free tea or coffee on the way out as well.

BTW - I am not a fan of tourist tat....how many hard wood trees are cut down to make wooden frogs and elephants to gather dust in a former Soviet block apartment / shack.

Thank you! PF.

Lukdod on Panaid Chang near Pattaya Nuea. Huge shop, has all the stuff they sell on the street plus antiques, huge wall carvings ($20,000 US !!!) , carved elephants (all sizes) and wooden garden furniture. And bus loads of tourists.