Thaksin Seeks And Offers Forgiveness

Lite Beer

You all seem to be so against the man that the people believe in . Why ?He actually allocated governmment money to to help the poor ! . The problem was the rich did not agree wioth their tax money being used for the poor - not themselves . Your a bunch on sycop[hantic crappetrs who have no idea as to what the situiatipn is here !

Yes, he allocated government money to the poor then convinced them it came from his own pocket. Don't believe me? Go to Isaan and ask anybody how generous Dr. Thaksin is. He 'bought' votes with handouts of taxpayer's money.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I believe his action were very bad and the acts of a greedy man but he is not a selfish man.... As he is one of the reasons thailand is flurishing right now.... He knew what needed to be done and knew how to get it done Suvanabhum airport and many other things..... I think people who hate this man are crazy

I suppose you think Thaksin is one of the reasons China, Vietnam, Indonesia, Korea and many other places are flourishing right now as well? Thailand is flourishing because it is in an economically flourishing region of the world. I think it has very little to do with Thaksin.

I would be absolutely fascinated (as I am out of Thailand at the moment and will be for some time), to know how most Thai people view Thaksins statement - within the context of the Songkran traditions.

I can't help wondering whether many would take a different view to those found here?

i somehow doubt I will find out through TV!

I would be absolutely fascinated (as I am out of Thailand at the moment and will be for some time), to know how most Thai people view Thaksins statement - within the context of the Songkran traditions.

I can't help wondering whether many would take a different view to those found here?

i somehow doubt I will find out through TV!

Just like you, some of them think he is a real sweetie.

What's this the "Forgive & Forget speech" just more diretribe for the masses to be forgotten tomorow cheesy.gifclap2.gif ............coffee1.gif

How long have you been in Thailand?

The expression of such sentiments by those with power is an intrinsic part of the festival. One of my associates called me up yesterday to wish me a happy new year and to express remorse for any wrongs he did me in the past year. Rather decent of the chap. I expect that if you have any Thai friends outside the bar scene, they will do the same.

Well put, thank you! It is disheartening to follow threads like this - so these days I rarely do. Anyway: should TV be for Thai-bashing old farts only or could a special forum be established for people who have chosen Thailand as their new home/work-place and have a minimum of understanding and respect for the culture and people of their new home? What I am saying, I guess - a forum that adheres to simple rules like the ones we had to follow as kids at home: take off your muddy boots before coming in, never swear in front of your mother, do your homework etc. With a two-tiered system the kids who do not respect their mother (homeland), who wade into the house with muddy boots still on, who never has made an effort to learn and understand how their new home has been built - could stay outside and went their fury and anger in the playground-forum, while the other could be for people with a wish to be a part of their new environment and discussions based on the wish to learn from each other and the pleasures of disagreement - the living-room forum.

Keep on dreamin'!

How about the Rose Tinted Forum?

• Like 2

By all means correct me if I'm wrong,... but wasn't he the official, elected, sworn in, PM when he was overthrthrown by an unelected general ? Just making sure my memory is correct.

No he over stayed. He's lucky he's not an expat.

Edited by Mosha

You all seem to be so against the man that the people believe in . Why ?He actually allocated governmment money to to help the poor ! . The problem was the rich did not agree wioth their tax money being used for the poor - not themselves . Your a bunch on sycop[hantic crappetrs who have no idea as to what the situiatipn is here !

Yes, he allocated government money to the poor then convinced them it came from his own pocket. Don't believe me? Go to Isaan and ask anybody how generous Dr. Thaksin is. He 'bought' votes with handouts of taxpayer's money.

Not only, but also .......benefits awarded to the poor by the democrat government are widely believed to have come from the "Great Benefactor" due to lies spread by his red followers.

• Like 2

By all means correct me if I'm wrong,... but wasn't he the official, elected, sworn in, PM when he was overthrthrown by an unelected general ? Just making sure my memory is correct.

I'm sorry to advise,you're memory,for the most part, has failed you.

He is new give him a little bit of room.

He has obviously met up with some red shirt school graduates.

Give him a little time and the reality will set in. Hell it didn't set in with me until he had them pouring blood all over the place that could very well have been carrying all kinds of diseases didn't matter to him what plague they could have started he was not here in Thailand to catch it.

Couple of points:

Thaksin had resigned as PM when he was overthrown by the coup. He was a caretaker PM.

Whether Abhisit is better than Thaksin is not the point (I think he is though). The point is that Thailand has a government that's not allowed to sneeze without Thaksin's permission. Dictatorship? Very close. If Yingluck was allowed to get on with governing for ALL Thais without interference, much of the divisiveness would disappear & all the misspent time trying to get him home free would be put to more productive use.

He gave peanuts to the poor - giving them fish instead of teaching them how to fish is a near analogy - and kept the real money for himself & his family.

Add, that this is still somewhat incorrect.

He was an EXPIRED Caretaker PM, who had resigned at the palace,

and his Deputy was made Official Caretaker PM for the second care taker term.

But a week later Thaksin arbitrarily took the PM chair back, without so much as a by your leave.

Thaksin never when to the palace to be reinstalled, and started acting as if he had full PM powers, which he did not possess.

Even if there was a constitutional gray area of them not writing in 'specifically about an expired caretakers term', because an election was not properly run, Thaksin STILL FAILED IN HIS ONLY MAIN DUTY;

RUN THAT ELECTION PROPERLY.

Thaksin had publicly resigned after this failure; partly caused by his own party,

and the suborned Election Commission members who all went to jail,and his resignation accepted.

His unilaterally taking back the caretaker PM seat, calling himself PM and then going to the United Nations calling himself "Prime Minister Of Thailand", was a slap at the constitution and HRM who's constitutional duty is to install PMs and caretaker PMs.

All a matter of the public record, but at deviation to the legend,

that Thaksin has tried so hard to spin into golden strands that blind all to the truth.

Actually according to Wikipedia Police General Chitchai Wannasathit was the caretaker PM for 48 days from 4th April until 23rd May 2006 (not the 88 days Wiki says).

Couple of points:

Thaksin had resigned as PM when he was overthrown by the coup. He was a caretaker PM.

Whether Abhisit is better than Thaksin is not the point (I think he is though). The point is that Thailand has a government that's not allowed to sneeze without Thaksin's permission. Dictatorship? Very close. If Yingluck was allowed to get on with governing for ALL Thais without interference, much of the divisiveness would disappear & all the misspent time trying to get him home free would be put to more productive use.

He gave peanuts to the poor - giving them fish instead of teaching them how to fish is a near analogy - and kept the real money for himself & his family.

Add, that this is still somewhat incorrect.

He was an EXPIRED Caretaker PM, who had resigned at the palace,

and his Deputy was made Official Caretaker PM for the second care taker term.

But a week later Thaksin arbitrarily took the PM chair back, without so much as a by your leave.

Thaksin never when to the palace to be reinstalled, and started acting as if he had full PM powers, which he did not possess.

Even if there was a constitutional gray area of them not writing in 'specifically about an expired caretakers term', because an election was not properly run, Thaksin STILL FAILED IN HIS ONLY MAIN DUTY;

RUN THAT ELECTION PROPERLY.

Thaksin had publicly resigned after this failure; partly caused by his own party,

and the suborned Election Commission members who all went to jail,and his resignation accepted.

His unilaterally taking back the caretaker PM seat, calling himself PM and then going to the United Nations calling himself "Prime Minister Of Thailand", was a slap at the constitution and HRM who's constitutional duty is to install PMs and caretaker PMs.

All a matter of the public record, but at deviation to the legend,

that Thaksin has tried so hard to spin into golden strands that blind all to the truth.

Actually according to Wikipedia Police General Chitchai Wannasathit was the caretaker PM for 48 days from 4th April until 23rd May 2006 (not the 88 days Wiki says).

Clearly history edited, but Vhitchai was the Dep. PM.

The title didn't 'officially change hands' but the control did.

Edited by animatic

No he over stayed. He's lucky he's not an expat.

Oops he is an expat. whistling.gif

Look Folks some of my freinds think that Thaskin is a low life piece of Sh*t, others thinks he is a corrupt scumbag. Can't we all agree that Thaskin is a low life piece of sh*t corrupt scumbag? Stop the bickering.

And the illiterate electorate think he's a 'god'. He did so much to help the country (apparently).

He has gone to great lengths to advertise into legend the few small things he has done.

But what rankles most is :

What he COULD have done for ALL, not just a chosen few,

if he had truly been the man his legend says he is, is wasted.

That gain for all is lost.

Apparently, one of his achievements was ensuring university education places. Looking at the standard of post-university education it didn't achieve much.

Then perhaps Thai education isn't intended to prepare the population for a better future (sorry, used Thai and future in the same sentence)

• Like 1

What's this the "Forgive & Forget speech" just more diretribe for the masses to be forgotten tomorow cheesy.gifclap2.gif ............coffee1.gif

How long have you been in Thailand?

The expression of such sentiments by those with power is an intrinsic part of the festival. One of my associates called me up yesterday to wish me a happy new year and to express remorse for any wrongs he did me in the past year. Rather decent of the chap. I expect that if you have any Thai friends outside the bar scene, they will do the same.

Well put, thank you! It is disheartening to follow threads like this - so these days I rarely do. Anyway: should TV be for Thai-bashing old farts only or could a special forum be established for people who have chosen Thailand as their new home/work-place and have a minimum of understanding and respect for the culture and people of their new home? What I am saying, I guess - a forum that adheres to simple rules like the ones we had to follow as kids at home: take off your muddy boots before coming in, never swear in front of your mother, do your homework etc. With a two-tiered system the kids who do not respect their mother (homeland), who wade into the house with muddy boots still on, who never has made an effort to learn and understand how their new home has been built - could stay outside and went their fury and anger in the playground-forum, while the other could be for people with a wish to be a part of their new environment and discussions based on the wish to learn from each other and the pleasures of disagreement - the living-room forum.

Keep on dreamin'!

How about the Rose Tinted Forum?

Good idea! We normally think of you sons and daughters of the lost queens empire as pink, - but ROSE does sound better, doesn't it? Reminds you of your gardens back home, doesn't it, allthough pink would be a more accurate description taking colour of skin n' stuff into consideration. Rose is great! Question though: will you still be wearing your short cute pants, wool socks and ties in different colours in your Thai-bashing forum? I really hope so! Cheers!

@ Imkah Post No: 107

You said:

Good idea! We normally think of you sons and daughters of the lost queens empire as pink, - but ROSE does sound better, doesn't it? Reminds you of your gardens back home, doesn't it, allthough pink would be a more accurate description taking colour of skin n' stuff into consideration. Rose is great! Question though: will you still be wearing your short cute pants, wool socks and ties in different colours in your Thai-bashing forum? I really hope so! Cheers!

Majic replied:

For the record:

I have no desire to see a Thai Bashing Thread on TV,but merely to see freedom of debate,for those that have a viewpoint,which they would like to discuss!

• Like 1

Imkah said:

A speech on behalf of the Street-Cred Flip-Flops Party. Edited by yoshiwara

@ Imkah Post No: 107

You said:

Majic replied:

For the record:

I have no desire to see a Thai Bashing Thread on TV,but merely to see freedom of debate,for those that have a viewpoint,which they would like to discuss!

That would indeed be an interesting forum. As is a lot of the people who don't care for some thing such as corruption will bash the whole Thai population. (TIT) is nothing but Thai bashing. I love Thailand but there are some things I don't care for. It would be nice to have a forum where you could talk about these things with out dragging other non related things into the discussion.

• Like 1

It's Songkran and it's the " right " thing to say and that's about all. He is known for his ruthless and vindictive streak and if he ever get back to Thailand a lot of people will be running for cover as he has scores to settle

But he has publically forgiven all those who wronged him, are you saying this is false forgiveness?smile.png