Need Pattaya Apartment Hotel With Wired High Speed Internet

lapd

This is much harder to find than one would expect. I have managed to find one and only one place that has what I need. In order to do that I have to go out into the hall in the middle of the night with a long ethernet cable I bring with me and plug into the wifi router mounted on the wall. That basically gives me direct access to their DSL modem rather than using a WiFi signal. I had some hope 3G could provide what I needed but it doesn't. Usually worse than WiFi if it works at all.

I cannot use WiFi because it almost never works well with VoIP. I am doing business stuff with people who don't know where I am and I want to keep it that way. I don't want them to know I am using VoIP either.

Anyways, anyone know a good apartment hotel that charges by the week and/or month with good wired internet. Budget is not unlimited so it's also a consideration. Even if it wasn't it doesn't open up more options based on my investigations. I would consider a standard hotel if the price was reasonable.

Barring that, anyone know any good internet cafe's open late into the night during North American business hours that maybe have private somewhat sound proof booths where I can plug directly into their network. Not the most convenent option but I might have to start looking harder at that since I have not been able to find any alternatves so far.

Edited by lapd

I use VOIP with wifi on my Android phone. It works fine. It is my own wifi though, not some shared building connection.

Like I said, wifi is not an option. I would rather not go into all the reasons and scenarios and technical explanations. If it works for you for what you are doing then great. It does not work for me for what I am doing....full stop end of story.

Edited by lapd

Why don't you set up an account with a proxy service in North America that will let you use an encrypted tunnel to it, and go out from there? If privacy over WiFi is your issue, that would cure it. I tunnel to my own server in N. Am. always and nobody ever knows where I am.

Why don't you set up an account with a proxy service in North America that will let you use an encrypted tunnel to it, and go out from there? If privacy over WiFi is your issue, that would cure it. I tunnel to my own server in N. Am. always and nobody ever knows where I am.

Logical option considering the OP is already in a place that has Net access. I owudl much rather this than be forced to sit in some cubical in an Internet cafe all night! But given his tone in the reply to BPB I doubt its going to interest him........beatdeadhorse.gif

Edited by Para
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has nothing to do with security and tunnels only make the problem worse.

I could go into all the reasons WiFi usually doesn't work well with VoIP but I would rather not have the thread go in that direction.

Edited by lapd

• 2 months later...

The few hotels I've stayed in that had wired internet, for example Bangkok Hilton, had very strong restrictions on which traffic they would allow through. I seem to recall anything but standard port 80 and 443 was blocked. I'd suggest renting a condo and get your own fixed line in, but of course I don't know how long you intend to stay and if necessary you'd be able to find anything for short term rental.

Yes, that was a typo, of course I meant 3G.

Much as I try I can't make sense of this "I was referring to a not all call from a mobile not using 3g" - could you please clarify what you mean?

Typo also not all means normal so it should be a normal call

Right, so you suggest the OP should just make a normal phone call instead of using VOIP. Well that's an option, except the OP already made it clear that he wish to use VOIP. There are many reasons why one would want to use VOIP over a "normal phone call", including:

1) better voice quality

2) dramatically lower price for international phone calls

3) possibility to show the call being make from somewhere else, i.e. with VOIP I could make it seem like I was making the call from USA or somewhere in Europe.

Right, so you suggest the OP should just make a normal phone call instead of using VOIP. Well that's an option, except the OP already made it clear that he wish to use VOIP. There are many reasons why one would want to use VOIP over a "normal phone call", including:

1) better voice quality

2) dramatically lower price for international phone calls

3) possibility to show the call being make from somewhere else, i.e. with VOIP I could make it seem like I was making the call from USA or somewhere in Europe.

As soon as I read option 1 I stopped reading anymore and made a mental note that this guy don't know he's talking about

I'm using VOXcorp for my VOIP calls, and I can assuredly say the quality is better then regular phone calls.

Don't ask me why, but it is. Even when using 3G (I have the app on my android phone).

• 9 months later...

soo.........................i have the same problem as the original poster - for work reasons - i need a pattaya hotel that is secure and has ethernet wired internet connections for a VOIP phone - this has nothing to do with cell phones

did anyone ever find a solution or a hotel for this problem?

thanks an advance