Yingluck Helps Sister Yaowapa Campaign In Chiang Mai

webfact

PM helps sister Yaowapa campaign in Chiang Mai
The Nation

30204053-01_big.jpg

Pheu Thai Party MP candidate Yaowapa Wongsawat has shown her ambition to take up more important tasks than just being a member of Parliament for Chiang Mai.

CHIANG MAI: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday helped her elder sister campaign in Doi Saket district in Constituency 3. After walking around Padungdoidaen Market greeting the throngs of voters who turned out to meet the PM's team, the pair visited Doi Saket Temple to seek blessings from Abbot Phra Photirangsi.

Yaowapa told the abbot that if she lands the MP post, she would like to give a hand to Yingluck, who she said is overworked.

Yaowapa's decision to run in the by-election after serving her five-year political ban has met with heavy criticism, especially from local red shirts who wanted the party to select a candidate by voting instead of opting for a family member.

The abbot told Yingluck and Yaowapa that he believes their brother Thaksin was a PM who contributed significantly to the country's development and that his management of the country was exemplary.

Yingluck should follow in Thaksin's footsteps and practice tolerance and kindness to win the hearts and minds of people who think differently so that she could continue running the country for 12 years, he said.

Yingluck told the abbot that she had taken the path of forbearance because that is what she needs to do as a politician.

"It's no use exchanging verbal barbs because it only brings pain. I'd rather concentrate on working and do everything for the country."

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-04-15

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Overworked? PMs of countries with far larger area, population and economy still manage to appear in parliament to put forward policies and answer the opposition's questions. OTOH most of them have had actual experience of "work" without the advantages of nepotism and cronyism.

Overworked keeping track of her frequent flyer miles maybe

• Like 2

Do not know about this monk but many are as corrupt as the politicians, stealing land from villagers,and corrupt use of Wat money

I could tell you about many monks and their convenient connection to their "religion" and a more closer activity to other practices

Sent from my GT-S7500L using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The abbot told Yingluck and Yaowapa that he believes their brother Thaksin was a PM who contributed significantly to the country's development and that his management of the country was exemplary.

What planet is he on?

Endlessly searching for nirvana I presume, don't know if making political statements like this will help though.

Maybe he is interested in more earthly rewards.

What planet is he on?

Endlessly searching for nirvana I presume, don't know if making political statements like this will help though.

Well, I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Religious figures and armed forces should butt out of politics.

What planet is he on?

Well, I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Religious figures and armed forces should butt out of politics.

I agree. The trouble is most political leaders seem to be on first name terms with their god.

• Like 1

Do not know about this monk but many are as corrupt as the politicians, stealing land from villagers,and corrupt use of Wat money

I would suggest that he and his temple have landed a large " donation "

Just paying merit.

Finally... Yingluck admits she is incapable of the job? Just another step towards dictatorship. We can only hope the rumours of cancer in Thaksin will cause his demise prior to the departure of our revered Thai royalty or Thailand will become a seriously unsafe place to be as a Farang and even worse for the Thai citizens at the hands of a sociopath.

Edited by Locationthailand
  • Like 1

"she could continue running the country for 12 years"

Well, maybe after we changed yet another article in the constitution? No mention in article 201 of the 1997 constitution, but in the 2007 version in section 171 we have this sentence:

The Prime Minister shall not hold office for more than eight consecutive years.

Except perhaps if your name is ... !

• Like 1

Yaowapa told the abbot that if she lands the MP post, she would like to give a hand to Yingluck, who she said is overworked.

In truth she really means that Yingluck will be more closely controlled by two puppet masters to ensure that she doesn't stray from the family marionette show and interrupt the cash flow or even worse upstage the puppet master.

One should always be aware that the enemies in ones house are far more dangerous than those outside of the house walls.

The strife within the Thaksin clan indeed must be a simmering cauldron of jealousy and greed with everyone trying to get their snouts further into the trough of finance and power, much like sharks when they are in a feeding frenzy, however we need to remember as should Thaksin sharks even consume each other.

God gave us our relatives, thank God we can choose our friends.

• Like 2

Yingluck should follow in Thaksin's footsteps and practice tolerance and

kindness to win the hearts and minds of people who think differently so

that she could continue running the country for 12 years, he said.

God help the people of Thailand!

I actually burst out laughing when I saw this line. Guess this monk needs to keep up better with the news...
  • Like 2

Well, maybe after we changed yet another article in the constitution? No mention in article 201 of the 1997 constitution, but in the 2007 version in section 171 we have this sentence:

That section 171 will definitely have to go.

• Like 1

That section 171 will definitely have to go.

One clause that I would approve of changing, because its intent is so easily circumvented. Think in terms of the current Chiang Mai bye-election - except of course both parties will be party list MPs so no need for an election.

What planet is he on?

His moneyplanet. He was well paid to say that.

"It's no use exchanging verbal barbs because it only brings pain. I'd rather concentrate on working and do everything for the country."............a few on these boards could benefit Tvisa by following this sound judgement

• Like 1

^26 Ozmick

As far as I know k. Yaowapa is a constituency candidate as she is registered ( as living) there.

Well yes, that is why they are having a bye-election. I was thinking more in terms of having a patsy hold your seat until it was convenient for you.