Twin Bomb Explosions Shatter Boston Marathon Finish Line

SeaVisionBurma

Authorities identify suspect in Boston Marathon bombing from security video: reports

Investigators have identified a suspect in the Boston Marathon
bombings which killed three and injured more than 150 and are “very
close to an arrest,” according to multiple reports.

Authorities have a picture of the suspect carrying a black bag near the bomb site, the Boston Globe reports.

CNN says a Lord and Taylor department store security camera and a
local television station provided footage that helped investigators
narrow in on an individual.

The Boston Globe says the suspect was spotted by the department store’s cameras at the second bombing location on Boylston Street.

A 5 p.m. EST press conference with the FBI and Boston police is expected to address the reports.

Nationalpost.com

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's rather like the Oscars....but this time who will the arrested person be?

Various posters are praying for a Muslim so as to avoid another Brevik, McVeigh scenario.

Most normal people are just hoping that an evil person/persons is taken off the streets.

Sadly though it looks like CNN may have jumped the gun:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22190353

Edited by folium
  • Like 1

UK.MSN

US officials are denying that a suspect is in custody in connection with the deadly Boston Marathon bombings.

A law enforcement official briefed on the investigation told The Associated Press a suspect was in custody.

But the FBI and the US attorney's office in Boston dispute that.

The official who spoke to The Associated Press did so on condition of anonymity and stood by the information even after it was disputed. The official had said the suspect was expected in US federal court in Boston. Reporters and police have converged at the courthouse.

UK.MSN

US officials are denying that a suspect is in custody in connection with the deadly Boston Marathon bombings.

A law enforcement official briefed on the investigation told The Associated Press a suspect was in custody.

The official who spoke to The Associated Press did so on condition of anonymity and stood by the information even after it was disputed. The official had said the suspect was expected in US federal court in Boston. Reporters and police have converged at the courthouse.

What a way to handle newsflow! If you were to devise a way to get some people to suspect a false flag, this would be it.

• Like 1

Various posters are praying for a Muslim so as to avoid another Brevik, McVeigh scenario.

Most normal people are just hoping that an evil person/persons is taken off the streets.

Or Salon, who are praying for a white American, as indeed are CAIR for fear of Muslims being seen in a bad light.

• Like 1

At least a suspect has been identified, it is now just a matter of the authorities tracking the suspect down and making an arrest, hopefully the suspect will be found soon.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Authorities identify suspect in Boston Marathon bombing from security video: reports

Investigators have identified a suspect in the Boston Marathon

bombings which killed three and injured more than 150 and are “very

close to an arrest,” according to multiple reports.

Authorities have a picture of the suspect carrying a black bag near the bomb site, the Boston Globe reports.

CNN says a Lord and Taylor department store security camera and a

local television station provided footage that helped investigators

narrow in on an individual.

The Boston Globe says the suspect was spotted by the department store’s cameras at the second bombing location on Boylston Street.

A 5 p.m. EST press conference with the FBI and Boston police is expected to address the reports.

Nationalpost.com

You'd be shi!!ing bricks if you have a black backpack (like 95% of laptop backpacks) and were in Boston . . .

Or Salon, who are praying for a white American, as indeed are CAIR for fear of Muslims being seen in a bad light.

Either it seems to point to the actions of a lone mental case, muslim, white, pink, green, catholic, klingon, whatever.

UK.MSN

What a way to handle newsflow! If you were to devise a way to get some people to suspect a false flag, this would be it.

It just get's murkier. Now we have the 'innocent' Saudi being deported next week as a security risk. He happens to belong to a very influential family with links to Al-Qaeda, but his presence at the marathon and proximity to the blast were coincidental. As I guess too was Kerry's meeting with Saudi diplomats being closed to the press at short notice. Or indeed Obama having an unscheduled meeting with the Saudis.

Yes, I see it clearly a libertarian white supremacist patsy with NRA membership did it.

http://www.theminorityreportblog.com/2013/04/17/so-called-innocent-saudi-national-abdulrahman-ali-al-harbi-to-be-deported-on-national-security-grounds/

UK.MSN

It just get's murkier. Now we have the 'innocent' Saudi being deported next week as a security risk. He happens to belong to a very influential family with links to Al-Qaeda, but his presence at the marathon and proximity to the blast were coincidental. As I guess too was Kerry's meeting with Saudi diplomats being closed to the press at short notice. Or indeed Obama having an unscheduled meeting with the Saudis.

Yes, I see it clearly a libertarian white supremacist patsy with NRA membership did it.

http://www.theminorityreportblog.com/2013/04/17/so-called-innocent-saudi-national-abdulrahman-ali-al-harbi-to-be-deported-on-national-security-grounds/

Clearly not all conspiracy nonsense has gotten deleted.

By the way, are you aware of the questions about the credibility of Steve Emerson and how much of an "expert" he is? I can only hope not, given how you assert what he says as if it's fact. (The guy who, among other things, assured people that Oklahoma City bombing was the work of Islamist terrorists and that Oklahoma was "probably considered one of the largest centers of Islamic radical activity outside the Middle East". About this bombing? Probably not "white extremists" because "they use guns".)

And yet you would dismiss the people at QAISS...classic.

"EMERSON: I have been given privy to certain classified information, it appears that it was a political act of terrorism done for political reasons." Yeah, sure you have.

UK.MSN

I predict this deportation story will turn out to be completely fabricated . Deportation requires an application to a civil court and a decision to be made by an immigration judge. No-one can know if and when this person will be deported unless these proceedings have been carried out.

I'm guessing that even an application for deportation has not and will never be made, and that this is just made up.

UK.MSN

I predict this deportation story will turn out to be completely fabricated . Deportation requires an application to a civil court and a decision to be made by an immigration judge. No-one can know if and when this person will be deported unless these proceedings have been carried out.

I'm guessing that even an application for deportation has not and will never be made, and that this is just made up.

You could well be right, my point is that the way news has been managed positively invites conspiracy theories. Let's see whether or not the predictions that the Saudi in question being deported turns out to be true or not. A prompt denial from official channels would be helpful I would have thought.

You could well be right, my point is that the way news has been managed positively invites conspiracy theories. Let's see whether or not the predictions that the Saudi in question being deported turns out to be true or not. A prompt denial from official channels would be helpful I would have thought.

It doesn't invite conspiracy theories from me. It looks like what it is: complete chaos, contributed to by a bunch of incompetent law enforcement officers leaking unverified information to make themselves feel important, to a set of incompetent credulous news reporters, and the resulting nonsense made worse by a bunch of pundits sitting in a miasma of self satisfied stupidity in the studios of Fox and CNN among others.

Just a stupid mess by stupid people. Not management.

And incidentally I don't feel that officials engaged in an urgent high pressure criminal investigation have any obligation at all to comment on, or correct, BS that as far as I can see emanates entirely from so-called experts at Fox news and no other independent source.

Edited by partington
  • Like 2

A suspect is a suspect. Being arrested is just that,being arrested. Why do the news channels perpetuate this false idea that a suspect is quilty and should be hung. An arrested person is not quilty and then the morons watching the news want think arrest = quilty. What is the matter with morons who are unable to differeniate between,suspect,arrested,to a court case,a trial,and a not quilty or quilty verdict.

Boston, I only ever knew it for Ted Bundy,the Boston strangler,never knew there was a marathon or patriot day.News to Me.

I think one thing everyone can agree on is that terrorist attacks, be they right or left wing extremists, of foreign or domestic origin, or false flag operations, always always work to the advantage of the state.

Brievik, PIRA, etc etc...??

Those didn't happen in America did they? Maybe you haven't followed the gross curtailment of civil liberties in America post 9/11. You can Google Patriot Act, Homeland Security Act, SOPA, NDAA for a start. There has been a steady militarization of police forces and surveillance is omnipresent in population centers.

http://www.aclu.org/national-security/threats-civil-liberties-post-september-11-secrecy-erosion-privacy-danger-unchecked

Oh, here's another one:

http://www.businessinsider.com/congress-passes-cispa-cybersecurity-bill-2013-4#comments

OK, the FBI has suspect pictures, two people actually:

http://www.fbi.gov/news/updates-on-investigation-into-multiple-explosions-in-boston/photos

Of the three top "theories" I think superficially these people point a bit more to Islamic terror rather than angry white men domestic anti-government terrorists and certainly if it's them. the crazy lone wolf theory is out.

They look ethnically ambiguous but could be (but nowhere near definitely) Middle Eastern and they are YOUNGER men. Younger men points more to Islamic terrorists vs. domestic right wing terrorists would be more likely to be OLDER angry white men.

The FBI won't touch the ethnic profiling thing and has offered no guess about their nationality/ethnicity, but realistically I'm sure lots of the public are thinking about that part of it.

If they are foreigners it seems a good chance they already fled the U.S.. Of course if they're really sophisticated they entered and exited illegally.

My understanding is that they have evidence of one of these suspects placing the backpack-bomb and as far as the other one evidence can link him to the blown up backpack. Also they have evidence they were communicating and working as team.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

They look ethnically ambiguous but could be (but nowhere near definitely) Middle Eastern and they are YOUNGER men. Younger men points more to Islamic terrorists vs. domestic right wing terrorists would be more likely to be OLDER angry white men.

JT, you have been intentionally careful in your assessment but it is correct. One (perhaps both) of those suspects clearly does not look white Anglo Saxon. He could easily pass for Middle Eastern, maybe Hispanic or even South Asian (Indian). That then raises the question: do Hispanics or Indians have a history of terrorist bombings in America? What are we left with by process of elimination?

http://www.fbi.gov/news/updates-on-investigation-into-multiple-explosions-in-boston/photos

Of the three top "theories" I think superficially these people point a bit more to Islamic terror rather than angry white men domestic anti-government terrorists and certainly if it's them. the crazy lone wolf theory is out.

The FBI won't touch the ethnic profiling thing and has offered no guess about their nationality/ethnicity, but realistically I'm sure lots of the public are thinking about that part of it.

If they are foreigners it seems a good chance they already fled the U.S.. Of course if they're really sophisticated they entered and exited illegally.

My understanding is that they have evidence of one of these suspects placing the backpack-bomb and as far as the other one evidence can link him to the blown up backpack. Also they have evidence they were communicating and working as team.

I think you make good points. I'm not sure they could have fled the US. I think everyone and his dog has been looking at everyone leaving. You don't just waltz into Canada or get on an airplane without being photographed and ID'd. You can't get into Canada without a passport, even if you're a US citizen. Mexico is a long way away to get to unnoticed, and those borders will have more than the usual surveillance.

I have posted from the beginning that I think they'll catch the perp(s). I think if necessary they'll hunt the world over no matter how long it takes. Think Osama Been Dead. They'll slip right into an area where they have no jurisdiction if they have to, and kill them.

Edited by NeverSure

JT, you have been intentionally careful in your assessment but it is correct. One (perhaps both) of those suspects clearly does not look white Anglo Saxon. He could easily pass for Middle Eastern, maybe Hispanic or even South Asian (Indian). That then raises the question: do Hispanics or Indians have a history of terrorist bombings in America? What are we left with by process of elimination?

There used to be a Puerto Rican terrorist movement operating on the mainland but my impression is they have been inactive for many years.

It was mentioned on the news that the FBI not mentioning theories of ethnicity was done for more than being PC reasons. The reason suggested is if they had a theory about nationality, people would be focusing on that, when they want millions of people to look at those pictures with an open mind and unfiltered, better chance of good leads. Of course if they knew their nationality they would have said that.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

A suspect is a suspect. Being arrested is just that,being arrested. Why do the news channels perpetuate this false idea that a suspect is quilty and should be hung. An arrested person is not quilty and then the morons watching the news want think arrest = quilty. What is the matter with morons who are unable to differeniate between,suspect,arrested,to a court case,a trial,and a not quilty or quilty verdict.

Boston, I only ever knew it for Ted Bundy,the Boston strangler,never knew there was a marathon or patriot day.News to Me.

Sometimes I think those rights go too far. Sometimes court cases and appeals drag on for twenty years, no kidding.

If people are caught red handed, and there is no reasonable doubt, then I think justice should be swift.

In this case, if it's true that they were seen working together, that one was seen placing a bomb, then we're a step closer. Then, if they ID them and go to where they lived and find traces of exactly the same brand and batch of powder that was used, or even find it on their clothes and hands, then we're another step. Then if there were emails or other on computers...

When the pros get finished with the forensics, if it's them and all that needs to be done is stack up the evidence and display it to a jury, then I don't know why it should take more than year after the prosecution is ready for trial. Guilty or innocent, it should get done.

If a jury finds them guilty, then I don't care what they do to them as long as it's life ending.

I'd like to add that this is a federal crime, even though of course it happened in a state. The use of explosives in a crime is federal. Killing with explosives carries the death penalty. Link

The feds aren't going to rest. No one can do this under their noses without them pulling out all of the stops, the world over.

I'd like to add that this is a federal crime, even though of course it happened in a state. The use of explosives in a crime is federal. Killing with explosives carries the death penalty. Link

The feds aren't going to rest. No one can do this under their noses without them pulling out all of the stops, the world over.

Homeland Security is indeed the world's most formidable investigative and criminal enforcement behemoth ever created. 187 federal agencies come under its umbrella, as well as the 14 agencies that constitute the U.S. intelligence community.