Eight Injured As Phuket Bus Overturns In Krabi

Lite Beer

Eight injured as Phuket bus overturns in Krabi
Phuket Gazette -

post-36914-0-45022100-1366094973_thumb.j
Eight people were injured in the accident, but no serious injuries were reported. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: Eight passengers received minor injuries when a bus heading from Phuket to Trang ran off the road and overturned in Krabi on Sunday.

The accident occurred at about 2pm, Lt Panom Parnmart of Ao Luek Police told the Phuket Gazette.

“Rescue workers rushed to the scene to find the bus on its roof in a roadside ditch about two meters deep.

“Arjara Tiewthong, who was on the bus with her children, said the bus could not slow down in time to pick up a passenger waiting beside the road," Lt Panom said.

“The bus driver, Manoon Sengso, 68, said the road was slippery from the rain and he lost control of the bus,” he added.

Police are continuing their investigation into the cause of the accident.

“We will call the driver back for more questioning and we will again question the people injured in the accident after the Songkran holidays,” Lt Panom said.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Eight-injured-as-Phuket-bus-overturns-in-Krabi-20789.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-04-16

All bus accidents should give the owner of the bus and the driver 20 years in jail.

You can see lot of busses pass me on the highway in high speed. I know the road is slipery when its wet so I reduce my speed, but the busses continue as nothing happen. This is crazy so the driver should be punish.

You can see the coments from the driver in all bus accidents, the road was wet and slipery (its the roads fault).

The curv was very sharp (its the curvs fault). Its time to start propper training of bus and truck drivers, and punish them hard when involved in accidents.

• Like 1

All bus accidents should give the owner of the bus and the driver 20 years in jail.

You can see lot of busses pass me on the highway in high speed. I know the road is slipery when its wet so I reduce my speed, but the busses continue as nothing happen. This is crazy so the driver should be punish.

You can see the coments from the driver in all bus accidents, the road was wet and slipery (its the roads fault).

The curv was very sharp (its the curvs fault). Its time to start propper training of bus and truck drivers, and punish them hard when involved in accidents.

What amazes me is the LPG Semis that get rolled in BKK. Two in the last year - driven I think by teeny boppers who haven't learnt that the laws of physics have practical applications.

So far they have not blown, but when they go, potential is second only to Hiroshima - 'fuel air bomb'.

You know it should be pretty simple to enforce strict penalties to the drivers and bus companies to enforce a safe reliable service but as usual they stick there head in the sand no one wants to rock the boat or take ant responsibility for anything that happens in this country and thats where i come to the conclusion that this is a backwards country and at the present time i cannot see it moving forward in the near future and before any of the apologists come on saying you know what, dont worry im out of here in 6 weeks for a much needed break from this place.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Always something else or someone else causing these poor misunderstood people their woes. I'll take this 63 year old man's word for it. I am certain he has all the experience to know that slippery wet roads are a gamble to ride on when going too fast and something should be done about those horrible roads for not allowing him to drive at speed.

• Like 1

At lunch time today a local single decker Bangkok bus had a front near side tyre blowout and the bus skidded across two lanes coming to a stop only inches away from the curb at Chaengwattana Soi 6. No one was injured although the blast from the burst tyre or the shock did knock a cyclist of his bike. It was like a grenade going off. The traffic was fairly light and it was very fortuneate that there were no other vehicles in the way of the drifting bus as they would have simply been plouged into the curb.

I went to assist in the evacuation of the bus and had a good look at the front burst tyre . There was a section of the side wall around 12' x 4" missing and the tyre had less than 1 mm of tread. It also appeared that the tyre was a re-tread which would indicate that the tyre had a significant life span and as such I suspect that is why the wall blew out.

Call it what you will but it is only by pure good luck that no one was killed or seriously injured and the root cause was due to a inferior front tyre which had no place at all being installed on a public transport vehicle.

• Like 1

ANOTHER bus accident 3 in as many days !

The road was wet and so slippery (Bloody well slow down then)

My brakes failed

In did'nt know the road so was going too fast to stop for a passenger.

Have these drivers still got a job, this is bloody criminal, however the police seem to like the excuses, it means that the lazy buggers need only to accept it and the job is done .....back to sleep !

What amazes me is the LPG Semis that get rolled in BKK. Two in the last year - driven I think by teeny boppers who haven't learnt that the laws of physics have practical applications.

So far they have not blown, but when they go, potential is second only to Hiroshima - 'fuel air bomb'.

I think one did blow last year..........massive !

Have we got an expert on bus tyres in here. I am sure that the tyres on the right of the bus is a different size to the left ?

Please tell me i am wrong.

And now after a closer look, i think that the two on the right side of the bus do not match.

Its common knowledge and it can't be helped that buses fall over or slip when it rains here. I'm afraid there's nothing that can be done, it just happens. It couldn't possibly be a drivers fault because that would mean responsibility for ones actions, nor the companies greed either. Everyone knows maintenance is expensive and a waste of time and effort - a pointless concept suggested by stupid farangs. Those mismatched tyres are nothing whatsoever to do with the accident, neither are they or will they be deemed as evidence of negligence. It is the rains fault, that's it. Can't be helped. Case closed. Driver will be piloting another bus within a few days.

For Sheldon and anyone else uncertain "my post above may be sarcastic" but damned close to the truth sadly.

Exactly. I'm pretty sure the road wasn't all that curvy to begin with...if you haven't been to Laos, you don't know what a curvy road is! Driving on a curvy road is easy - slow down, take the curve properly, accelerate out of the curve (but not too fast of course!) and then do it all over again when you get to the next curve. It's not that hard.

Exactly. I'm pretty sure the road wasn't all that curvy to begin with...if you haven't been to Laos, you don't know what a curvy road is! Driving on a curvy road is easy - slow down, take the curve properly, accelerate out of the curve (but not too fast of course!) and then do it all over again when you get to the next curve. It's not that hard.

9 out of 10 locals would disagree with you....the correct way ,in Thailand ,on Thai roads ...is to accelerate into the corner then brake like buggery before using the whole of the road to corner , hoping not to meet anything bigger or more powerful doing the same from the opposite direction . !