Mini Egg Incubators

Crossy

I'm looking for an educational size (10-20 chicken eggs) incubator in or around BKK.

Our Guineas have decided to lay eggs so Wifey wants babies. Apparently Guineas are not good parents so an incubator seems the way to go (we don't have chickens so we can't use a broody hen).

I could make one (loads of instructions on the net), but being inherently lazy if I could buy one I would be happy smile.png

Thoughts please.

• 2 weeks later...

The OP has become somewhat moot. Wifey brought a pair of Thai chickens from her Mum, female is now sitting on eggs (and some guinea eggs that SWMBO placed in the nest).

Two of our female guineas are sharing a nest and sitting on a clutch together, Mrs goose is still sat on eggs, seems to be catching smile.png

Hoping for the tweet of tiny beaks soon smile.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, contrary to internet wisdom our guineas have hatched babies, of 12 eggs 4 have hatched and most of the others are showing signs of life.

Our 3 girls have been sharing egg duty and sitting on the clutch together, seems to have worked out for them, hopefully they will be as successful raising the keets.

The chickens have two babies which are doing well, sadly the geese failed to hatch any of the latest batch, maybe next time.

Chickens and guineas are on their first brood, so all in all success, next time more babies hopefully.

• Like 2

Hi Crossy..

Glad you are having some hatching success.

But in case you want to be more selective, especially with the goose eggs, my wife found a supplier of incubator kits.

I was in the process of making one, was just looking for a thermostat to use. Anyway, had to go away to work and all the birds started laying whilst I was away.

So, Mrs Cornish, in her impatient wisdom found these for 1700 baht.

post-85853-0-94527100-1369063790_thumb.j

post-85853-0-37218300-1369063808_thumb.j

The kit includes, heat lamp, fan, thermostat and digital temp/humidity guage.

Just use an old cool box and away you go. The ideal way would be too secure the perspex cover with the kit on, then use the side access panel (cut a hole and fit some glass) to turn the eggs, otherwise you lose all the heat out the top. Some stones or small glass bottles in the bottom acting as heat sinks are also recommended.

We now have Guinea, goose and turkey eggs on the go, all developing nicely.

If you would like the contact details of the guy PM me.. He sends them EMS.