Tot Broadband - Can You Suspend It?

Guderian

I have to return to the UK for a few months. I'm happy with the TOT broadband service where I live so I don't want to lose it. Is it possible to temporarily suspend the service while I'm away to save a few Baht? I used to have True internet in the condo where I lived before, and they allowed this, although they charged 200 Baht to reconnect it when I returned. Do TOT do the same thing?

Thanks for any help.

I don't think so. They had me drop down to a lowest priced package and pay in advance, no charge to re-up it when I returned

But this is Thailand and your mileage may vary

Thanks. I've got the water and electricity set up on direct debit so they should be OK while I'm away, but I didn't do TOT. I seem to recall reading that they only cut you off when you haven't paid 3 monthly bills. Do you know if that's correct?

Usually, TOT will cut you off on non-payment of 2 bills, but as soon as you pay the bill they will reconnect you in a day or so. That gives you the option of using either method - pay before or pay when you come back.

I did not get charged for reconnection but each shop / area seems to work differently.

Usually, TOT will cut you off on non-payment of 2 bills, but as soon as you pay the bill they will reconnect you in a day or so. That gives you the option of using either method - pay before or pay when you come back.

I did not get charged for reconnection but each shop / area seems to work differently.

Thanks for the info.

I don't think TOT can be set up as direct debit and you would have to check with them to determine their delinquency policy

Wrong. Bangkok Bank has paid my TOT (and electric) bills for more than ten years in Trat.

Since the OP is in Pattaya I would be interested in his reporting back whether or not he can get direct debit for TOT

Yes, I can pay my TOT bill via Bangkok Bank bill pay but that requires the two numbers (Ref1 and Ref2) that are on the monthly bill and they change every month. Unfortunately the bill must be mailed to you to get those two required numbers

I deliberately didn't try to set up a direct debit for TOT. My reasoning was that it's unlikely I will change the water or electricity supplier, but much more probable that I might want to change ISP. I set up a separate account to pay the utility bills, so if and when I move it will be easy to make sure that I don't get charged after I have left. To pay TOT by direct debit would probably have meant setting up yet another dedicated account for that purpose, so I just thought it would be easier to keep on paying it at the 7-11. After all, if the internet is disconnected while I am away it's not quite as troublesome as losing the electricity or water meters.