The Price Of Gold Is Crashing. Here's Why

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The US Dollar has depreciated about 30% since 2002. Buy $1000 dollars of gold and a stack of $1000 US dollar bills, and in ten years see which one has more value. I am American and I would not bet on the dollar.

may i presume that you are a prophet who knows what the result will be in ten years?

by the way, the US-Dollar, properly invested and achieving yield, shows a very satisfactory result since 2002. no sign of any depreciation. ignorants who kept the US-Dollar under the mattress lost.

Edited by Naam
  • Like 1

Using gold as the fulcrum; If all of Asia is buying gold then then why are Asian currencies not declining vs the USD ?

BOT can asborb all this without flinching... Wow! they must have a lot that needs to be done?

Makes me nervous about cost of living in Thailand going forward !!!

whistling.gif Gold is oversold, it's price is too high.

It's time for a readjustment to reality for Gold prices.

The "Gold Freaks" who have been preaching the "Buy Gold now" religion never did answer my sarcastic question which always was this:

"If everything falls apart, and there is no one with any money to buy your Gold, can you eat it"?

"How many calories are there in a bar of Gold"?

But don't worry, it's a readjustment of overpricd Gold, not the end of the world.

whistling.gif

Gold is undervalued

The adjustment to reality price for gold is priced in 6 figured sum

If everything falls apart who no one will be selling if for paper money they will be trading it for real goods

Not sure what currency you use does it have nutritional value? How many calories your paper currency have

Gold price going down is bankster theft, gold price going up is the correction.

""Gold is Money Period"" JP Morgan To US Congress 1913

The "Gold Freaks" who have been preaching the "Buy Gold now" religion never did answer my sarcastic question which always was this:

"If everything falls apart, and there is no one with any money to buy your Gold, can you eat it"?

But don't worry, it's a readjustment of overpricd Gold, not the end of the world.

whistling.gif

Gold is undervalued

If everything falls apart who no one will be selling if for paper money they will be trading it for real goods

Not sure what currency you use does it have nutritional value? How many calories your paper currency have

Ironically, Gold was on a multi-year tear on the back of derivative instruments and that seems to be what has taken it down somewhat as well.

whistling.gif

Gold is undervalued

people might ask "why should i trade my food for your gold which has no nutritional value. how many calories does your gold have?"

whistling.gif

Gold is undervalued

'If everything falls apart'. Another message from Planet Eventually.

The US Dollar has depreciated about 30% since 2002. Buy $1000 dollars of gold and a stack of $1000 US dollar bills, and in ten years see which one has more value. I am American and I would not bet on the dollar.

may i presume that you are a prophet who knows what the result will be in ten years?

by the way, the US-Dollar, properly invested and achieving yield, shows a very satisfactory result since 2002. no sign of any depreciation. ignorants who kept the US-Dollar under the mattress lost.

Rsokolowski also fails to point out presumably due to selective dates myopia that $US invested in simple relatively risk-free investments in 1980 will have trumped gold purchased in 1980 and redeemed in 2005 for the same amount of dollars. Did I say trumped? I should have said a slam-dunk with go-go dancers on the top. Edited by yoshiwara

Rsokolowski also fails to point out presumably due to selective dates myopia that $US invested in simple relatively risk-free investments in 1980 will have trumped gold purchased in 1980 and redeemed in 2005 for the same amount of dollars. Did I say trumped? I should have said a slam-dunk with go-go dancers on the top.

because the Right Honourable Paul Volcker, Esq. provided real fat interest rates which topped a couple of years later at yummy 14 and 15% thumbsup.gif

"Gold is Money Period" JP Morgan To US Congress 1913

do you believe in everything that was said a century ago?

I go further than that in my belief, how about at least 5000 years gold is money period,paper money always goes to zero anyone show me where gold has been zero?

April 11 2013 the day before the paper gold price smashdown Obama has a meeting with US bankers on economy,unemployment etc.Next day April 12 2013 paper gold smashdown. I dont believe in coincidences:)

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2013/04/11/full-list-of-bankers-at-white-house-meeting-thursday/

But you were prepared and hid your gold coins under the mattress and turned off the lights just in case 'they' were watching.

MobileContent, on 17 Apr 2013 - 14:23, said:

HerbalEd, on 17 Apr 2013 - 14:13, said:

Naam, on 17 Apr 2013 - 09:46, said:

gold price hits lowest level in 30 years

= rubbish!

Can you give us specific details why that is rubbish? Has the price indeed been lower in past 30 years?

I remember buying a few Baht Gold at around 7,000 - 10,000 Baht per Baht in the middle of the 90's

2001 it was 6000 baht

April 11 2013 the day before the paper gold price smashdown Obama has a meeting with US bankers on economy,unemployment etc.Next day April 12 2013 paper gold smashdown. I dont believe in coincidences:)

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2013/04/11/full-list-of-bankers-at-white-house-meeting-thursday/

But you were prepared and hid your gold coins under the mattress and turned off the lights just in case 'they' were watching.

I have a long time ago resigned myself to the fact that price distortions in the market are now the new norm because of central bank planning & perception management. There is no free markets,only market interventions sanctioned by .gov & central banks to perpetuate the global ponzi scheme.

This doesnt frighten me it is old news.

The lights go out I have candleswink.png

• Like 1

So why's Copper tanking?

attachicon.gifb0ac5141db4de6cdf34b907832101b04_tool.png

Copper is a reflection of global growth isnt it? The 1st world countries are being crushed by debt,there can be know growth in this type of situation. The baltic dry index is another good indicator of world growth=goods being shipped around the world. This has collapsed, a huge glut of ships docked and half the cost per day for shipping goods around the world.

So why's Copper tanking?

Copper is a reflection of global growth isnt it? The 1st world countries are being crushed by debt,there can be know growth in this type of situation. The baltic dry index is another good indicator of world growth=goods being shipped around the world. This has collapsed, a huge glut of ships docked and half the cost per day for shipping goods around the world.

So you think you'll get inflation with no growth? What's the Gold angle, assuming its gains you're looking for?

I wouldn't put too much stock in the BDI these days. It's been way out of whack as a useful indicator with so much new tonnage ordered and coming out of the shipyards since ZIRP went into effect.

You might also be interested in the fact the the US Federal Reserve recently manipulated gold with by taking massive paper short positions: http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article34606.htm

it goes without saying that the US Federal Reserve is one of the biggest conspirative players on the global field. unfortunately the FED is never involved in any positive conspiracy, such as teaching Papua New Guinea headhunters the basics of Quantum Physics, subsidising go-go bar owners in Thailand in order to keep bar fines low or providing free Som Tam and Chang to expats suffering because of unfavourable exchange rates.

all what the FED did and still does has a negative impact, e.g. breeding the swine flu virus, causing earth quakes in South America and/or tsunamis as well as typhoons in Asia.

• Like 1

Since moving to Thailand I no longer play the stock market however when I was living in the UK I would purchase shares daily I always sold once they made 10% or lost 10% sometimes in life we can get a little greedy, better to make a small profit then re-invest. The art market is what I call a safe bet rather than keeping your money under the bed. I believe that gold prices will fall slightly more then even out but as one person suggested this could change if North Korea were to cause further promblems and carry out there threats, but I think that is unlikley

So why's Copper tanking?

So you think you'll get inflation with no growth? What's the Gold angle, assuming its gains you're looking for?

I wouldn't put too much stock in the BDI these days. It's been way out of whack as a useful indicator with so much new tonnage ordered and coming out of the shipyards since ZIRP went into effect.

The way I see it,the financial system (london city/wall street/euro zone) have replaced the real economy in these countries(high unemployment=economy bad)

Inflation to me is simple in 1970 I could buy a 350 SS nova for 3200$ for an equivalent car today I would need what 60,000$. The car really doesnt cost more it is because of the inflation by debasing the value of the currency which massive printing causes in fiat money. Inflation is nothing but pure theft as far as I am concerned of our productive energy.

1934 to 1974 the bank of canada issued non interest bearing currency, the growth of the country was phenomenal with no inflation. 1975 the bank was handed over to the private banking cartel and we have been living in a inflated debt hell ever since.

Gold in your possession is a hedge against this worldwide criminal banking system, the money masters hate gold in our hands, using gold extinguishes debt. (this system is all about keeping us in debt)Physical gold has no counter liability against it,when all things paper do.

Cheers

• Like 2

You may not presume! Properly invested in what? If it was in the market you would have had gains from 2002 to 2007, today the US market just scratched its way back to where it was in 2007. If you invested more safely you might be just keeping your head above the depreciation water level. In January of 2002 gold was selling for $278 USD an ounce, today's close was $1392 USD an ounce. That is a 400% increase in value (370% if you deduct the dollars depreciation). The DOW went from 10000 in Jan 2002 to 14618 at the close today, that is about 46% which minus the depreciation of the USD (~30%) leaves you a tidy profit of 16%. Which investment has been better? The answer is very clear.

So why's Copper tanking?

Because the building boom in China is tanking (slowing down is probably more correct).