Ways To Cut Down The Cost Of Living In Thailand

GuestHouse

Assimilate, you mean like Thais do in the west or?

I find assimilate to be a crude and a useless term as there is no assimilation in any country really. If you mean integrate then it is possible but then Thailand has to contribute by creating fair immigration laws. Though some of the western immigration laws are a bit harsh, once the immigrant has managed to pass, he/she can integrate into the society. With the current laws in Thailand it's hardly likely but one of the reasons is that it still is an undeveloped country.

What has assimilation got to do with immigrations laws? Eating Thai food most of the time you are in Thailand is part of the assimilation process. If you can't stay more than 3 months without a visa run, then its your own circumstances causing this inconvenience. Every country has is own immigration laws that cause inconvenience to some foreigners. To say Thailand has no fair immigrations laws because it is an undeveloped country is just plain ignorance - try getting a long stay visa in Japan.

Are you confused about your own post or?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assimilate, you mean like Thais do in the west or?

I find assimilate to be a crude and a useless term as there is no assimilation in any country really. If you mean integrate then it is possible but then Thailand has to contribute by creating fair immigration laws. Though some of the western immigration laws are a bit harsh, once the immigrant has managed to pass, he/she can integrate into the society. With the current laws in Thailand it's hardly likely but one of the reasons is that it still is an undeveloped country.

What has assimilation got to do with immigrations laws? Eating Thai food most of the time you are in Thailand is part of the assimilation process. If you can't stay more than 3 months without a visa run, then its your own circumstances causing this inconvenience. Every country has is own immigration laws that cause inconvenience to some foreigners. To say Thailand has no fair immigrations laws because it is an undeveloped country is just plain ignorance - try getting a long stay visa in Japan.

The word should have been xenophobic.

If staying in a hotel check out local places offering free-wifi in line of sight from your hotel window such as cafes,bars and massage shops. Get the free wifi code and use back in your hotel room .this worked for me when we stayed in the Fortune Hotel Rachada where they wanted an eye watering 400baht a day for internet. I got 2 bars on the wifi meter when we were about 150m in line of sight from the shop which gave good enough connection for the four days we were there.

Watch Thai Tv (no True subs)

Eat Thai food (forget The Dukes)

Don't drink in foreigner bars.

Avoid women (if you are a man)

Drive a scooter.

Rent in a Thai area at Thai prices.

Don't use air-con

There is no need to ride a scooter. Walking is healthy for you.

Women are the biggest expense, so they have to go, but then, what else is the point of living here?

The problem of forever shaving your costs is that we get to reductio ad absurdum. You couid posit give up all worldy goods become a Buddhist monk and accept alms as a mendicant. By meditating, doing good and eschewing the illusory pleasures of the flesh and desire you may achieve greater happiness, health and a world outlook. Thailand is a great place to do this with virtually a temple on every corner.

After I read all 11 pages I miss 2 important information!

No one talk what area are living

Not everywhere the price are same the fruit in south. More expensive then in the north!

We need a overview of the. Price of the daily things, and then we will find out when 2 persons living in different places

Will not pay the same price!

On many Internet sites or tourist blogs I read thai food is so cheap!

But maybe only for people it little bit !

I have daily heat hunger. Attacks and also the doctors cannot help me!

In my homecountry I must order one menu it have a real big size!

Coasts me 10 € on miday 12 noon

Have a soup menu and. A desert !

In Thailand I must order 3 menu and one. Soup to get full because the size is to small for farangs!

Then I pay same then at home!

Getting food free from tempel sounds good, but since I read that thai health ministry warns that all monks are to fat, because food people give them are not healthy, maybe better not eat over long time!

I read many reports about save money in Thailand, go to the bank the water is free there !

In the meantime I think it's impossible to save, my income is always finish at end of the month!

One time I read in a travel book!

In Thailand you give money not flowers!

And not forget couch surfing its free. And also avalible in Thailand!

I see many poor country's in the world Africa Mexico Guatemala !

I think Thailand is a rich country!

Everywhere everything Is full of fruits!

Buy alcohol at 7-11, or family mart if after 12, is the big one for me. Why buy inside the bar unless you must?

Why drink?

If you've got gogo dancers at home, it just seems like a waste of time.

• Like 1

Buy alcohol at 7-11, or family mart if after 12, is the big one for me. Why buy inside the bar unless you must?

Why drink?

If you've got gogo dancers at home, it just seems like a waste of time.

If the gogo dancers don't get alcohol they are pretty boring.