Wallet Stolen; Lost Schwab Atm/debit - Efficient/secure Way To Have Replacement Sent From Us?

ChiangMike

Apologize in advance if "General" is not the best area to post this question. Wallet stolen a couple days ago, Schwab sending a replacement card to my address in California which family and friends monitor for me. Have financial back up here (Thai bank account) and not in any sort of jeopardy, but will need that replacement card as it is the primary account I live off of.

Any input on the best way to get it here? Or the safest? I've had folks advise that i send it with a book or small package as something that is obviously a bank card is an open invitation to theft. Any thoughts on DHL vs. US Postal International Priority (or Express)? Or???

In advance, thank you.

Edited by ChiangMike

Had a CC sent to me via "US Postal International Express Priority". Orignal bank envelope in a small bubble wrapped envelope with cardboard liner inside and marked "documents only". Requested signature. Took about two weeks no problems.

Many thanks for the input. May go DHL after all - received that input also from a few colleagues.

Sidenote: went through a quick internal debate prior to coming (to Thailand) on the merits of opening a Thai bank account as I would only be here 1-2 years. Definitely glad I did (Bangkok Bank), has made many things simpler (paying rent, bill pay, etc.). And is certainly coming in handy right now.

Will report back whether there were issues with DHL re: time and logistics.

To reiterate: thank you.

mike