10 More Yellow Shirts Indicted In 2008 Airport Seizure

webfact

10 more Yellow Shirts indicted in 2008 airport seizure
By Digital Media

13662815379730.jpg

BANGKOK, April 18 - Ten more persons including key members of the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) ‘Yellow Shirts’ were indicted Thursday in connection with the seizure of Don Mueang and Suvarnabhumi airports in 2008.

Among those indicted included former foreign minister Kasit Piromya, former armed forces chief advisor retired Gen Pathompong Kesornsuk, former Thai ambassador to the US Surapong Jayanama and Dr Tul Sitthisomwong, a leader of the multi-coloured shirt group.

They have been charged with terrorism, violation of the emergency decree and illegal assembly by more than 10 people intending to cause turmoil in the country while blockading the main airports between November 24 and December 3, 2008.

The latest group of 10 people indicted brings the total, including those charged earlier, to 83. Top PAD leaders Sondhi Limthongkul, retired Maj-Gen Chamlong Srimuang, Piphop Thongchai, Somsak Kosaisuk, Suriyasai Katasila, and Somkiat Pongpaiboon have already been indicted.

The Criminal Court has scheduled the first hearing on April 29.

All 10 were temporarily released on bail after Phuangthip Boonsanong, a lawyer representing the PAD, submitted a 60,000 baht bail applications for three of them. The other six used their positions as collateral and another used a title deed. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-04-18

Not content with using the red shirts as human shields and human sacrifices for his personal agenda, Thaksin is now using the yellowshirt leadership as hostages for his amnesty scam.

Oh come on.. They took over an airport. They must have at least double parked, or committed some type of crime.

please consider the timing, its been 5 years now............

"On the evening of Tuesday 25 November 2008, the PAD executed what they called "Operation Hiroshima"

Since then we are on our third Thaksin government, the PTP have been in for 2 years and only now, during the fight for a blanket amnesty have they been charged. I am not saying they didn't deserve to be charged but I am saying the charges reek of a Thaksin political move rather than a judical one.

• Like 1

Not content with using the red shirts as human shields and human sacrifices for his personal agenda, Thaksin is now using the yellowshirt leadership as hostages for his amnesty scam.

Oh come on.. They took over an airport. They must have at least double parked, or committed some type of crime.
please consider the timing, its been 5 years now............

"On the evening of Tuesday 25 November 2008, the PAD executed what they called "Operation Hiroshima"

Since then we are on our third Thaksin government, the PTP have been in for 2 years and only now, during the fight for a blanket amnesty have they been charged. I am not saying they didn't deserve to be charged but I am saying the charges reek of a Thaksin political move rather than a judical one.

5 years to bring these charges is 4 and half years to long anyway. They deserve their just punishment. 3 months in and 2 years suspended jail is probably correct. But be punished they must.

As Waza states. ''Remarkable timing isn't it ?''

Of course it does help to divert attention from other matters.

Will these assorted terrorists characters i.e.diplomats, semi redundant financial unstable publisher,politicians of ministerial status, military personnel etc, indeed a veritable ragbag of terrorist material be included in one of the multiple amnesties bills that are currently all the fashion rage in the Thai Parliament courtesy of that well known bill designer The House of Thaksin?

• Like 1

er......."human sacrifices"........ ???

Ah.....You mean the people shot by the army, on the orders, presumably, of the then PM.

Right ???

So it's not human sacrifices, it's something else.

Excessive military force perhaps ??

Edited by philw
  • Like 1

er......."human sacrifices"........ ???

Ah.....You mean the people shot by the army, on the orders, presumably, of the then PM.

Right ???

So it's not human sacrifices, it's something else.

Excessive military force perhaps ??

You'll have some evidence of this I assume or is this just your usual biased posting.

As for excessive military force, you seem to be a bit behind on this. Everything is now Abhisit's fault. The same Abhisit

who was a puppet of the military until for some reason they decided to obey his order to kill so now they're not responsible at all.

I agree the timing seems a bit convenient but then again if they hadn't broken the law this wouldn't be happening. So long as justice is handed out equally and after a proper trial I see no problem.

• Like 1

What about the thousands of visitors held hostage during the closing of the airports? What about the extra expense to those thousands of visitors has to shell out for?

Edited by metisdead
Font
  • Like 1

What about the thousands of visitors held hostage during the closing of the airports? What about the extra expense to those thousands of visitors has to shell out for?

I was on my way home with a tour group from my first visit to Thailand when we were "held hostage" in the airport. Eventually, we were transferred to a hotel for 3 days before we were flown out of Thailand.

The upside was that our original arrival in Bangkok coincided with the funeral of the King's Sister, so we were not able to visit the Kings Palace. I took advantage of the delay to make the visit.

We were accommodated initially at the TAT expense, then Emirates accepted their responsibility as carrier. They paid for the accommodation and gave us 3,000 Baht expenses each.

over 80 YELLOW SHIRTS finally caught, nothing to do with Thaksin, how about sticking to the facts reported and not promoting YOUR agenda.

• Like 1

over 80 YELLOW SHIRTS finally caught, nothing to do with Thaksin, how about sticking to the facts reported and not promoting YOUR agenda.

HOW about STICKING to the topic, play the ball not the man, it looks less like flaming and you look less like a fool. Moreover, try to learn the difference between opinion and agenda, its my opinion that the yellowshirts have been arrested at this time (OPs topic) to provide leverage to push his amnesty agenda. See how it works?

PS: welcome back