Laguna Pool Beware

kcore

Dont go near this pool . Filthy, dirty and my party break out in a rash. Pathetic staff. Stay away until it is clean. I swim here always and this is just BAD! We pay big money too keep pool clean! Obviously someone has decided to cut corners!

Kevin

I would never go there again. The gym there is where the cheap weight machine broke while I was working out, causing me a year and half of acute and chronic neck pain, 6 months of PT at Rajavej, endless medical bills, etc. They do not maintain the gym either!

just wondering... when a person finds the pool to be objectionable (as in dirty)... do they lodge a complaint with the management? In person there at the pool, or where would you go? Laguna have a "head office" on site?

just wondering... when a person finds the pool to be objectionable (as in dirty)... do they lodge a complaint with the management? In person there at the pool, or where would you go? Laguna have a "head office" on site?

I wouldn't waste my time as they won't listen. I complained bitterly when I injured myself and they all stood there stone-faced and didn't say a word. The owner is there on occasion. A German guy I used to swim with over there told me the Mercedes Benz the owner drives is a special order 10 million Baht car. It's all about making money. They don't care.

I wouldn't waste my time as they won't listen. I complained bitterly when I injured myself and they all stood there stone-faced and didn't say a word. The owner is there on occasion. A German guy I used to swim with over there told me the Mercedes Benz the owner drives is a special order 10 million Baht car. It's all about making money. They don't care.

Perhaps they do care but they are not the owner and are help;ess to do any thing for you.

The important thing here is what did the owner tell you when you talked to him.

Edited by hellodolly

i like laguna cuz it has different depth pools...for different age kids... the slides are a bonus. Also like the salt water aspect.

does anyone know of salt water pools in the Ruamchok area that are nicely kept up and accessible to the paying public?

i like laguna cuz it has different depth pools...for different age kids... the slides are a bonus. Also like the salt water aspect.

does anyone know of salt water pools in the Ruamchok area that are nicely kept up and accessible to the paying public?

I think it's the only salt water pool in the immediate area. I have to admit that I was one of the first people to discover that pool. biggrin.png For almost a year I had the pool all to myself from 11:00 when they opened to until about 16:00 or 17:00 every day. One in a while a very nice German guy would come and swim too. That was years ago when Laguna was only Laguna I. Now I think it's up to phase 10 or something and the pool is too busy to swim laps in.

I would never go there again. The gym there is where the cheap weight machine broke while I was working out, causing me a year and half of acute and chronic neck pain, 6 months of PT at Rajavej, endless medical bills, etc. They do not maintain the gym either!

Nasty! All these moobaan gyms are typically crud with cheapo tack. Almost booted myself in the chin in L&H gym while lifting a tuk-tuk's worth on the leg extensor and the rope to the weights untied itself. They also won't do the aircon unless there's several people in there... 'cost too mutt', never mind that they've sold hundreds of millions of dollars worth of real estate! Wonder what it's like to have the mind of a Thai for a day. rolleyes.gif

Nasty! All these moobaan gyms are typically crud with cheapo tack. Almost booted myself in the chin in L&H gym while lifting a tuk-tuk's worth on the leg extensor and the rope to the weights untied itself. They also won't do the aircon unless there's several people in there... 'cost too mutt', never mind that they've sold hundreds of millions of dollars worth of real estate! Wonder what it's like to have the mind of a Thai for a day. rolleyes.gif

The A/C policy was the same at Laguna years ago. They would only turn it on if there were 3 or more people in there and the place began to stink like hell. They too, have sold hundreds of millions of dollars of real estate. I thought I read somewhere that Laguna just redid the gym and moved it to another location in the clubhouse. Don't know if this is true or not. I can't recall where I read it. But people should be cautious of cheapo gym equipment as one can hurt themselves quite bad if they malfunction. Places like the gym in the Icon Plaza building have good German-made equipment. Typically moobaan gyms have the cheapest equipment money can buy.