Uk Ilr Problem

Hi

I my wifes application has now been with the UKBA for 6 months now, was sent in OCT 2012. I called the UKBA today to ask about the application and why they have still not taken the visa fee from us, We had to send a updated payment page due to a problem with the orginal one sent in the application. they have recvived the update and the person i spoke to on the phone comfirmed this to me but also told me nothing had been added to our file which he was looking at on his computer.

I was also told that the UKBA sent a letter out to us in NOV 2012 but no letter was recvived by us, he gave me the Royal Mail tracking number and we both checked on the Royal Mail website and bth got the same message saying letter not delivered so i phoned the Royal Mail and they also couldnt find out what had happened to this letter and since its been more then 15 weeks the letter is now classed as a missing item.

I phoned the UKBA back and told them what Royal Mail had told me about the missing letter and i was told to write to the UKBA in Liverpool and explain what has happened and to ask them why our application is still outstanding and why no fee has been taken and to find out what was in the letter they sent us back in November. Ihave done this and will be posting the letter tomorrow morning.

The people on the phone told me they had no way of checking about the application but i was told its still listed as being checked. Is there anything else i can do to try and push the applciation through quicker ? so i keep phoning them up and asking or is it still a waiting game ?

Thanks for any advice.

At a guess I would say the letter is to request your wife goes and gets the biometrics done. This normally is sent out 1 month after receiving the application. This has to be returned within about 10 days and without it your application cannot move forward.

Can they not just send out another letter?

who will be responsible for the delay in the application, Will it be the UKBA or the applicant, because if Craig had not raised the issue of the delay and did nothing about the application, how long would it take the UKBA to get back to Craig, Would it be months or years, If years and Craig s wife is still in the UK on the spouse visa, I would think that the UKBA would be pointing the Finger at Craig.

I would have thought that the UKBA would have something in place that all items tracked to be checked for delivery and there systems updated or if not delivered, the system would flag up a issue.

Edited by malct