Ghanaian Man Arrested With Cocaine Impregnated Pants

webfact

Coke Clothing Importers Arrested

cocaine.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Bangkok Police have arrested a man from Ghana, along with his Thai girlfriend and some very interesting clothing this week.

Arrested at a post office in Nakhon Panom, the duo had just taken delivery of a parcel mailed to them from Argentina containing clothing.

Nothing odd in that perhaps, but the authorities had already been alerted to the clothing package and tests showed that they had been soaked in water combined with several kilograms of cocaine and then dried out to leave the drug invisible to the eye.

Full story: http://www.pattaya103.com/coke-clothing-importers-arrested/

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2013-04-20

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's bye bye in Ghanian?

It must really suck being locked up in a Thai jail in the hot season. Going from a nice aircon condo/house to a stiffling tiny cell with 70 Thais in it and no fan, locked in there for 24 hours a day, forever.... Wonder what the temp gets to in cramped prison cells here.

Here on the Mekong riverside it's around 40c so it should be a bit higher, maybe 55c or so, but without a fan maybe more, 60c ? Edited by rubberduck

I guess if you have an enemy, and you want that enemy to spend a long time in jail, you just post them some drugs and make it obvious so that customs will be waiting when it's delivered.

In any country you would be arrested and charged with handling drugs, in most countries it would be a solid defense that you didn't know about the drugs.. in Thailand I guess he needs more than a solid defense.

• Like 1

I guess if you have an enemy, and you want that enemy to spend a long time in jail, you just post them some drugs and make it obvious so that customs will be waiting when it's delivered.

In any country you would be arrested and charged with handling drugs, in most countries it would be a solid defense that you d

idn't know about the drugs.. in Thailand I guess he needs more than a solid defense

A million bahts placed in the right hands would be pretty solid.

do you know the postal address of your enemies?

Some of them ... yes!

Saw a similar story last night on channel 3 news about a guy from Ghana who is a player on the National Thai soccer team and his Thai girl friend, busted at the airport with several packets of cocaine wrapped up in their personal clothing. They were leaving for Ghana. Strange Synchronicity.

Scratch a Ghanian narco type and you'll usually find a Nigerian underneath. Ghana (and Mozambique and a few other sub-Saharan nations) will essentially just sell a passport to anyone who can provide a little documentation of any provenance and the appropriate backhander. The Nigerians know this and use this trick quite often, especially if they've been expelled from Thailand on their Nigerian passport.

• Like 1

In any country you would be arrested and charged with handling drugs, in most countries it would be a solid defense that you didn't know about the drugs.. in Thailand I guess he needs more than a solid defense.

If you or I were to receive a package of drugs, we might be able to make a case that we didn't know about the contents of the package. But an African living in Thailand? I'll bet there's a fairly good chance that he's guilty.

Anyway, from a practical perspective, who buys pants in Argentina to ship them to Thailand? It really doesn't make economic sense.

All I say about this is very well done to the Thai. authorities in catching him now let him rot in hell that is a Thai prison. But I always questioned how his brothers used to operate openly in BKK selling drugs on the street but hopefully that has changed.

Never ceases to amaze me why people do this sort of thing. The penalty is not worth the possible income - ever.

But still, they keep doing it. It's almost as if we're caught in some ground hog type day.

If you or I were to receive a package of drugs, we might be able to make a case that we didn't know about the contents of the package. But an African living in Thailand? I'll bet there's a fairly good chance that he's guilty.

Anyway, from a practical perspective, who buys pants in Argentina to ship them to Thailand? It really doesn't make economic sense.

I'm not so sure how good a case we could make of it. I have seriously thought about this, several years ago when ebay exploded and suddenly it seemed that the whole world was making deliveries to my post office box in Melbourne and although I didn't import anything illegal, what if somebody's little sister thought it would be a really funny joke to put a bit of weed into the box carrying my electronics?

Far too many of these drug peddling b&%@k xxxxx in Thailand. They should be shipped back to Africa along with their fat hooker sistas from Walking Street. How do they get in? As tourists???

4 people liked this comment. Plenty of racists on here...

Why shouldn't Africans be considered as tourists?

define tourist...some one who ''tours''.....well i dont see many with back packs on kao san rd reading thier lonley planet..lol

My point had nothing to do with the definition of "tourist".

(Most tourists do not carry backpacks and read Lonely Planet. Also, a tourist does not need to tour... they can just hang out at the hotel and beach.)

Edited by tropo

That is a very odd arrest. Who from Argentina is going to set them up? And unless this guy or girl was running their mouth in Thailand, who is going to know they are getting this package from Argetina and how it will be sent? Africans are smarter than this. I'm going to place blame on the Thai for running her coke sucker.