The Black Cat Bar. What Happened To It?

Rimkok

I'm sure I remember going to the Black Cat in 1996 but maybe I'm wrong, if I remember correctly you could watch the shower show in Johns place while sitting enjoying a cheaper beer in the Black Cat or whatever it was called back in 96

If you are sure of 1996, then it probably would have been Brian H, and was then named " Cheers "

g

• Like 1

Cheers had really good pumpkin soup. I had never tried it before, so was impressed.

That Pad Thai shop on Thapae Road was really famous (and it still is, but it had to move close by on the back sois). The only thiing about it was they always used sugar because the Thais love it and you had to wait quite a while to get a batch without it.

Does anyone remember Peter out of Daniels bar i think.

I found him a really nice guy,i was surprised when he told me he was gay

because he was a handsome masculine looking guy who worked as a medic

in the UK before coming to Thailand,i heard he drank himself to death

I was friends with both Peter and his partner, who I knew as Deng from his days working at the Karen Hut Bar and at The Cottage. They were one of the first to open a bar on Loi Khroh. Peter was a great guy but an absolute alcoholic, not a mean or rowdy drunk, just someone addicted to alcohol. And Daniel did nothing to stop Peter from drinking to his death. Both Peter and Deng were always kind and generous to my family when we would stop by to say hello and have a drink when in town (it really wasn't a hostess bar so it was comfortable to bring the wife along) but I always was a bit suspicious of Deng's failing to attempt to curb Peter's drinking.