Where Can I Buy A Reasonably Priced Dishwasher?

sushi5734

Has anyone got any suggestions as to where I might be able to buy a bog standard dishwasher? they sell smeg dishwashers for about 37k in my local homepro all very nice shiny and hi-so but £800 for a dishwasher is just ridiculous, the last one I bought in the UK was under £200 and worked for years.

Also are the dishwasher tablets/powder available here?

I mean how many dishes does the OP dirty up each day? The prices for such appliances in LOS simply reflects how unnecessary they are. When in the home in Houston, the dishwasher gets used once a week; it gets filled up day-by-day and gets a whirl on a Sunday. Over here, I reckon washing cups and plates 'as used' and stacking them on a draining rack is much more efficient, gives a bit of exercise and doesn't consume any electric either.

Never really understood the purpose of a dish washer. You have to run the plates under water to get the dirt off and then put in the dishwasher. When you are at the sink, just wash them when you are there. Alternatively, be sure to buy one of a reputable dealer so when it breaks down, they will cover the warranty. Thaimart are my favorite where I live. Happy shopping. wai.gif

Dishwasher is my best buy here in Thailand.

It's only a half size, counter top model but I fitted it hidden under the counter.

Saved a lot of time, cause we tend to cook at home alot

And my style is to use every pot, pan, plate, knife, fork when doing so!

Interesting site. Always cheaper then HomePro/ Power Buy or good idea to shop around?

I assume they do home delivery or is there a pick up point?

They do home delivery, this one might look even better with free delivery all over Thailand so could be good for people out of the Bangkok area: http://www.invadeit.co.th/product/dishwashers/teka/free-standing-dishwasher-white-lp7-811-p011479/

Never really understood the purpose of a dish washer. You have to run the plates under water to get the dirt off and then put in the dishwasher. When you are at the sink, just wash them when you are there.

You could do that but would the results be as hygienic? Dishwashers do a much better job of killing germs than a quick wipe around with an old manky sponge in tepid water. Edited by rixalex
  • Like 1

Dishwasher is my best buy here in Thailand.

It's only a half size, counter top model but I fitted it hidden under the counter.

Saved a lot of time, cause we tend to cook at home alot

And my style is to use every pot, pan, plate, knife, fork when doing so!

A messy cooker! I used to be that way until a former girlfriend educated me. She was an awesome cook and could cook and bake a full 3-course meal for 8 and still be showered and dressed in time to eat along with the guests with all the pots, pans and utensils already washed and put away. As each pan, plate, cutting board, knife or whatever was finished with, it was hand washed in the sink and stuck on the draining board and put away when dry, all on the fly. The dishwasher was only for the after-dinner washing up. Amazingly efficient.

Yes we have good water pressure so no problems there. Both my wife and I work and we like to cook at home on a regular basis rather than eating at restaurants, so we produce about the same amount of dishes we would in the UK, neither of us like doing dishes after a long day at work. We had a cleaner for a while but I didn't really like having a stranger in our home every few days.

That website is great, the dishwasher is still a fair bit more than it would be back home, but I could live with 18k.

Thanks for the info.

Interesting site. Always cheaper then HomePro/ Power Buy or good idea to shop around?

I assume they do home delivery or is there a pick up point?

You can pick up, or home deliver. I bought many things from them and I can only recommend them.

I bought an Asus TF700t from them and it didn't work. I paid per Paypal.

As Asus couldn't confirm when they get new stock for replacement, they immediately gave me the money back. The full amount on my bank account. So they lost shipping costs and Paypal fees.

I think there aren't many companies around in Thailand which would really loose money, just because they were unlucky.

Tripple A for Thomas from Invadeit.....

I mean how many dishes does the OP dirty up each day? The prices for such appliances in LOS simply reflects how unnecessary they are. When in the home in Houston, the dishwasher gets used once a week; it gets filled up day-by-day and gets a whirl on a Sunday. Over here, I reckon washing cups and plates 'as used' and stacking them on a draining rack is much more efficient, gives a bit of exercise and doesn't consume any electric either.

we have since 6½ years a four-legged dishwasher that has never seen a dirty plate or a drop of water. our dirty dishes are done by a couple of two-legged dishwashers. the Mrs would gladly exchange it for a matching cabinet to gain more storage space.

• Like 1