Stamped For An Extra 60 Days?

Hi - I'm a US citizen and recently did a tourist visa run to Laos on March 4 2013 for 2 entries (90 days). I had to go back to the states for business for few days before the 60 days was up - 13 days before my 60 days was up. When I returned to the kingdom (April 20) I was given a stamp for another 60 days. Seems like a good deal, but I'm worried that I might get an overstay because of the mix up. The immigration officer had a sign which read, "TRAINEE" on the booth window? Though he did ask for assistance from fellow officers.

Any info would be most appreciated.

Thanks

The arrival stamp you got is correct. This is how a double-entry tourist visa works. On each of the two entries, made before the expiration date of the visa, you receive permission to stay for 60 days.

www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/content/visaxpiredate.html

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

The arrival stamp you got is correct. This is how a double-entry tourist visa works. On each of the two entries, made before the expiration date of the visa, you receive permission to stay for 60 days.

www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/content/visaxpiredate.html

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

--------------------

Maestro is correct.

You got a double entry tourist visa.

Each entry gets you a 60 day entry with a possible extension of 30 days with a fee of 1900 Bajt at your ;ocal immigration office.

Each entry of those two entries is one entry and one exit pair,

So when you left Thailand during your fist 60 day stay, that ended your first entry exit pair,

Entering Thailand again was your 2nd entry and you got a 60 day stamp on entry.

It's important to realise that on a double entry tourist visa, each entry has a paired exit with it.

So when you entered Thailand you got a 60 day stamp, but since you left during that 60 day period, that exit was your first entry and exit pair,

Now you are in Thailand using your 2nd entry exit pair.

You can extend that for an additional 30 days at your local immigration for the 1900 Baht fee if you wish.

• Like 1

Hi. Hoping to get clarity on the 'Validity Duration' of the current Double Entry Tourist Visa sourced in Vientiane Laos. I am coming up to the end of my Triple Entry Tourist Visa sourced in Canada (Canadian Passport). That visa had a total duration validity of 6 Months. I am wondering now if the Double Entry Tourist Visa that everyone seems to be getting at Thai Consul in Vientiane has the 6 Month validity?? I am reading some conflicting info; some saying these Tourist Visas are only a 90 day total vaildity regardless of single or double entry?? Even in this thread it seems confusing and conflicting to me. Can someone please tell me how long this visa is truely valid for.

Thank you very much in advance!