Poipet One Day 200 Baths?

hi all

I just came back from poipet just to get a stamp the officer told me because i stay only one day and not overnight ,i have to pay 200 baths more(i mean plus the 1000 baths for the cambodian visa) and the guy just front of me paid also i m just wondering if it true that we have to pay this ?

thanks

300 baht at Hai Lek in That/Cambo border

Confirmed, although they did let me go eventually after I refused to pay.

Poipet 100 but no problem problem for me as I refused to pay and then the group of farang behind me didn't either. That happened in October 2002.

Meanwhile more difficulties if you want to pay your visa with US $. After a phone call at the Cambodian embassy in Bangkok, they said to me that the visa fee was 20$ but could eventually use bahts.

In fact, at Poipet crosspoint they refuse you dollars and stamp you passeport "paid 20$".

First I contested, then an officer took my passport, said to me "you don't have any problem with your visa...." ! The way he said it meant I could have some..... :o

I had to pay 500 baht at hat lek (to the cambodian immigration officers).

I refused to pay, so they refused to give me an exit stamp.

I asked for their names. They wouldn't give it.

I told them I would go to their embassy in Bangkok to complain. That didn't help.

I asked them if they could give me a receipt for that 500B, they couldn't.

There were 3 or 4 officers. They were all aware of the fact that they were stealing my money. They just laughed at me. Not even one of them had a bit feeling of honesty. 500B is a lot of money in Cambodia. These people must be getting very rich. For sure if you ask every foreigner to pay this. This is big scale corruption and nobody cares.

Eventually I had to pay. If prefer to fly to Malaysia in stead of going there ever again.

I went to complain at the cambodian embassy in Bangkok. That didn't help.