Where To Buy Foreign Currency

Going back to UK soon for a holiday and the funds paying for the trip are in Thailand.

How will I get the best exchange rate?

1) Buy cash here

2) Buy cash in UK

3) Online transfer from here to my UK bank

4) Something else

Any banks better than others? SCB and HSBC are the ones used normally.

Usually Super Rich offer pretty good exchange rates. The currency exchange office is located in front of Central World in Bangkok. Maybe worth taking a look at them.

http://www.superrichthailand.com/new/map.html

I think that selling your bahts in UK isn't the best option, you will probably not get the best rate.

Doing a bank transfer will cost you fees here in Thailand and maybe for receiving the money in the UK. You need to verify this.

So if you are located in Bangkok, I would suggest to look with Super Rich.

Hope this help

ASDA (actually Travelex booths in ASDA supermarkets) in the UK were offering to buy Baht at 48.5 to the £ earlier on this week.

so ASDA will sell you £1 for 48.5 baht

superich will sell you £1 for 44.3 baht. I know which one i wold prefer.

Out of interest the rates superrich quote on their website are only for the branch near central world/Big C. Behind superrich is another place "Mega rich" (if i recall correctly) their rates are usually the same but sometimes marginally better, and you rarely have a long wait.

Don't forget you passport, as it (or driving license) is needed to change money with them

Green, on 22 Apr 2013 - 02:07, said:

do super rich have a teller now at the emporium skywalk? (Where all the other money changers are near the entrance to emporium from BTS).

Yes, but at a lower rate than the main branch

For the most part, outside of Thailand you won't get a good/fair exchange rate for Thai baht (i..e., using baht to buy foreign currency) as it's a currency little used/needed outside of Thailand. Buy your foreign currency in Thailand.

ASDA (actually Travelex booths in ASDA supermarkets) in the UK were offering to buy Baht at 48.5 to the £ earlier on this week.

so ASDA will sell you £1 for 48.5 baht

superich will sell you £1 for 44.3 baht. I know which one i wold prefer.

Out of interest the rates superrich quote on their website are only for the branch near central world/Big C. Behind superrich is another place "Mega rich" (if i recall correctly) their rates are usually the same but sometimes marginally better, and you rarely have a long wait.

Don't forget you passport, as it (or driving license) is needed to change money with them

This website gives exchange rates for most banks and Super Rich,both notes and TT rates

http://bankexchangerates.daytodaydata.net/default.aspx

Lefty

Thabks for the advice.

Is super rich bkk the best available? Or is there anywhere in Pattaya good as well?

1% worse in pattaya is fine since I would lose that travelling to bkk, but if its 3%+ better rates in bangkok might make the trip.

And for the market experts out there...which way is gbp exchange rate going? Change money now or hang on for 3 weeks and change at last moment?

And for the market experts out there...which way is gbp exchange rate going? Change money now or hang on for 3 weeks and change at last moment?

Sure hope only the market experts who are always right answer.wink.png

• 10 months later...