Thai Gf First Visit To Uk Refused - What Next?

For Gary, for her insurance I suggest she gets in touch with, Muang Thai, Prakan Thai Chewit or AIA, they all offer insurance.

The elephant in the room no one has mentioned is, "no compelling reason to return" as highlighted by previous poster.

I wont go into details, but if anyone is thinking Thais dont overstay or work illegally in the UK, think again.

A visitors visa is valid for 6 months, if your g/f was to say she intended to stay in the UK for a month with a compelling reason to return to Thailand, the outcome may be different.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for clearing that up and i now fully understand that your sending off all your Private details through the Post to your Girl friend in Thailand and then she will put all her documents in the file to submit at Regents house after the 14th May and then if she gets the VV, Then she will buy a return ticket to the UK and you will be waiting for her at the airport.

If this is the case, I hope it all goes well for you.

I must point out, I would not risk sending out personal information through the post like that, I would rather wait until October and apply then for the VV for the sake of 4 months with the hope that the VV is granted while i was in Thailand.

Malc

Sussed this edit out everything leaving only the parts I'm replying to lark - as long as you leave the first and last characters when deleting then backspace 1 at a time to remove the last letter it seems to work.

Anyway, back on subject. I sort of agree with everything you've said, but won't be following the advice on this occasion. Trip 3 was always planned for Songkran but we decided we wanted to apply earlier so I was going to save my money and not make that trip. I sent all my supporting documentation by UPS which cost me about £60 for a document wallet which I thought was a bit steep, and it got there safe and sound in 2-3 days. However, she wasn't able to get the extent of help she required to prepare for the visa application (you're right, there's loads to do), so in the end I did make the third trip a few weeks earlier than we'd first planned so we could make the application together. As UPS worked out the first time I'll be sending everything with them again.

As much as I'd love to follow your suggestion step by step, another trip would be great, I'd have to eat into the getting married fund which is money already earmarked for other things. IF I have to make the trip I will, but now she's done one application she knows what she needs and where to go so I think she'll be okay.

Thanks anyway, all valid points and good advice thumbsup.gif

For Gary, for her insurance I suggest she gets in touch with, Muang Thai, Prakan Thai Chewit or AIA, they all offer insurance.

The elephant in the room no one has mentioned is, "no compelling reason to return" as highlighted by previous poster.

Thanks, I'll look up those insurance companies see if they offer what I'm looking for - travel insurance for her visit to the UK to cover medical expenses if she gets sick, as opposed to medical insurance in Thailand which seems much easier to find.

Actually it was mentioned, and I think the poster that highlighted it was probably me. I always accepted the first application was 50/50 - if it was going to be refused I expected it would be because they don't believe she'll leave the UK. As it happens we missed some documentation so it wasn't the only point raised, but it was there. It's still going to be an issue when we reapply as she still has no assets there, but this time we'll seek to address that in my sponsors letter and will work hard on all the other points raised to prove the existence of a genuine relationship which we wouldn't want to put at risk by breaching the conditions of the visa resulting in her being banned from entering the UK when we try to apply for a settlement visa once we're married.

And what are you going to do about your GF flight regarding buying the ticket?

For the price of a return ticket, I know which option i would be taking, But you decided to do it your way which i respect.

Malc

PS, Why Trip 3 highlighted, your not selling make-up on a side line LOL

And what are you going to do about your GF flight regarding buying the ticket?

Malc

PS, Why Trip 3 highlighted, your not selling make-up on a side line LOL

Her return ticket once the visa has been approved, and mine for my trip in October is in the getting married fund, as is of course the marriage, sinsod and gold. However, the additional trip you're suggesting isn't. Based on how long it took them to process the first application (4 weeks) we'd have to expect them to take the same time again, so I'd have to go over there for 6 weeks to give us time to prepare and submit the application as well as being sure we'd have an answer back before I returned to the UK. Even if I'd not used any holiday yet I'd never be allowed that much time off work in one go sad.png

And no, we don't have a sideline, I've noticed no end of random words have been turned into links but I've never clicked on any of them myself.

Regarding her flight.i meant

Also your GF will need 50,000 baht for the airfare and if your going to buy the airfare for her, She must show the method of payment at check in, so if you pay by Credit card, she must show that credit card at Check-in with you (Garry) with it (not sure if your allowed a cover letter from you)

Regarding her flight.i meant

Also your GF will need 50,000 baht for the airfare and if your going to buy the airfare for her, She must show the method of payment at check in, so if you pay by Credit card, she must show that credit card at Check-in with you (Garry) with it (not sure if your allowed a cover letter from you)

This is the first time this has been mentioned. I've never once been asked how the ticket was paid for or to see the credit card that was used when I fly to Thailand (or home), I just give them the flight confirmation page printed off the Internet, they look at their booking screen and away I go. I have to say I'd prefer to book and pay for the ticket myself rather than have the hassle of transferring a large sum of money over to her so that she can pay as she doesn't have a credit card so don't know how she could do it short of taking the cash to the airline's nearest booking office, and how dodgy would that look.

More thoughts on this one please. Has any Thai girl been asked to show how the ticket was paid for when coming to the UK? And if their farang partner paid and wasn't travelling with her, how did they solve this?

Thank you for clearing that up and i now fully understand that your sending off all your Private details through the Post to your Girl friend in Thailand and then she will put all her documents in the file to submit at Regents house after the 14th May and then if she gets the VV, Then she will buy a return ticket to the UK and you will be waiting for her at the airport.

If this is the case, I hope it all goes well for you.

Please take notice of what i will write below

I must point out, I would not risk sending out personal information through the post like that, I would rather wait until October and apply then for the VV for the sake of 4 months with the hope that the VV is granted while i was in Thailand.

when my wife applied, I went to Thailand each time just to make sure that the file that we were submitting was correct, we were up to the middle of the night putting all the paperwork together even though i thought it would have only taken a hour, its not that simple. Its not only your paperwork, its hers too.

Then it would be buying a airline ticket for your GF and bringing her to the UK with you, Then you will be with her when you go through immigration and believe me, they do ask questions and on my wifes first visit, She was pulled to one side after she could not answer a question regarding why was she was refused the first time!!!.

(even now she gets asked questions)

Also your GF will need 50,000 for the airfare and if your going to buy the airfare for her, She must show the method of payment at check in, so if you pay by Credit card, she must show that credit card at Check-in with you (Garry) with it (not sure if your allowed a cover letter from you)

I have to ask, have you really thought this through?

Just to bullet point the process.

1. Garry, Go to Thailand meet with GF

2. Go hotel, check all her paperwork and place in the correct order ready for submitting

3. Go to Regents House and submit.

4. Take your GF for a nice holiday in thailand and wait for the SMS to go back to BKK

5. If successful, Go to the airline office that your flying with (if emirates, go to emirates) and buy the ticket.

6. Go to the airport and at check-in show ticket and credit card that it was bought with.

7. Enjoy the flight

8. Once at the airport, Go with her through non European immigration lane. (you can not help her with any questions)

If you follow this. then you be Ok, Cant promise you the VISA, But you will have piece of mind that.

1. your personal documents will be secure.

2. The file that your submitting is correct

3. You pay for the AIrline tickets on your card.

4. She transfers through airports OK (if a transfer is required) and Dubai is not easy

5. She has you with her while going through immigration.

if you do it this way, she can have the full 6 months in the UK and in your words "I want to see if she can hack it here" and then you both can decide if marrage is the correct thing to do, because if she cant Hack it in the UK or With you, what will she do, Go back home??? Go to her aunt??? until her flight home.

Please Garry, take time to think it all through and sending Personal information though the post, i would not recommend.

Malc

this is the best advice given to you so far,your gf.is going to be as nervous as fk.without you to support her so it would be great for her if you waited till oct and was with her it also shows the eco that you are not trying to rush things through as it does appear now.why i mentioned the first time you met and stayed together was not a good idea was that is not something they are expecting you to declare its because its what they think[looks like another short romance] we had better wait and see how it progress's.we waited 3yrs.after we met and that included living together for 2 of them just to make sure we suited each other,as for 2yrs before that early 80's i saw plenty fail so wait garry it will feel a long time when your not with her but it could be worth it in the end.

Just a couple of points...

At check in, I have been asked by Emirates, Thai Airways and Air Asia to show the card that was used to purchase the tickets.

For travel and health insurance, try LMG Pacific Healthcare, available through AA Brokers who used to be sponsors on this Furum. They offer a policy at reasonable cost. We paid about 6,000 Baht for 160 days cover.

Edited by rawhod
  • Like 1

Gary, you wrote back to me and said, I sort of agree with everything you've said, but won't be following the advice on this occasion

Garry, you do need a reality check, your going into this with your eyes closed without thinking it though.

You met a lady on beach road and within a short time its wedding bells!!! i asked questions that you decided not to answer, not because i want to know about your personal stuff, its to try and make you think about whats going on around you, because your just looking in one direction and not giving a dam about anything else.

So, lets look at the E-Ticket for the flight, Before i raised the issue, YOU were going to buy a ticket on line in her name, Email her the E-ticket and she would turn up at the airport expecting to board the plane. WRONG, she would be told that she could not board the plane because she cannot show the credit card with a loss of 50,000 baht because she didn't following the T&C. So at this point Garry, You should be thanking me for saving you 50,000 Baht if you had In your words I sort of agree with everything you've said, but won't be following the advice on this occasion

Come on Garry. Read my post again and give yourself a reality check, because i am only Malct sitting on his PC who like you, asks a lot of questions and i can pick many holes in what you have said and what your doing, I am not the ECO who can refuse the VV or a immigration officer who has the right to send your GF home after she landed in the UK who WILL question her, and if she gets anything wrong, Its bye bye UK and back on the next plane back home.

Garry, I can go on and on because there are many holes in what your doing, But looks like you know best, well that's until someone points something out to you.

Thank you to Meatboy for saying about Best Advice, we are a community of people from different walks of life and i seek help all the time and i like to give help to.

Regards

Malc

Edited by malct

Gary, you wrote back to me and said, I sort of agree with everything you've said, but won't be following the advice on this occasion

Garry, you do need a reality check, your going into this with your eyes closed without thinking it though.

You met a lady on beach road and within a short time its wedding bells!!! i asked questions that you decided not to answer, not because i want to know about your personal stuff, its to try and make you think about whats going on around you, because your just looking in one direction and not giving a dam about anything else.

So, lets look at the E-Ticket for the flight, Before i raised the issue, YOU were going to buy a ticket on line in her name, Email her the E-ticket and she would turn up at the airport expecting to board the plane. WRONG, she would be told that she could not board the plane because she cannot show the credit card with a loss of 50,000 baht because she didn't following the T&C. So at this point Garry, You should be thanking me for saving you 50,000 Baht if you had In your words I sort of agree with everything you've said, but won't be following the advice on this occasion

Come on Garry. Read my post again and give yourself a reality check, because i am only Malct sitting on his PC who like you, asks a lot of questions and i can pick many holes in what you have said and what your doing, I am not the ECO who can refuse the VV or a immigration officer who has the right to send your GF home after she landed in the UK who WILL question her, and if she gets anything wrong, Its bye bye UK and back on the next plane back home.

Garry, I can go on and on because there are many holes in what your doing, But looks like you know best, well that's until someone points something out to you.

Thank you to Meatboy for saying about Best Advice, we are a community of people from different walks of life and i seek help all the time and i like to give help to.

Regards

Malc

When I said I agree but won't be following the advice I was agreeing that going to Thailand to hold her hand through the application again would be a brilliant idea, but that against your advice I was still going to send the new documentation through the post. I did explain my position financially and how our existing plans could be changed, but deleted much of my response as I see no reason to get into a slanging match when I say I'm going to do something different to how someone else would do it. With some "for" advice and some "against" advice I'm always going to have to choose one path, and that path for now is that we want to apply again to see if we can get her to the UK before we marry, rather than postpone and rethink all the plans which we'll do if she's refused again. You seem to have taken offence to me taking the "for" path when you seem to be "against" reapplying immediately, but it's nothing personal, I have valued your input throughout the thread. However, meatboy's contribution has been pretty negative throughout as he's clearly been "against" all along so no surprise he agrees with you now. Thankfully there are plenty of others "for" us reapplying as well.

Yes, the ticket bit is exactly right, that's what I was planning to do, but only because I didn't know I shouldn't. If I read in Emirates T&C's that I might have to produce the card with which the ticket was paid for then I've forgotten seeing it because in three trips I've never been asked to produce it. If I've read it in anyone's responses in any of my threads then again I've forgotten which is why some posts back I said I would be re-reading through all my threads before I send my stuff off. But if I've never read it and nobody (until now) has ever said it, how was I supposed to know I shouldn't do it? Now it's been mentioned I'm going to look at the T&Cs for Emirates, Turkish Airlines and Lufthansa to see if I can find anything on this, and email them if I have to. I'm also probably going to start a new thread on the subject because luckily I have more than a month to figure out what we have to do.

Just a couple of points...

At check in, I have been asked by Emirates, Thai Airways and Air Asia to show the card that was used to purchase the tickets.

For travel and health insurance, try LMG Pacific Healthcare, available through AA Brokers who used to be sponsors on this Furum. They offer a policy at reasonable cost. We paid about 6,000 Baht for 160 days cover.

Following what malct said I will be investigating further the ticket issue as of course I don't want that to be a problem. New one to me but I've said throughout "is there anything I've missed" and it's taken until now for someone to pick up on it. Glad it was mentioned now.

I looked up LMG and will apply for a quote online (once I've told her she may get a call or email). I was already looking at AXA Thailand but they seem to only cover for a maximum of 90 days (I've emailed to see if they can cover for longer). Thanks for that.

Garry, I have not taken offence, Its your life and your money, you can do what ever, but as a TV forum member, I like to give advice where i can, People on this forum know far more than me and help me more often than i give my limited advice.

​like i pointed out, I have just saved you 50,000Baht, If i was not bothered about your situation, I would have sat back and waited for your thread saying, My GF was refused to board the plane, but i am not like that.

at the end of the day Garry, it is your path that your taking and no one should tell you what to do, its your choice.

people on here have life experience of what your going through, I have done 3 VV, 1st one turned down and 2 accepted and also have a settlement Visa, So we have gained a lot of life experience, we are applying for the IIR in September We are focused on that and have been for some months, We cant afford to get it wrong.

can i ask, How much thought have you put into the Settlement Visa?? lets face it your getting married soon.

like others on here, i am also wise on possible scams etc, take for instance, a lady asks your GF at regent house to check your file and telling her its not correct, unknown to her its someone from a scam agency!!! We were approached and told we would fail and wanted X amount of Baht!!!

its up to you Garry if you want to take my advice but what ever path you do take, i wont take offence.

Malc

Garry, I have not taken offence, Its your life and your money, you can do what ever, but as a TV forum member, I like to give advice where i can, People on this forum know far more than me and help me more often than i give my limited advice.

​like i pointed out, I have just saved you 50,000Baht, If i was not bothered about your situation, I would have sat back and waited for your thread saying, My GF was refused to board the plane, but i am not like that.

at the end of the day Garry, it is your path that your taking and no one should tell you what to do, its your choice.

people on here have life experience of what your going through, I have done 3 VV, 1st one turned down and 2 accepted and also have a settlement Visa, So we have gained a lot of life experience, we are applying for the IIR in September We are focused on that and have been for some months, We cant afford to get it wrong.

can i ask, How much thought have you put into the Settlement Visa?? lets face it your getting married soon.

like others on here, i am also wise on possible scams etc, take for instance, a lady asks your GF at regent house to check your file and telling her its not correct, unknown to her its someone from a scam agency!!! We were approached and told we would fail and wanted X amount of Baht!!!

its up to you Garry if you want to take my advice but what ever path you do take, i wont take offence.

Malc

Thank you, yes you have probably saved me a lot of money. Good luck on the ILR, sincerely.

I thought about a settlement visa but ruled it out. I want to be sure the relationship will last, so I want to spend a few months together rather than a few weeks. I accept what people are saying, it's early in our relationship, but I disagree with some in that I think you can find love in a short space of time, even given her past. To apply for an £85 visitor visa we get the time together I think we need before we commit to marriage, and she gets to see if she can live here with me, away from her friends, and with our weather, food and people. If, as it was, her visa is refused and we have to apply again it's just another £85, but I think I worked out a settlement visa is more like £650 which is not a figure I want to be shelling out twice (I don't think that includes the English test or X-Ray). It's gonna cost me an arm and a leg either way, but I'd rather pay for an extra one-way flight knowing marriage was the right move and that she's coming over to stay than find out after that we jumped into everything too fast that it was a mistake.

See, don't have my eyes shut, the big head is making the decisions not the little one cheesy.gif

We weren't approached by anyone when we went to Regent House, maybe because we were together. I'll make sure she avoids everyone and doesn't accept anyone's "help" outside of the restricted area in the application center when she goes this time.

Okay, in post 86 I summarized where we were at so there's no point repeating that post other than to detail any changes in the last 6 days:

1. No change other than I'll be including bills for March & April.

2. Am going to include more FB screenshots adding 13/14/16/17/18/21/22/27 April as these show we chat at lunchtime every day (as claimed in the original sponsors letter) in addition to our Skype video calls every morning and at the weekend.

3. No change but see questions below.

4. We'll be adding her bank statement (from her new bank) which was mentioned in that post, and I've since found a confirmation of credit (from her old bank) for my bank transfer in November.

The following additional documentation will be sent (on top of everything detailed in post 86):

> New pictures from my trip in March.

> Quotes for possible flights we'll book if her visa is approved showing her return date.

> Quote for travel insurance we'll buy if her visa is approved.

> Hotel booking confirmation emails*

*On my second visit to Thailand I stayed in her apartment for a few nights before going home to see her parents where we spent one night in a hotel (walk-in booking). We went back to Pattaya where we spent another couple of nights before handing back the keys, so then moved to a nearby hotel (again a walk-in booking). The last 4 nights of the trip were spent in Bangkok for which I have a confirmation email for that booking. On my third visit we spent the first 3 nights in the same Bangkok hotel for which I also have a confirmation email, but they were full on the 4th night so we moved to another hotel (walk-in booking). We then spent 2 nights in Cha Am (confirmation email available) before heading to Pattaya for 3 nights where we also returned to the hotel we'd stayed in before (telephone reservation). Finally we headed back to Bangkok for the last 2 nights staying in the second hotel we'd used (confirmation email available).As it happens we like that hotel, it's convenient for the Skytrain and Regent House is just a mile or two down the road, so she stayed there again for 1 night when she went to collect her passport after it had been returned, so no doubt I'll book her a room there again when she goes back to reapply. QUESTION: Include this information or not? In my original sponsors letter I only said we spent a couple of days in her home town before going to Pattaya to pack up her apartment before spending the last few days in Bangkok, then indicated our plans for my third trip were to spend a few days in Bangkok, then Cha Am, then back to her home town again (we didn't go in the end) before spending the last few days in Bangkok.

As per some recent posts I'm now looking at how we'll pay for her flight and whether I can pay on my credit card without it causing her a problem. Perhaps I'll be able to include a photocopy of the card on which I write a declaration that I purchased the ticket for her and why, or maybe I can get an email from the airline in which the situation is explained and they accept it as being okay, I don't know as yet...

In 3 above I have an email from her aunt saying she can visit any time, and I'll be explaining in my sponsors letter that she lives close by so she/we won't be staying with her, just visiting. But the GF said why don't I get something similar from my mother. She's already written a letter offering the contents of a savings account as a safety net and saying she looks forward to meeting the GF, any reason to change it? What about my brother and his wife, will a letter from them make a blind bit of difference?

And a related question of sorts, in "Part 7: Your visit -> Friends and Family". It's pretty obvious from the application and supporting documentation that she's coming here to visit me, but we didn't put my details here, just those of her aunt. Should we have included mine (they didn't seem to pick up on it in the refusal notice so I think not)? And as my mother mentions looking forward to meeting her how about her details? And of course if you think we should add a letter from my brother too what about his? Bare in mind neither my mother or brother are her "friends and family", they're mine (pointing out the obvious because I've been advised it's always a good idea to tongue.png )

Edited by GarryUK

I accept what people are saying, it's early in our relationship, but I disagree with some in that I think you can find love in a short space of time, even given her past.

Gary, if I could offer some unrequested* relationship and Cultural advice ...

I fully believe that you can find love in such a short time ... but can your partner?

Don't mistake your feelings for her feelings.

Sometimes, when a Thai person says 'I Love You' ... it can be emotionally better translated as 'I Need You' ... same but different ... rolleyes.gif

Take things a little more slowly and observe her actions before you listen to her words.

Culturally, it can be a rocky road if you haven't taken time to understand her Culturally ... don't assume that a girl, is a girl, is a girl ... she's a Thai girl.

How would you feel if you learn that she holds her relationship to her parents and some Family members closer then she would to you as her husband? If given the choice between you (as her husband) and her Father ... don't automatically assume that she would choose you.

It's natural for a Westerner to assume that the USA, Sweden, New Zealand is a far better place to live then Thailand. My gf has a Thai friend who is now in the States ... absolutely hates it ... and she shares a house with a Thai friend ... wanted to return after 10 days. So, don't assume that she will like the UK.

My warm advice is to take a small step back, and maybe a UK visit for 10 days or 2 weeks, allow her to return to Thailand, and then, if she likes it apply for another Visitor Visa and invite her to stay a longer time.

If she abides by her her first Visa, enjoys a small holiday and a chance for you to show her how beautiful the UK is in Spring/Summer, then the 2nd Visitor Visa and a longer stay in the UK should be a cakewalk.

Enjoy ...

* ... interestingly the spell checker doesn't believe in the word 'unrequested'

Air Ticket.

when they check the ticket at check in they see how it was paid, if the person whose passport it is matches the person who paid for the ticket then okay, if not they will ask for the owner of the credit card to come forward, if that person cannot come forward then no getting on the flight.

The best way to get rid of this problem is to book through a travel agent, or send your beloved the money for the ticket.

Garry, most of the guys on here are great helpers listen to some of them.

Another point, a lot of guys met their wives like you did, wanted to get married after 6 months, for some it worked for some it didn't. I met my wife and married her within a year, still going strong and gets stronger everyday, yes you will have ups and downs, we certainly have but that is life. Now am in Germany working and she is touring Switzerland with her mum, she will be here this week.

Oh and my wife has been to the UK twice and loved it, even took her mum with her, but she hates meeting Thais who live in the UK or Europe as they seem to be stuck up (her words not mine), and she has been to Europe many times.

Good luck.

Edited by beano2274

Air Ticket.

when they check the ticket at check in they see how it was paid, if the person whose passport it is matches the person who paid for the ticket then okay, if not they will ask for the owner of the credit card to come forward, if that person cannot come forward then no getting on the flight.

The best way to get rid of this problem is to book through a travel agent, or send your beloved the money for the ticket.

Good luck.

Not a bad idea, I'll see where I get with the emails to the airlines, but a serious backup plan thumbsup.gif

sorry guys but garry is not going to take any advice from us if its not what he wants to hear he has already made his mind up,he feels that all my advice is negative,well garry after 30yrs.i do know a fair amount on the do's and donts.you dont seem to answer some very important points thats likely to be looked at,one important one is how many stamps do you have in your passport the eco will definately look at that.

sorry guys but garry is not going to take any advice from us if its not what he wants to hear he has already made his mind up,he feels that all my advice is negative,well garry after 30yrs.i do know a fair amount on the do's and donts.you dont seem to answer some very important points thats likely to be looked at,one important one is how many stamps do you have in your passport the eco will definately look at that.

I've taken onboard plenty of advice with that given by 7by7, rawhod, tomcreeduk and malct standing out as being the most helpful, and contributions by many others much appreciated. Of course I don't agree with everything that everyone has said, how can I, but there are clearly some people "for" us reapplying, and some people "against". So you're right, having considered everything, we've now made up our minds to try to reapply as, to the best of our abilities, we've tried to address the issues raised in the refusal notice and think we have a greater chance of success this time. If the border agency decide they're still not happy and refuse her visa again we'll then have to change our plans for the future as per some of the other advice given.

How many stamps do I have in my passport? I've mentioned many times about my first, second and third trips to thailand, so for anyone not able to work it out it's 3 within the space of 6 months. Would more visits reassure everyone including the border agency that the relationship is genuine? Well of course they would, but then anyone with an unbiased view must be able to accept that I can neither get the time off work or fund that amount of trips indefinitely, and to go back twice to see her in such a short space of time after meeting her has to show there's at least some sort of relationship been formed.

"Been here 30 years" ... meatboy, how do my words/advices in post #166 stack up against your experiences?

Must admit, it's not directly related to the OP, but go issues which may assist Garry.

"Been here 30 years" ... meatboy, how do my words/advices in post #166 stack up against your experiences?

Must admit, it's not directly related to the OP, but go issues which may assist Garry.

coudnt have given him any better advice than what you posted,but going on what garry has just posted regarding me asking how many stamps in his passport,eco will look at this and say this is his first trip to thailand and he has fallen in love and acting like a 12yr.old having his first kiss,how many times have they seen this end in tears,yes it is easy to fall in love straight away with a thai beauty,i have been there got a case of t-shirts and learned a few lessons on the way.i wish that for every time i heard hansum man or i love you each time worth 100bht.in 2yrs.sampling thai products i would be rich.he does need to take 1 step forward and 6 backwards.for his sake after forking out plenty of money already he gets his wishes,but if she has any skeletons in the cupboard and take it from me most have then he must be prepared,he thinks he knows her and the family already he doesnt he wont find out untill after he's married and like you said he is not top of the ladder in her eye's.i must be one of the luckyest blokes in the world and dont i know it.meatboy.

Just a few more points...

Beano is correct...

We met for a 1 hour Thai massage and then a 30 min chat in Nov 2008. I didn't get back to Thailand until Jan 2010. Had 1 month together, I went home to the UK and couldn't wait to get back. After 2 weeks in the UK, I returned for 3 months during which time we applied for a General visitor visa (3 entry stamps on my passport) and were refused and I went home again for 7 months whilst I had minor surgery. Returned on a Non "O" Visa with all my paperwork, made a much more considered application, and it was successful. I got my Retirement extension of stay, we bought a house and got married and have had two more successful Family visa applications.

However, I should point out that I am of UK retirement age, have previously given away two half houses (sic) to my previous wives and have found my "real wife" late on in life.

So keep optimistic..

Regarding tickets...

Do bear in mind that they may request to see the Credit card that booked the flight. Beano is not quite correct, they saw my passport but still wanted to see the Credit Card.

You could book through an agent, I have used ...

http://www.gazelletravel.co.uk/

...previously.

Are you aware that, for a few Baht more, you can have the passport and documents returned by EMS Mail when the application has been processed. It saves a trip to Regent House

Edit.

ps. My wife has been to the UK three times, likes it, but wouldn't want to live there...

Edited by rawhod

Garry, just to get my head around all of this, can you answer me these questions or try and summarize from were you started to where you are now on this what seems to be a long journey.

1. when was your first visit to Thailand and how long did you go for?

2. you say you got dumped on your second visit, Did you go to Thailand just to meet this person, like your meeting your GF i assume you met her on your first holiday?

3. You say you made a visit in October last year, how long did you go to Thailnd for, how many days you spend with your GF, I understand that you met her after you got dumped,

4. on your return to the UK, You decided to go back to Thailand (3rd visit) with the hope of getting a Visitors visa, did you apply once you got to Thailand? this will give more understanding on the refusal, Such a short romance.

5. You say that you went to were she lives, was this north east Thailand ? and was this planned before going to Thailand

6. I understand that you did a lot of walk in hotels, so before you landed in Thailand, you had very little in hotels booked

7. Your GF decided that it would be good to visit her parents, what was your thoughts on this and how was it once you got there, I am thinking about the culture change here!!! (my wife lives in a Village, totally different!!!

8. since you come home she now looks after her sisters daughter, Can i ask, where his her mother and who will look after her daughter if your GF gets the Visa.

9. whats your GF's thoughts if she does not get the next Visa, she must have a lot of doubts on if she will be coming or not.

10. have you thought about, what if she does not like the UK or maybe you and her don't get on and she wants to leave you or you want her to go, what would you do? Send her to her aunt until her departure date, Yes Garry, these are things you must think about.

11. You hear stories on Thai lady's, You will have heard them, we all have, Hand on heart, Do you really know the lady who your planning on marrying? I didn't after 7 months, is she really communicating with you from her home, As she a Thai boyfriend or husband, Believe me Garry, it happens.

12. You talk about your savings that you have for your marriage, But you have not taken into account the expense on the settlement visa, getting her a flight to the UK, your talking £2000, whats your plan, Get married with no plan on her coming back to the UK with you. My wife was back in the UK 5 weeks after we got married and its not a nice feeling saying good bye to someone in BKK airport who you have just married.

i do wish you the best of luck, Most people are saying take a step back and these people are people who care and yes you say that you have your head screwed on, But yet you have missed so much that i and others have pointed out to you. There is not a to do list, Its up to you to do the research, So little things likes showing a Credit card at the airport, I found out by checking and these are the things you should be doing.

Edited by malct

Regarding tickets...

Do bear in mind that they may request to see the Credit card that booked the flight. Beano is not quite correct, they saw my passport but still wanted to see the Credit Card.

You could book through an agent, I have used ...

http://www.gazelletravel.co.uk/

...previously.

Are you aware that, for a few Baht more, you can have the passport and documents returned by EMS Mail when the application has been processed. It saves a trip to Regent House

Edit.

ps. My wife has been to the UK three times, likes it, but wouldn't want to live there...

For the tickets I'm looking at 1. Get an email off the airline confirming I've paid and she doesn't have the card is okay, or 2. Book via a travel agent.

She mentioned paying before but only seemed to get an sms when the application was forwarded to the embassy, not when it was returned, and she had to go back to collect everything. I'll raise it this time because I'm sure it'll be cheaper than a bus trip and hotel for the night thumbsup.gif

As for not liking it here, that's why I want a visit visa first, give her the chance to find that out.

going on what garry has just posted regarding me asking how many stamps in his passport,eco will look at this and say this is his first trip to Thailand.........

Except it isn't his first trip to Thailand!

He has visited her three times and they have kept in constant touch between his visits.

From what the refusal notice says, it wasn't the length of the relationship nor the number of times he had visited her in Thailand that concerned the ECO; it was the lack of evidence showing the contact between them while he was in the UK that was the problem.

Even if he had only visited her once, or even not at all, that would not be grounds for refusal if they had shown the relationship to be genuine.

Whilst I am sure your advice is well intentioned and much of it generally sound, it may be better received by Garry if you got basic facts like the above correct!

• Like 1