Thai Gf First Visit To Uk Refused - What Next?

Have you ever seen how some of these girls spend their days in the UK when their partner is working, have you been in the gambling dens, have you seen the money lending that goes on?

What happens if your girl, meets someone else, or returns to her old ways, have you a plan for that?

You and the Thai people you know in the UK must live in a completly different world to that of my wife and I and our Thai friends.

We do know of some Thai women who play cards together at home for pennies while the kids are at school, and a couple who seem addicted to the slots in Ladbrokes; but you make it sound like every Thai woman in the UK is on the game to pay their gambling debts!

Maybe you are mixing with the wrong people?

• Like 2

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously if things go terribly wrong then she'll go home

Oh if only it were more simple than that.

I know nothing of your girls relationship with her aunt, do you?

You have no clue as to what rubbish the aunt may be filling her head with.

Have you ever seen how some of these girls spend their days in the UK when their partner is working, have you been in the gambling dens, have you seen the money lending that goes on?

What happens if your girl, meets someone else, or returns to her old ways, have you a plan for that?

Pesimist. I agree with 7by7, I think you must've mixed with the wrong girls and now you're stereotyping.

I'm afraid the visa failed for a simple reason...not enough and incorrectly presented evidence. Don't assume anything - what may be obvious to you might not be to an ECO! i

When we applied we had print-outs of phone access numbers and explained them.

Printouts of most of the telephone/mobile calls and explained the different numbers.

Headers of emails.

Skype printouts.

Photos.

Hotels, flights, money, photos together. Land documents. I haven't read all your history but you have been in a "relationship" for 5 months...how much time have you "physically spent together?"

Also, I think stating 6 months is pushing it. My wife had worked overseas on and off for 3 years including in America and she said she wanted to visit for 3 months...and stayed for 3 months.

I would suggest one more trip...and a carefully re-thought application.

Good luck thumbsup.gif

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL
  • Like 1

Apart from addressing the points stated in the refusal notice, the OP needs to accept that a 6-month relationship that is pretty much 90% internet-based just won't hack it. He may need to consider budgeting for at least a couple more trips to Thailand and try again this time next year.

I'll have to disagree. Nothing preventing an application at short notice and chance of success.

My wife arrived in UK on settlement visa and no prior requirement for visit visa. But, I'd have had no hesitation in her applying for visit visa after six-month relationship.

The same rules apply to everyone. Put up a good case and there'll be little problem.

I think your only chance is a settlement visa. Your current main problem of the embassy having no reason to believe that she will return to Thailand will obviously no longer apply. However you will need to show that you have suitable accommodation and income without resorting to the state.

In my (limited) experience, how the pair of you do at interview will be crucial. Despite what they say, the impression you make is as important as hers. Frankly, if you're unprepared and not able to think on your feet I suspect they will reject the application in a heartbeat. I'm sure they have no time for explanations regarding lack of telephone call logs etc. You have to consider what they want to be shown, rather than what you think is reasonable to show them.

sorry gary but you do need a reality check,you talked about insurance for your gf.and only being able to stretch to a couple of hundred pounds.you might or more than likely you will need a hell of a lot more if you want her to leave thailand,you should spend a month or two looking up previous stories[family forum] once they find out that you are not the atm that her family are hopeing for [if this is the case] then you will get hurt.please dont say i know nothing about her,no i dont but being married for over 22yrs.and 30yrs knowledge of thai custom i can honestly say i have learnt a bit and i am still learning so please tread carefully good luck.

I wondered whether or not I should refer to the refusal. Should I include the original sponsors letter and a new one just covering what bits have been added to this re-application, or should I simply write a new letter expanding on the original to cover/include the refusal and the extra documentation we've included this time?

We recently appealed on our unmarried partner visa and were successful.

I addressed all the points the ECO raised in separate paragraphs. Go through your refusal letter and identify each point the ECO raised and answer them or explain why the ECO got it wrong.

I'm not trying to be a know-it-all but hopefully that will help you a little.

You and the Thai people you know in the UK must live in a completly different world to that of my wife and I and our Thai friends.

We do know of some Thai women who play cards together at home for pennies while the kids are at school, and a couple who seem addicted to the slots in Ladbrokes; but you make it sound like every Thai woman in the UK is on the game to pay their gambling debts!

Have you ever seen how some of these girls spend their days in the UK

is hardly the same as,

but you make it sound like every Thai woman in the UK

However if thats how you choose to read it so be it.

I dont mix with them at all, and my wife certainly didnt mix with them in Thailand.

I was pointing out what goes on, others may ignore it up to them.

Personally I think the OP needs a reality check, but wish him well, others have walked down the same road before him.

Its not so much the girl thats the problem, its the the other Thais she may well find herself mixed up with.

If you think these girls dont take their attitudes, problems and snobbery to the UK or elsewhere with them you are sadly mistaken.

Yes there are plenty of hard working girls living and contributing to the marriage living in the UK and they sure as heck dont mix with the LoSo living in the UK.

The same LoSo who called my wife a snob because she wouldnt mix with them, play cards or drink with them.

A few pennies, you should hear some of the stories about what actually takes place, I will leave it to your imagination, or ask your mrs she can fill in the details.

Have you ever seen how some of these girls spend their days in the UK

is hardly the same as,

but you make it sound like every Thai woman in the UK

However if thats how you choose to read it so be it.

I dont mix with them at all, and my wife certainly didnt mix with them in Thailand.

Personally I think the OP needs a reality check, but wish him well, others have walked down the same road before him.

Its not so much the girl thats the problem, its the the other Thais she may well find herself mixed up with.

If you think these girls dont take their attitudes, problems and snobbery to the UK or elsewhere with them you are sadly mistaken.

Yes there are plenty of hard working girls living and contributing to the marriage living in the UK and they sure as heck dont mix with the LoSo living in the UK.

The same LoSo who called my wife a snob because she wouldnt mix with them, play cards or drink with them.

A few pennies, you should hear some of the stories about what actually takes place, I will leave it to your imagination, or ask your mrs she can fill in the details.

absolutely correct,lies,back stabbing,i got more than you,talking behind your back,the list goes on and on,after 18yrs.my wf.left the uk.and only had one thai freind who didnt look down on her because she kept her distance from them.

You don't mix with 'them' yet you are 'pointing out what goes on'?

How do you know 'what goes on' if you don't mix with 'them'? Rumours? Prejudiced assumptions?

You automatically assume that the OP's girlfriend will 'mix with the LoSo.' Why?

If your wife's attitude is anything like yours, I am not surprised she was called a snob; but not for the reasons you claim!

You and your perfect wife don't mix with 'them' but you know all about 'what actually takes place'!

Your assumption about my wife, your use of the terms 'LoSo' and 'them' say all that anyone needs to know about you.

People post in this forum because they want advice about obtaining a visa.

Usually they get that advice. Not always good advice I'll grant you, but without any ignorant, prejudiced comment.

But every now and then someone like you comes along and feels that they have to demonstrate how superior they desperately want people to think they are; when in reality all they are doing is proving how inferior they really feel!

If you have constructive advice to offer on the OP's girlfriend's visa application; offer it.

But if all you want to do is attempt to belittle his girlfriend in an effort to make up for your own inferiority complexes; go elsewhere.

• Like 2

I think your only chance is a settlement visa. Your current main problem of the embassy having no reason to believe that she will return to Thailand will obviously no longer apply. However you will need to show that you have suitable accommodation and income without resorting to the state.
In my (limited) experience, how the pair of you do at interview will be crucial. Despite what they say, the impression you make is as important as hers. Frankly, if you're unprepared and not able to think on your feet I suspect they will reject the application in a heartbeat. I'm sure they have no time for explanations regarding lack of telephone call logs etc. You have to consider what they want to be shown, rather than what you think is reasonable to show them.

Exactly. There is no "interview" whistling.gif

RAZZ Edited by RAZZELL

Indeed; they stopped routine interviews for all applicants, visit, settlement, study, work etc., some time ago,

These days if the ECO does want more information before making that decision they will phone the applicant, or in the case of a young child the child's parent or carer.

In very rare cases they may call the applicant into the embassy for a face to face interview, but I've not heard of that happening in Bangkok for a very long time (doesn't mean it hasn't happened, though).

taotoo, telling someone to apply for a settlement visa because it is somehow easier to get than a visit visa is very poor advice.

Apart from the extra cost and the far more stringent financial requirements of a settlement visa, settlement should only be applied for if the intention is to live permanently in the UK.

Plus, of course, the OP would either have to first marry his girlfriend (spouse visa) intend to marry her once she was in the UK (fiance visa) or have been living with her in a relationship akin to marriage for at least the last two years (unmarried partners visa).

They don't qualify for the third, and from what he has said they are not ready for the first two.

Edited by 7by7

I have just been reading a interesting story how people can misread things, Noi who's family was in financial trouble and how she was naive about what life in Pattaya but had a dream of marrying a Farang because she knew of a lady in her village who had married a farang.

Also Mikes story who met Noi in Pattaya and fell in love with Noi and through words, ending up inviting Noi to Europe and talks of getting married.

It just shows how people see each other and misreads situations.

http://www.pattayapages.com/girls/noi.html

Since my then GF came to the UK, she kept herself to herself, I was going to work and when i got home, the house looked totally different, she wanted to make her mark, During the 2 Visitors Visa's, the only contact that she had with People was Family and people who lived in the Village, Since she was granted a Settlement Visa, she has gained many Thai friends and i have gained many UK friends (Mainly Husbands of Thai wifes) What i can say, All the Thai lady's are very supportive of each other, They call around to each others house's have food while the husbands have a natter.

Maybe 3 or 4 times a month, the wifes have a get together, Have food, some drink and a dance, Its really good to see thai people living the UK way, But still have time to have social Thai time together.

I fully understand that what people have been advising Gary, but its up to Gary to make his own mind up, there are many people with bad story's But i do think that the happy story's far out weight the Bad.

I remember about my first visit to Phuket and a bar girl was boosting to me how she had 4 different farang sending her money every month while she was telling them that she gave up the bar work, This lady put me on my guard and i wasn't gonna fall for that one, But Hey, 12 months later, I met the love of my life and 4 years later i got married and yes i waited because i had been married before and once bitten twice shy, I have to say that my then GF was not happy because the people in the village was saying things behind her back (rent a wife was one due to 2 Visitors Visa's to the UK)

Like the story about, People can read into things in different ways, but at the end of the day, Its down to getting to know a person and trusting a person. (Plus regarding the story, Its about doing your homework on Thai Custom and what your letting yourself in for)

I hope i have not waffled on here ;-(

Your assumption about my wife, your use of the terms 'LoSo' and 'them' say all that anyone needs to know about you.

Usually they get that advice. Not always good advice I'll grant you, but without any ignorant, prejudiced comment.

If you have constructive advice to offer on the OP's girlfriend's visa application; offer it.

But if all you want to do is attempt to belittle his girlfriend in an effort to make up for your own inferiority complexes; go elsewhere.

I'm finding it difficult to edit down the posts just to comment on the bits I want to sad.png

I don't know what LoSo means.

Some people don't think that addressing the issues we missed and that were raised by the ECO will be enough, we won't get a visa, and they're entitled to their opinions. Some people are kind enough to offer some advice of additional things to do that I might not have thought of, it's been said often that every little helps, and to those people we thank you for your help. But some people just wanna pre-judge and say bad about everybody. You don'y know me, you don't know my girlfriend, so why you have to stereotype. I think I've found a real gem, and it sounds like 7by7 has too, and while I accept there are relationships that fail, isn't it fair to say that every now and then some actually work out very well too?

Indeed; they stopped routine interviews for all applicants, visit, settlement, study, work etc., some time ago,

These days if the ECO does want more information before making that decision they will phone the applicant, or in the case of a young child the child's parent or carer.

In very rare cases they may call the applicant into the embassy for a face to face interview, but I've not heard of that happening in Bangkok for a very long time (doesn't mean it hasn't happened, though).

taotoo, telling someone to apply for a settlement visa because it is somehow easier to get than a visit visa is very poor advice.

Apart from the extra cost and the far more stringent financial requirements of a settlement visa, settlement should only be applied for if the intention is to live permanently in the UK.

Plus, of course, the OP would either have to first marry his girlfriend (spouse visa) intend to marry her once she was in the UK (fiance visa) or have been living with her in a relationship akin to marriage for at least the last two years (unmarried partners visa).

They don't qualify for the third, and from what he has said they are not ready for the first two.

I want to spend longer than a holiday with her before we get married, just to be sure we feel the same when we're together for months instead of just a couple of weeks. As she wants to come to the UK, and I want to keep my job, it makes sense she spends that time here with me rather than me giving up everything and moving to Thailand. We're going for a general visitor visa because it's the cheapest and because there are no pre-requisites like an English test or anything. We want to marry in Thailand because aside from being able to avoid a big do here, there's far more chance of my immediate family going to Thailand than there is of hers coming here. Assuming we make it that far we'll apply for a spouse visa for her to move here if she still wants to.

Since my then GF came to the UK, she kept herself to herself, I was going to work and when i got home, the house looked totally different, she wanted to make her mark, During the 2 Visitors Visa's, the only contact that she had with People was Family and people who lived in the Village, Since she was granted a Settlement Visa, she has gained many Thai friends and i have gained many UK friends (Mainly Husbands of Thai wifes) What i can say, All the Thai lady's are very supportive of each other, They call around to each others house's have food while the husbands have a natter.

Maybe 3 or 4 times a month, the wifes have a get together, Have food, some drink and a dance, Its really good to see thai people living the UK way, But still have time to have social Thai time together.

I fully understand that what people have been advising Gary, but its up to Gary to make his own mind up, there are many people with bad story's But i do think that the happy story's far out weight the Bad.

I like the idea of making friends with other English/Thai couples, but the GF isn't so keen on seeking Thai friends here because she's heard all the bullsh*t some of the ex working girls spout and doesn't want to be associated with that kind of girl. Sounds like you have a good group there, am interested where you're from as maybe I can learn something here (PM me if you don't wanna publish it but don't mind telling me).

I've heard the bad stories and don't think that's going to be us, but of course who can really say. But I'm not going to finish with her on the basis that "some" girls turn out bad, let's look at what happens and not just what could happen.

Edited by GarryUK

I have just been reading a interesting story how people can misread things, Noi who's family was in financial trouble and how she was naive about what life in Pattaya but had a dream of marrying a Farang because she knew of a lady in her village who had married a farang.

Also Mikes story who met Noi in Pattaya and fell in love with Noi and through words, ending up inviting Noi to Europe and talks of getting married.

It just shows how people see each other and misreads situations.

http://www.pattayapages.com/girls/noi.html

Interesting read, and thankfully only some similarities to our story, though I have to think with such perfect English that it's a fictional piece, perhaps based on some truths.

In reply to post #70, couldnt reply direct, problem with quotes.

You don't mix with 'them' yet you are 'pointing out what goes on'?

How do you know 'what goes on' if you don't mix with 'them'? Rumours? Prejudiced assumptions?

I have worked along side some of the poor saps married to these girls
(I have also worked alongside others marrried to decent hardworking
Thai women who contribute to the marriage).

Frankly the stories they told me were almost unbelievable, there is
one guy who posts on here who went through what could only be described
as a living hell, I wont post the details as its not my intent to
embarrass the guy.

I have lived in the same area as others married to Thais and have seen what takes place.

I had to remind one of these LoSo who was spouting of racist rubbish
in Thai in a Thai supermarket in Manchester, that this is England, there
are no ai farang living here, this was said to her in Thai, all I got
was one of those eating shit smiles.

If I had said the same about Asians in English I dare say I would have been reported to some race relations board.

Just because I have never seen a snow leopard doesnt mean I dont believe they exist.

Best of luck to this guy, I hope he makes it, I was pointing out to be aware of the other Thais.

I have seen one poor Thai woman who was too naive, trusting and
desperate to make new friends in farangland being taken to the cleaners
by other Thais, glad to hear your experiences have been different.

RAZZ

I'm obviously out of date then - there's no need to be condescending though.

I didn't tell him to apply for a settlement visa, just suggested it was the only viable option. From how I read it he was already considering that option himself - maybe I read it wrong. I stand by my statement that it's his only option though - they're not going to give her a tourist visa are they?

I won't comment on your other points as I'm obviously not up to date, other than that the specific rules most have changed over the years.

RAZZ

I'm obviously out of date then - there's no need to be condescending though.

I'm not trying...just pointing it out thumbsup.gif

Simple fact is a visit visa can be obtained by anyone if they prove to the ECO they fill the criteria/requirements/rules...I know a few girls who were not...how shall we say... "the cream of Thai society" getting one on the first attempt...

RAZZ

how did my wf.find out what goes on in certain groups of thai's that get together,its something simular along the lines of,

"taste and try before you buy" and if you dont like it bin it.and thats what she done.

I'm finding it difficult to edit down the posts just to comment on the bits I want to sad.png

I don't know what LoSo means.

Some people don't think that addressing the issues we missed and that were raised by the ECO will be enough, we won't get a visa, and they're entitled to their opinions. Some people are kind enough to offer some advice of additional things to do that I might not have thought of, it's been said often that every little helps, and to those people we thank you for your help. But some people just wanna pre-judge and say bad about everybody. You don'y know me, you don't know my girlfriend, so why you have to stereotype. I think I've found a real gem, and it sounds like 7by7 has too, and while I accept there are relationships that fail, isn't it fair to say that every now and then some actually work out very well too?

>Indeed; they stopped routine interviews for all applicants, visit, settlement, study, work etc., some time ago,

I want to spend longer than a holiday with her before we get married, just to be sure we feel the same when we're together for months instead of just a couple of weeks. As she wants to come to the UK, and I want to keep my job, it makes sense she spends that time here with me rather than me giving up everything and moving to Thailand. We're going for a general visitor visa because it's the cheapest and because there are no pre-requisites like an English test or anything. We want to marry in Thailand because aside from being able to avoid a big do here, there's far more chance of my immediate family going to Thailand than there is of hers coming here. Assuming we make it that far we'll apply for a spouse visa for her to move here if she still wants to.

Fair enough. But then you shouldn't really be surprised if she's turned down for a Visitor's Visa as these are primarily for people who want to visit the UK on holiday.

Fair enough. But then you shouldn't really be surprised if she's turned down for a Visitor's Visa as these are primarily for people who want to visit the UK on holiday.

Oh shit, if you're not going to go to the beach while you're here you can't come in tongue.png Okay, where's that bucket and spade.

We weren't turned down because of how long she was going to visit for, or what she planned to do while she was here, we were turned down because we missed some documentation and thus failed to convince the ECO there's a genuine relationship and that she'll go home.

Okay, a summary of where we're at:

1. WorldSIM call logs don't match my phone number. Anybody could work out that as Orange charges a lot for calls to Thailand, I bought a WorldSIM exclusively for those calls, but as everyone has indicated I have to explain everything, even when it's obvious. So I'll be stating that in my sponsors letter in addition to including a copy of the box which the SIM came in as it shows the telephone number (I've included my driving license in the photocopy to show it's in my possession), and a printout of my registration details on WorldSIM (which don't include the phone number but at least show I have a WorldSIM account). Not sure I can add anything else to this?

2. Lack of Facebook and Skype chat logs casting doubt over my claim we talk every day. I stated in my sponsors letter that there's no export function for either of these but that didn't cut it, so I've taken onboard someone's suggestion to take screenshots of the Facebook chat log and will now be including pages showing chat on 26/27/28 November, 1/2/3/4/5/7/8 December, and 3/5/6/9/11 April. I've also printed screenshots of both of our Facebook "About" pages showing our status as being "X is in a relationship with Y". And I've managed to export 160 pages of Skype logs since we switched to using that on 8th December which I've edited down to show only video calls making it a far more reasonable 11 pages (I lose the fact that we chat without video for 30 minutes during my lunch every day, but they still show an hour or more of video chat every morning and considerably longer at the weekend). In conjunction with the itemised phone bills above I think I now show we're in constant contact every day.

3. No letter from her aunt. I'll be explaining in the sponsors letter that while we'll visit her aunt, she won't be staying with her. However, I've still got an email from her aunt indicating that we're both welcome to visit when she's here and wishing her luck with her re-application which was sent to both of us, along with copies of her and her husbands passports showing she's now a British citizen, and their marriage certificate (not that I think I need it but she's given it me so I may as well send it).

4. No proof of financial support from me, and no assets in Thailand that might encourage her to return. My payments have been quite random in both amount and method, but I am able to provide a copy of the bank transfer authorisation for money I sent to her in November, I can show ATM withdrawals in Thailand at the end of all 3 trips on my bank statements (plus receipts for each showing bank withdrawn from, date, and the amount in both GBP and THB), and I have transaction summaries and email receipts for all Western Union money transfers (the latter of which she can show as payments into her new bank account less 110B fees on each occasion). As for the lack of assets we'll be explaining that as an unmarried 23 year old girl she doesn't own land or a house (should I mention that sinsod paid when we marry will be given back as a wedding gift in the form of transfer of ownership of the family's land?), nor does she require a car or bike as she stays at home to look after her niece who lives with her and her parents (the baby's grandparents). I'll be including a couple of photos of her and the baby.

My sponsors letter will be rewritten, this time referring to the visa refusal notice explaining what we have done to address each issue raised, and the refusal will be included (my logic being if we just re-apply they may give new reasons for refusal, but if we include the original refusal notice with all the points addressed it's hard for them to refuse on a point not raised the first time, right?). They accepted from the photos provided that we have met each other, but is it worth adding some more from my third trip? With the photos that were already included showing that I've met her family, plus the additional information now provided explaining my second phone, proof of daily contact and my regular financial support I think I now show the existence of a genuine relationship, or is there anything more I can or should do? We stated before that we are aware she must return to Thailand before the visa expires but this time I'll be expanding on that stating that we would not wish to jeopardise our future plans together by over staying or breaching any other conditions of the visa. In fact we originally sought for her to stay for approximately 24 weeks from 31st March to some time in September, but as we still plan to marry in Thailand in October she'll now only be able to stay for approximately 16 weeks between early June and 5th October by the time the application has been reprocessed.

When I went for the second time in December I stayed with my GF in her apartment in Pattaya for a few days before we moved to a hotel after giving up her room. However, every hotel has always been booked over the Internet in my name using my credit card, so I'm not able to provide booking confirmations showing we stayed together, but I did send an email to one hotel in Bangkok on the third trip informing them that my GF would check-in before me in the afternoon and I would join her when my flight arrived in the evening. In my first sponsors letter I explained how the relationship developed but never named any of the hotels we stayed in or stated specifically that we stayed together, should I include that information this time as again doesn't that further show a genuine relationship?

She'll also be adding translated copies of her ID card and "house book" (is that what it's called? Basically it shows she lives with her parents and thus the reason why she has no assets), and a copy of her bank statement to match up against my money transfers (unfortunately she changed banks when she moved home so it doesn't show my November transfer, and nor did she ever pay in the cash I gave her).

Finally I'll include a more itemised "Index of supporting documentation" following seeing an example of one which was sent direct to me.

Have we missed anything (again) this time?

Edited by GarryUK

one thing gary if you have not already mentioned that you stayed at her appartment in pattaya[dont] otherwise they are going to ask what is she doing in pattaya to be able to pay the rent when you have already told them she doesnt work.photo's of family members and their children doesnt mean anything to them unless you have copies of id.and birth certificates,make sure she has not got any children as a mate of mine found out at the interview.then there is your financial situation,another is the time you have known each other,they have hundreds of short romances to look at and you cannot pull the wool over their eye's not suggesting thats what your trying to do.its 23years since i went to the embassy with my wf.and there was a lady in charge of interviews[mrs clare] honest,fair but she could spot an untrue answer a mile off every girl in pattaya knew her name so who is the bigwig now i have not seen anyone persons name mentioned.

anyway gary good luck dont buy the jumpers and jackets yet.

one thing gary if you have not already mentioned that you stayed at her appartment in pattaya[dont] otherwise they are going to ask what is she doing in pattaya to be able to pay the rent when you have already told them she doesnt work.

I never hid the fact that I met her in Pattaya where she worked in Family Mart (I even included a picture of her in her uniform at work), but I've never mentioned staying in her apartment. After we met she gave everything up and moved back home because I too didn't like the idea of her staying in Pattaya, too many (incorrect) assumptions for people to make about what's she's doing behind my back.

I never hid the fact that I met her in Pattaya where she worked in Family Mart (I even included a picture of her in her uniform at work), but I've never mentioned staying in her apartment. After we met she gave everything up and moved back home because I too didn't like the idea of her staying in Pattaya, too many (incorrect) assumptions for people to make about what's she's doing behind my back.

I thought you said last year that your girlfriend was a freelancer who you met after your previous girlfriend dumped you - is this a different girlfriend?

I apologise if I have got this wrong, I will admit to not reading all your threads in their entirety.

I really don't see why she can't visit here for 6 months....the ladies of 2 friends of mine both have been successful more than once on obtaining visitors visas to the UK, as far as I know one of them was knocked back and had to reapply but the other one has been coming here 6 months a year past 3 years.....

as far as these 'loso' Thais, my wifes been living here for 2 1/2 years now and through work got introduced to a circle of 'friends' that liked to visit the casino and go out till all hours, lucky for me that she see through them quite quickly or our marriage wouldn't still be happening.....but it isn't Thai related it's just a certain section of 'good time girls/gambling addicts' that could be from anywhere....

I do recommend to keep their minds occupied that they go out and earn their own money, get a taste of paying some bills and having responsibility, but surely that's just common sense!

to the OP keep plugging away and reapply, I wish you all the best thumbsup.gif