Expat Discovered Buried Under Koh Samui Home

The suspect has already been named, arrested and is in jail in Phuket for a murder he committed in Phuket. The body found in Samui was under the suspects home below concrete.

The above info is paraphrased from a source that does not want it's stories published on TV.

Maybe they don't want them published on TV because they might look like they are associated with the Nation, The Nation is the Thai version of the American Enquirer.

It is a shame that we here on an English forum are denied access to more accurate reporting.

As for the body in Koh Samui my money says he was involved in criminal activities with his murderers.

Having a good amount of money here doesn't mean that you've to be involved in any crime....---Dead witnesses don't remember much.-wai.gif

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

from the OP

Police were following up on information supplied by the wife of a Hungarian Expat, who is already in custody charged with another gruesome murder of a fellow countryman.

It sounds to me as though the wife of the Hungarian was the one who showed investigators where to dig, as if she knew all along, for the past 2 years, where the body was. The sentence appears to indicate that the wife is 'in custody...' whereas the latter part of the sentence is probably referencing her husband. Shoddy sentence structure.

In order to not get implicated for being 'an accessory to a crime' - perhaps she plea bargained - by imparting the crucial info. Someone asked earlier on a different thread: 'Do Thai cops have sniffer dogs?' That's a valid question here also.

from the OP

Police were following up on information supplied by the wife of a Hungarian Expat, who is already in custody charged with another gruesome murder of a fellow countryman.

It sounds to me as though the wife of the Hungarian was the one who showed investigators where to dig, as if she knew all along, for the past 2 years, where the body was. The sentence appears to indicate that the wife is 'in custody...' whereas the latter part of the sentence is probably referencing her husband. Shoddy sentence structure.

In order to not get implicated for being 'an accessory to a crime' - perhaps she plea bargained - by imparting the crucial info. Someone asked earlier on a different thread: 'Do Thai cops have sniffer dogs?' That's a valid question here also.

That's my thinking as well.

The suspect has already been named, arrested and is in jail in Phuket for a murder he committed in Phuket. The body found in Samui was under the suspects home below concrete.

The above info is paraphrased from a source that does not want it's stories published on TV.

Maybe they don't want them published on TV because they might look like they are associated with the Nation, The Nation is the Thai version of the American Enquirer.

It is a shame that we here on an English forum are denied access to more accurate reporting.

As for the body in Koh Samui my money says he was involved in criminal activities with his murderers.

Having a good amount of money here doesn't mean that you've to be involved in any crime....---Dead witnesses don't remember much.-wai.gif

In Thailand, all you need is a successful business and you are worm food.

Also rich Thais know that......biggrin.png

• Like 1

Thank you, "Cuban" for useful information. I don't understand why some commenters made fun of a crime instead of offering useful opinion or advice that others can use to protect themselves.

Looked to me like "Cuban" was making fun of the reporting style and not the crime itself.

I did nothing to make "fun" of this crime!

I did add emphasis to draw attention to the fact that the remains were discovered by Private Detectives that had to be employed by relatives to investigate a murder that was unresolved for two years. A fresh grave was not found when they searched two years ago? Maybe it was raining or too hot to bother!

AND that local police had to be HIRED to do what in the rest of the world is their JOB !!! (not sure if I need to add bold again?)

I had to paraphrase my original post's wording because it was mostly a straight cut n paste from a Thai news source that I believe is banned on this site.

I happen to have a few friends within the Hungarian community in Pattaya and only met a proper Mafia Boss once, he was very nice to me but I did feel that I was in the company of some very scary people.

from the OP

If the witness hadn't told them where to dig, how would the police have known where and/or if to dig ?

Edited by attento

I love the way papers describe them as business men, I know its not the medias's fault because they could hardly call them mafia men.

How would you know??

Fair point, maybe I just can't get my head around the fact that business men resort to killing each other when a deal goes wrong. In another paper it described the "killer" as a business man, business men don't typically act this way.

Let's just drop the mafia then and call them criminal aquantances.

• Like 1

I love the way papers describe them as business men, I know its not the medias's fault because they could hardly call them mafia men.

I love how we just assume they are mafia, as if legitimate businessmen/competition don't get murdered on a regular basis in Thailand.

I love how we just assume they are mafia, as if legitimate businessmen/competition don't get murdered on a regular basis in Thailand.

Please read the post just before yours, couldn't possibly get more diplomatic if I tried.

Watching this on Thai TV this morning the hole that had been excavated seemed to be about 3m deep and they were still digging. To find a body that deep, someone must have disclosed the location especially as it was underneath a house. This was not a chance find.

Watching this on Thai TV this morning the hole that had been excavated seemed to be about 3m deep and they were still digging. To find a body that deep, someone must have disclosed the location especially as it was underneath a house. This was not a chance find.

No you're right this is not a chance find---- the wife talked.

I suspect a lot of money has been paid out over the last 2 yrs

I also suspect the wife is more involved than currently indicated

If whoever reported it why did they wait 2 years

Surely the police searched the house for the lost occupant 2 yrs ago

No sign of a grave then--new soil---new concrete???

As usual we only get scraps of info thrown at us and we have to make up our own story

With the scrappy reports and mis-leading info that normally goes with them how can you blame our armchair detectives for trying to make a story more interesting----

I also do not think the police are either equipped,experienced or interested in getting too involved in something that is a non lucrative activity and is going to take a lot of professional effort

JUST MY OBSERVATIONS AND OPINION

• Like 1

Watching this on Thai TV this morning the hole that had been excavated seemed to be about 3m deep and they were still digging. To find a body that deep, someone must have disclosed the location especially as it was underneath a house. This was not a chance find.No you're right this is not a chance find---- the wife talked.I suspect a lot of money has been paid out over the last 2 yrsI also suspect the wife is more involved than currently indicatedIf whoever reported it why did they wait 2 yearsSurely the police searched the house for the lost occupant 2 yrs agoNo sign of a grave then--new soil---new concrete???As usual we only get scraps of info thrown at us and we have to make up our own storyWith the scrappy reports and mis-leading info that normally goes with them how can you blame our armchair detectives for trying to make a story more interesting----I also do not think the police are either equipped,experienced or interested in getting too involved in something that is a non lucrative activity and is going to take a lot of professional effortJUST MY OBSERVATIONS AND OPINION

U r right in a way normally when the media report on this stuff you may look at 3 different papers work the same story printing conflicting facts

For example if he was missing several years ago but has only been dead for 2 years then how come he was reported missing years before he was dead

I am I confussed with too many stories

Billionaire’s bones: another skeleton in closet of alleged Phuket killer
Phuket Gazette -

phuketnews_Mr_David_is_already_being_hel

Mr David is already being held in Phuket on a murder charge. Photo: Gazette file

Samui police, acting on a tip from their counterparts in Hungary, yesterday dug up a skeleton in the basement of a villa owned by Moshe David, who is currently awaiting trial in Phuket for the murder of Hungarian Peter Reisz last year

The bones are believed to belong to Laszlo Csepai, 39, a Hungarian billionaire and business partner of Mr David who has been missing since February 2011, explained Surat Thani Provincial Police Commander Kiattipong Khaosum-ang.

“We found the bones yesterday at about 1pm. They were buried at a depth of about three meters in the basement of a villa owned by Mr David,” Maj Gen Kiattipong said.

“The skull was broken and appeared to have been hit by a hard object,” he said.

Mr Csepai’s family had reported him missing to Hungarian police and hired a detective to find him. The detective was then able to locate a Hungarian businessman who had worked with both Mr David and Mr Csepai. The man was reported to the police and brought in for questioning, Maj Gen Kiattipong explained.

“The man told police that Mr David killed Mr Csepai and then asked him to help bury his body in the basement of his villa.

“He also claimed that Mr David threatened to kill him if he told anyone," Maj Gen Kiattipong said.

Hungarian police then contacted police in Samui to check if the bones were buried under the villa, leading to yesterday's discovery.

“We have sent the bones to the Institute of Forensic Medicine at Police General Hospital in Bangkok to determine if they are Mr Csepai’s,” Maj Gen Kiattipong said.

“If they are, Mr David will be brought to Samui for questioning,” he added.

“If the evidence indicates that Mr David killed Mr Csepai, he will be charged with murder. If he is found guilty of murder in Phuket, he will have to serve out his prison term there before being tried here,” Maj Gen Kiattipong explained.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Billionaire-s-bones-another-skeleton-in-closet-of-alleged-Phuket-killer-20862.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-04-22

I'm sorry Mark, but that is a silly generalisation. There are lots of succesful businesses here on Samui that are being run by farangs (and Thais), and the last time that I looked - they were all alive and well.

no i think this is a busines that was brought from overseas. That comment MArk is pethetic as it is a clear case of a forang illing a forang no Thais invloved at all apart from the poor wife who seems to have been pulled into this she is probably in deeper than she should be just by being married to this man. Seems like she must have been in a situation for years with the decission of either grass him up or lose your husband. do not grass him uop and help him to avoid getting killed or turn a blind eye which. in any way she is in a mess

in other words this is a home gown problem from Hungary

Edited by BigC

Billionaire’s bones: another skeleton in closet of alleged Phuket killer

Phuket Gazette -

phuketnews_Mr_David_is_already_being_hel

Mr David is already being held in Phuket on a murder charge. Photo: Gazette file

Samui police, acting on a tip from their counterparts in Hungary, yesterday dug up a skeleton in the basement of a villa owned by Moshe David, who is currently awaiting trial in Phuket for the murder of Hungarian Peter Reisz last year

The bones are believed to belong to Laszlo Csepai, 39, a Hungarian billionaire and business partner of Mr David who has been missing since February 2011, explained Surat Thani Provincial Police Commander Kiattipong Khaosum-ang.

“We found the bones yesterday at about 1pm. They were buried at a depth of about three meters in the basement of a villa owned by Mr David,” Maj Gen Kiattipong said.

“The skull was broken and appeared to have been hit by a hard object,” he said.

Mr Csepai’s family had reported him missing to Hungarian police and hired a detective to find him. The detective was then able to locate a Hungarian businessman who had worked with both Mr David and Mr Csepai. The man was reported to the police and brought in for questioning, Maj Gen Kiattipong explained.

“The man told police that Mr David killed Mr Csepai and then asked him to help bury his body in the basement of his villa.

“He also claimed that Mr David threatened to kill him if he told anyone," Maj Gen Kiattipong said.

Hungarian police then contacted police in Samui to check if the bones were buried under the villa, leading to yesterday's discovery.

“We have sent the bones to the Institute of Forensic Medicine at Police General Hospital in Bangkok to determine if they are Mr Csepai’s,” Maj Gen Kiattipong said.

“If they are, Mr David will be brought to Samui for questioning,” he added.

“If the evidence indicates that Mr David killed Mr Csepai, he will be charged with murder. If he is found guilty of murder in Phuket, he will have to serve out his prison term there before being tried here,” Maj Gen Kiattipong explained.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Billionaire-s-bones-another-skeleton-in-closet-of-alleged-Phuket-killer-20862.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2013-04-22

he must have been easy to find as how many forangs walk around with a tea towl on their heads. he looks like a killer. just by looking at him. he is guilty for sure.

i wonder if he took it off people would tell him to take that mask off and put the tea towl back on your head.

is it because he is ugly that he is wearing it. does he turn people into stone

When we say we like to lay good foundations

It doesnt mean..........oh never mind.

Probably to hard to get any concrete explination from her on the planning permision. rotfl..... Let this be the text book example to would be pensioners on how not to invest in a lovely property over looking the sea. This is the main problem with Thailand. You book a holiday for 1 month and end up staying much longer than your original plans. You can get tied up and swamped in property in your not careful. Lol

• Like 1

When we say we like to lay good foundations

It doesnt mean..........oh never mind.

Probably to hard to get any concrete explination from her on the planning permision. rotfl..... Let this be the text book example to would be pensioners on how not to invest in a lovely property over looking the sea. This is the main problem with Thailand. You book a holiday for 1 month and end up staying much longer than your original plans. You can get tied up and swamped in property in your not careful. Lol

he was litterly in deep with this particular property. lol

Since when was Hungary classed as "Eastern bloc"? And who said anything about it being Mafia? I heard the murdered guy was a wealthy business man (hence a private detective being hired) who ended up murdered by his business partner. How does that turn into an international eastern bloc gangster murder? Reading too many crime novels.

Well it's safe to say there is a rough element living in Thailand from the former Eastern Bloc countries. Now the Thais are sitting watching stories of farang serial murderers knocking around in their country. crazy.gif

Yes, definitely a few undesirables from continental Europe have made LOS home but still only a drop in the ocean compared with thousands of British active or ex crims

You have evidence and statistics to support this of course? Perhaps you could share the details with us.

Since when was Hungary classed as "Eastern bloc"? And who said anything about it being Mafia? I heard the murdered guy was a wealthy business man (hence a private detective being hired) who ended up murdered by his business partner. How does that turn into an international eastern bloc gangster murder? Reading too many crime novels.

Hungary was part of the Warsaw Pact countries and oppressed by the former Soviet Union (ever hear of "the Hungarian Uprising" ?).

From memory the previous reports suggested the accused murderer is a Hungarian Jew. Many so called "businessmen" in former Eastern bloc countries have connections with criminal gangs that came to prominence after the fall of communism. Hungry, Czech Rebuplic, Poland, Slovakia all have this problem which is well commentated on. How do you think some people prospered in those countries and others didn't - all by honest hard work and endeavour?

Not reading too many crime novels - just reading the news regularly.

Hungary was part of the Warsaw Pact countries and oppressed by the former Soviet Union (ever hear of "the Hungarian Uprising" ?).

From memory the previous reports suggested the accused murderer is a Hungarian Jew. Many so called "businessmen" in former Eastern bloc countries have connections with criminal gangs that came to prominence after the fall of communism. Hungry, Czech Rebuplic, Poland, Slovakia all have this problem which is well commentated on. How do you think some people prospered in those countries and others didn't - all by honest hard work and endeavour?

Well, according to your logic the richest Hungarian must then be the mafia Don or have had most criminal connections. Shall we ask George Soros??

Well, according to your logic the richest Hungarian must then be the mafia Don or have had most criminal connections. Shall we ask George Soros??

if you want answers as to Europian gansgters watch the film called " hostel "

It really is embarrassing to get your basic rebuttal fact so wrong isn't it?. cheesy.gif

Poor guy, RIP.

2 years is a long time, he will have to pay a serios overstay fine.

How can anyone serious say, "Poor guy, rest in peace."

For all you know, he may have been the lowest scumbag on the planet.