Sailor Bar Soi 8 Brawl

Lostom

Osbourne was obviously NOT referring to the Sailor Bar!!!

"That music bar on the beach", - - and male staff who turned on the farang..... This was the place on beach road where they have life music, NOT the sailor bar.

Thanks to the OP for sharing, I'll avoid this dyke bar from now on, always had a dodgy feeling there... But the price of beer was right, no loud music and the "girls" there certainly left men in peace....

May be because the girls are actually dykes and way over the hill. Or may be because the drinks are so cheap,they know they will not be getting anythinggiggle.gif

seen a similar incident few years in that music bar on the beach between Soi 7 &8... all the male staff turned on some old drunk guy in a swarm....the full works, flying kicks the lot !!

couldn't believe how they turned from smiling waiters to a bunch of thugs ... Some youngish farang guy tried to help but to run away as they turned on him as well ..

As the saying goes " the Thais are the nicest people in the world..... until they're not"

And it's not a music bar.

It's a restaurant/bar.

You TROLL

I have serious reservations about you being a teacherrolleyes.gif

Read again what he said "in that music bar on the beach between Soi 7 &8"

There is a bar complex with live music between the soisw00t.gif

Your correction is accepted. My mistake. Sorry.

PS I'm not a qualified teacher, just using me degree to stay here. I'm just a sexpat. Who cares in Pattaya? No one.

It just keeps getting worse with every post you make, but i still believe you are a stud muffinbiggrin.png

Apology accepted, but it should not be to me, but to Mr Osborrnewai.gif

PS. The paying parents might care a little

Edited by lemoncake

I used to eat in Sailor Bar occasionally five years or so ago til I copped some of the rudest service you are likely to get anywhere from the dykes who run the place.

It is not confined to Sailor Bar thou as it seems a lot of these smaller places from my experience seem to have service that ranges from very good one day to appalling the next.

I usually eat at Big C or Central these days if I am out and about less hassles and service levels generally better and next to no chance of being beaten up or abused.

My latest trend when I go for long distance rides on my bike is to stop for lunch at a Tesco. Most of them have a prepared meals with fried rice, chicken leg and a little salad for under 30thb including a plastic spoon. I also buy some fresh fruit and some yoghurt and other treats and use the plastic spoon to eat it:

Example menu

Islamic yellow rice with raisins, chicken leg, half boiled egg and salad 25 THB

Tub of yoghurt 12 THB

Donut or other sweetie from the bakery section 10 THB

Tray of freshly sliced fruit (dragon, guava etc) 15 THB

Small bottle of dutch milk 15 THB

Total for healthy and tasty lunch: 77 THB

I suppose its healthy for an american but not anyone else.

The only things that are healthy for you are the fruit and boiled egg and possibly the salad!!

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

I used to eat in Sailor Bar occasionally five years or so ago til I copped some of the rudest service you are likely to get anywhere from the dykes who run the place.

It is not confined to Sailor Bar thou as it seems a lot of these smaller places from my experience seem to have service that ranges from very good one day to appalling the next.

I usually eat at Big C or Central these days if I am out and about less hassles and service levels generally better and next to no chance of being beaten up or abused.

My latest trend when I go for long distance rides on my bike is to stop for lunch at a Tesco. Most of them have a prepared meals with fried rice, chicken leg and a little salad for under 30thb including a plastic spoon. I also buy some fresh fruit and some yoghurt and other treats and use the plastic spoon to eat it:

Example menu

Tub of yoghurt 12 THB

wow, you really go all the way and know how to spoil yourself

I enjoy being frugal and smart with my money and health. Those choices enabled me to retiree at 45 and I now have the time and freedom to do as I wish.

No I don't eat lobster for lunch. But today I made love all morning and then slept until midday...cant say that I miss the lobster...

Edited by Phronesis

That is one high class establishment.

Brilliant place, I have been using it for about 20 years and never had a problem, its a Pattaya institution, the staff make the place, escpecially "Big Mama".

Another farang <deleted> gets the shit beaten out him for being a <deleted>, great stuff, will be in there on Wed night, one of the best places in Pattaya, well done the staff, Thai 1, farang <deleted> 0.

Sounds like you keep great company.

No, but I know a great deal deal when I see it.

Neither my mrs or I are fake HiSo, I go there for what it is, not the company.

Try it some time, you may like it, one of the most un pretentious places in Pattaya.

I wonder how many farang bar managers must cry them selves to sleep every night because they cant offer this value for money.

I have said before and will say again, great place, some of the gin palaces, clip joints and knocking shops in Pattaya should take a leaf out of this place.

I love it.

• Like 2

Example menu

Tub of yoghurt 12 THB

wow, you really go all the way and know how to spoil yourself

I enjoy being frugal and smart with my money and health. Those choices enabled me to retiree at 45 and I now have the time and freedom to do as I wish.

No I don't eat lobster for lunch. But today I made love all morning and then slept until midday...cant say that I miss the lobster...

So it was not the lobster who you made love to?biggrin.png

Brilliant place, I have been using it for about 20 years and never had a problem, its a Pattaya institution, the staff make the place, escpecially "Big Mama".

Another farang <deleted> gets the shit beaten out him for being a <deleted>, great stuff, will be in there on Wed night, one of the best places in Pattaya, well done the staff, Thai 1, farang <deleted> 0.

Sounds like you keep great company.

No, but I know a great deal deal when I see it.

Neither my mrs or I are fake HiSo, I go there for what it is, not the company.

Try it some time, you may like it, one of the most un pretentious places in Pattaya.

I wonder how many farang bar managers must cry them selves to sleep every night because they cant offer this value for money.

I have said before and will say again, great place, some of the gin palaces, clip joints and knocking shops in Pattaya should take a leaf out of this place.

I love it.

From memory 90 baht for steak in mushroom sauce is sure a great deal and i do envy the place, because for the same size steak to buy raw is around 55 baht.

So either they have a really great and cheap supplier or work on turnover rather than profit.

Sure i can offer steaks for 60 baht, but i would not want to waste my time and also up keep of my business costs money.

Each to their own.

PS. You should try the steaks at beefeater on soi dianna, triple the price but double the taste and size

I have never made love to a lobster, but I've had some that smelled the same.

• Like 1

Lobster or crabs?

• Like 1

Next time, use this

post-157118-0-20172900-1366647768_thumb.

Lobster or crabs?

He got the crabs, but it smelled like a lobstertongue.png

At post #37.

So either they have a really great and cheap supplier or work on turnover rather than profit.

Wrong, what kills most places in Pattaya is the rent they pay.

Have you ever heard of, small profit large turnover.

My mrs would rather sell ten beers for a dollar than a beer for 10 dollars.

George, please sort this out will you.

The latest update is crap.

• Like 1

At post #37.

In my book, someone who lowers his selling prices because he doesn't have to pay rent as he owns the place, loses money every month to or over the amount of rent his place is worth.

At post #37.

And I would rather sell 10 beers at $10 each then waste my time for $1

Sure low rent helps, but my idea of a business is to make money not just to break even

At post #37.

Sure low rent helps, but my idea of a business is to make money not just to break even

but my idea of a business is to make money not just to break even

Who said anything about breaking even?

What about those people whose only reason for setting up a business is, just to piss someone else off?

We aint all in business to make money.

Some of us have more money than sense, for some its all about "face".

My mrs , sorry wont bother you with the details.

At post #37.

What about those people whose only reason for setting up a business is, just to piss someone else off?

I can't say one gains much face with a slumb that's called sailor bar.

At post #37.

Strange but interesting rant...please enlighten us

At post #37.

I can't say one gains much face with a slumb that's called sailor bar.

Have you ever been to the Sailor Bar on Soi 8?

There is no way anyone can describe it as a slum.

It's a pleasant establishment with good food at a reasonable price with friendly staff.

Whisper it...it's a German owned bar - shock horror!

Whisper it...it's a German owned bar - shock horror!

I have seen posts on this forum previously who named the owners of Sailor bar, and remember them to be Thai.

Edited by jbrain

At post #37.

Yeah, people have different understanding of face.

Some sell BMW and some proton

Saw a drunk Thai beaten to a pulp in one of the gogo bars in Diamond square. I don't know what it was about but he was kicked out in the street after his first beating only to stagger back in a few minutes later for another one. When the waiters had him lying motionless on the floor floor from a rain of kicks and punches the mamasan picked up a heavy wooden bar stool and bashed him over the head with it to finish him off. Then they picked him up like a bag of rubbish and tossed him back out into the street. They rang the bell and offered a free drink to customers to apologise for the disturbance and everyone cheered loudly. My friends and I refused the free drinks, paid the bill and left sickened. Surprisingly the victim was no longer lying in the road by the time we left. I think it was the same bar that beat up some minor Canadian film star a couple of years ago.

Only been using it for 6 months,but I like the place.Cheap good food and drinks and a non-pushy staff.And "Big Mama" certainly speaks out if a#*Æ-holes and obnoxious <deleted> strolls in..........Grreat place for me thumbsup.gif