Sandwich Toaster

JoePai

I just bought a local brand and it works perfect. We rely on UK Branded products like Phillips, Tefal etc., but look on the bow and it lays says, "Made in China" "Made in Taiwan" or indeed, "Made in Thailand". The brand name is only a badge. How much of a BMW Mini is a BMW? Just the badge. Ford make the panels, Peugeot the engine etc.

I just bought a local brand and it works perfect. We rely on UK Branded products like Phillips, Tefal etc., but look on the bow and it lays says, "Made in China" "Made in Taiwan" or indeed, "Made in Thailand". The brand name is only a badge. How much of a BMW Mini is a BMW? Just the badge. Ford make the panels, Peugeot the engine etc.

Not true.

It could be the difference between quality of parts and such.

We had a cheap no name one once, shat itself reasonably quick, think the wires melted, sometimes plugs fall apart.

We have had a Philips one for years.

Well worth the extra little bit.

I'd like to keep it really simple and get one of those stove top sandwich makers. The kind that is hinged with long handles. ever seen one of those here??

never seen those stove top kind, why not the electric type? works decently and i bought my pretty cheap, below 1000 baht

I'd like to keep it really simple and get one of those stove top sandwich makers. The kind that is hinged with long handles. ever seen one of those here??

never seen those stove top kind, why not the electric type? works decently and i bought my pretty cheap, below 1000 baht

I've grown to appreciate manual kitchen appliances, as they last longer, work in blackouts and are usually more efficient.

I have a manual coffee grinder that is cast iron, grinds coffee perfectly and it will outlast me and I've gone thru at least 6 electric ones before I went manual.

Also have a counter top manual food processor that works better than a Cuisinart.

Now looking for a stove top sandwich maker..........

I've gone thru at least 5 blenders in 10 yrs, the last one being a Phillips that lasted 2 yrs and gasket is unavailable because they have new models.

• Like 2

I've grown to appreciate manual kitchen appliances, as they last longer, work in blackouts and are usually more efficient.

I have a manual coffee grinder that is cast iron, grinds coffee perfectly and it will outlast me and I've gone thru at least 6 electric ones before I went manual.

Also have a counter top manual food processor that works better than a Cuisinart.

Now looking for a stove top sandwich maker..........

I've gone thru at least 5 blenders in 10 yrs, the last one being a Phillips that lasted 2 yrs and gasket is unavailable because they have new models.

I want one now too.

Buy one and get it sent over... http://www.sharkdesigns.co.uk/bushcraft/bushcraft_articles_and_advice/COOKING/rome_pie_irons.html

or http://toastite.biz/

toas-tite-leadjpg-702e15fe0a0b37de.jpg

Edited by itchybum

Non stick frying pan and a pat of butter, works every time.

I second this. Use an existing pan instead of buying another single-use small appliance that will be hard to clean, take up space and eventually break. I grill all kinds of sandwiches open-faced on my cast iron griddle, but any large, flat-bottomed pan should work.

grilled-cheese-on-griddle31-300x225.jpg

Bought a couple of years ago a panini press in the Mall/Bangkapi (I think it was a Verasu branch, not sure). Use it several times a week, yummi ;-)

To my surprise, recently found out that nearby kitchen paradise is Phnom Phem, I saw in the stores there many models, and even impossible to find things here like Kenwood meat mincers, bread makers etc. Prices were European standard. Just a pity I could buy just a little due to airline restrictions on weight ;-(

They sell them in Robinsons not expensive. if you are looking for a rolls royce type no idea. hell its just a kitchen appliance, the cheese will cost you more than the toaster/

• 3 weeks later...

theres a big supplier festival on at impact exhibition centre in nonthaburi. i went and it was awesome. lots of free food and eye candy. there was a load of toasters and things like that. i even saw a panini grill for 28000 baht.

i'm not sure but i think the 26th is the last day. otherwise check out makro or another equipment supplier