New Visa Regs For July

There is a serious mistranslation in the New Visa Regulations that are due to come into force in July 2004

A foreigner who entered the Kingdom before October 21st, 1998 must be under 60 years of age and must.............

This should read "must be OVER 60...." not under.

An old friend of mine nearly had a heart attack when he read this, "I cannot stay any longer." he said in a worried voice.

I hope the Thai version of the regulations got it right.

The other way makes no sense

There is a serious mistranslation in the New Visa Regulations that are due to come into force in July 2004

A foreigner who entered the Kingdom before October 21st, 1998 must be under 60 years of age and must.............

astral, where did you or your friend see these new regulations that are due to come out officially in july?

so you are referring to the Retirement visa (O-A) Thailand please post more...

the question i think many want to know is about the "non immigrant O visa extension" bank balance requirement. if that will increase form 200k to 400k. some immigration officers have told me it will after july. it would be interesting to know for sure once and for all.

astral, where did you or your friend see these new regulations that are due to come out officially in july?

so you are referring to the Retirement visa (O-A) Thailand please post more...

the question i think many want to know is about the "non immigrant O visa extension" bank balance requirement. if that will increase form 200k to 400k. some immigration officers have told me it will after july. it would be interesting to know for sure once and for all.

Come on Huski...nothing here is for sure. :D The current stories from Immigration are that those already in will be grandfathered. Another tale gaining currency is that the increases will be postponed...but who knows ... T i T :o The 60 years is puzzling, because regulation amendments clearly state the age of retiree's to be 50 years and over.

Come on Huski...nothing here is for sure.
i agree, dr pp

just interested where astral got his source from, thats why i made it bold...could be a troll

The 60 years is puzzling, because regulation amendments clearly state the age of retiree's to be 50 years and over.

very puzzling is what i thought too, this forum will freak out if immigration changes the age to 60

5.1 If the applicant is 60 years old or older, he/she must have a definite income of not less than 200,000 baht per year or not less than 20,000 baht per month.

This is the old rule as currently shown on Immigration Police Website which would still apply to a foreigner who entered the kingdom prior to (the 1998 change?).

Agree that it would be very helpful for the original poster to provide details. :o