Re-Entry Permit

tomahawk

last two times i got one (once a year, past 2 yrs) i arrived around 10:30 am and was out before lunch....

that said: you can get one at the airport, with proper documents, photos and money

Only if your flight is leaving from chiang mai. If it is leaving the country from BKK you need to get it in BKK

Was in immigration last week, if you are leaving tonight or tomorrow, ie you urgently need your exit visa, they are asking you to wait until 3pm or so and then processing them.

Same if you need an extension because your visa expires today.

Can you get your re-entry permit at the airport at any time or do you have to wait until your flight is leaving? I have my e-ticket already and would like to get the permit say a week before the flight. My flight leaves at 11pm so I doubt if they would be open then. Even if you were leaving during business hours it seems risky to wait until you are leaving.

Can you get your re-entry permit at the airport at any time or do you have to wait until your flight is leaving? I have my e-ticket already and would like to get the permit say a week before the flight. My flight leaves at 11pm so I doubt if they would be open then. Even if you were leaving during business hours it seems risky to wait until you are leaving.

When the flight is leaving otherwise there would be a huge overflow from the immigration office for those wanting re-entry.

You can get your re-entry at any time during the validity of your visa.

Last Friday I got a Re-Entry Permit at CM Immigration. I arrived at about 7:35am. There was already a very long line formed waiting for them to open at 8am. This had me depressed but as it turned out I got que no. 20 for the re-entry station. I got called at 9am, and got my passport back at 9:45am.

I think it would be prudent to go a little earlier, actually.

When the flight is leaving otherwise there would be a huge overflow from the immigration office for those wanting re-entry.

You mean there's a long wait at immigration?

I thought people were in and out in 20 minutes. biggrin.png

Edited by uptheos

I thought people were in and out in 120 minutes. :D

2 hours? Or----

I thought people were in and out in 120 minutes. biggrin.png

2 hours? Or----

laugh.png I must have 2 hours on the brain in reality......have edited post 11 accordingly to 20 mins, thanks wai.gif

Edited by uptheos