Is Soi Buakhow The Walking Street For Expats In Pattaya?

detinu68

I think both can be fun even for expats. I don't like the mass package tourists on WS though. There are too many of them and they get in my way. They only gawk and don't go into the bars. It doesn't make sense. They come to a place like Pattaya and don't buy a beer. Up to them I guess.

I live just off Soi Boukow so it's living street for me. I eat and drink there almost daily. I'm a long time expat here.

How is your health if u are a long time expat and drink everyday??????

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walking Street is still the place to go if it's gogos and girls that you're after. There are few (if any) places like Baby Dolls, Windmill, Private Dancer, X-Zone, Sugarbaby, Supergirl/baby, Baccara, Peppermint, What's Up, Heaven Above and the new super gogo Sensations in Soi Buakhow. And even the quieter gogos like Spanky's, Mandarin, Silver Star, Lighthouse, Shark, Tiger, Roxy, Iron, Airport, Ginza, Glasshouse, Pepes, Diamond, Gentlemen's Club, Alcatraz, Bada Bing, Rhino, Living Dolls, The Sea, Naughty Girls, Nui's, Moon, New Star are on a par with the Buakhow gogos.

So, no it's not the new Walking Street.

So its u that sits there being voyeuristic,with a draught chang for an hour

Next time, say hello!

I will,but u will have to have a thaivisa badge on,so many draught chang drinkers in the go-go bARS NOW.Do u slobber,that could be a sign

I generally only go there for the market and for the large clinic.

Christmas dinner at the coins is good. As is breakfast.

go-go bars? no thanks. Give me live music or the EPL and F1 any day over go-go bars. Pole dancers are like strippers, seen one, seen them all.

unlike the EPL or the F1. EPL is a bunch of dudes kicking a ball till it runs into a net for 90 minutes and the F1 is another bunch of dudes driving around in a circle a hundred times right? :-)

At least with the strippers you can interact. Try yelling when watching EPL or F1 on tv, and see if anyone listens :-)

Edited by monkeycountry

lol in the words of one well known LK metro bar owner " One day LK "will be THE walking street" of Pattaya................yeah nah.. I do WS once a week, aint been in LK for nearly 3 years and do not see any reason to go there any time soon.

I would say he was right, if you haven't been down there for 3 years I would recommend that you go take a look.

The place has exploded over the last 3 years, you will not recognise the place. Lots of money has been spent on a load of big new gogo's,

Was there last night, the soi was buzzing and the gogo's packed to the rafters with girls and customers.

lol in the words of one well known LK metro bar owner " One day LK "will be THE walking street" of Pattaya................yeah nah.. I do WS once a week, aint been in LK for nearly 3 years and do not see any reason to go there any time soon.

I would say he was right, if you haven't been down there for 3 years I would recommend that you go take a look.

The place has exploded over the last 3 years, you will not recognise the place. Lots of money has been spent on a load of big new gogo's,

Was there last night, the soi was buzzing and the gogo's packed to the rafters with girls and customers.

I'll take your word for as I find that part of town to be nothing more than a glorified slum full on football hooligans.

I'll take your word for as I find that part of town to be nothing more than a glorified slum full on football hooligans.

Fair enough and each to their own, not sure what you could possibly find so attractive about WS though?

I was down LK Metro last night. All bars and Go Go's were packed. Checked out Funhouse, I liked this one the most. I don't think it will ever become as big or as popular as Walking Street (WS) but for me who lives near Soi Bhuakhow I can't see any reason to go down to WS when I have everything happening just a short walk away. WS has become a chore to do, I can get my Go Go fix in LK metro no problems.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update Ling Kae. Some are tipping that many of the bars will be pushed back to Bukhao and beyond as rents rise along the beachfront - in some cases, I think it's wishful thinking but definitely interesting times ahead for Patts. I never cease to be amazed by some of the odd spots where people have tried t set up a bar, clearly on the expectation that sooner or later the punters would come to their corner of Pattaya - hell of a gamble.

Thanks for the update Ling Kae. Some are tipping that many of the bars will be pushed back to Bukhao and beyond as rents rise along the beachfront - in some cases, I think it's wishful thinking but definitely interesting times ahead for Patts. I never cease to be amazed by some of the odd spots where people have tried t set up a bar, clearly on the expectation that sooner or later the punters would come to their corner of Pattaya - hell of a gamble.

There is a new Aussie Bar that was just built up on the corner of South Pattaya road and 3rd Road. It is called The Walkabout Creek Pub. When I first saw it I thought, where will the customers come from? There is no foot traffic around there and very little parking plus it appears to be an open air pub (think massive exhaust fumes there). It could be a flop but I've been wrong many times before. I wouldn't have taken that position on, bit too much risk of no customers for me.

Edited by Ling Kae

There is a new Aussie Bar that was just built up on the corner of South Pattaya road and 3rd Road. It is called The Walkabout Creek Pub. When I first saw it I thought, where will the customers come from? There is no foot traffic around there and very little parking plus it appears to be an open air pub (think massive exhaust fumes there). It could be a flop but I've been wrong many times before. I wouldn't have taken that position on, bit too much risk of no customers for me.

There is plenty of parking in behind that small complex, as for the bar itself Danny is quiet a character and his Rost Lamb Rolls are awesome.