Bios Corrupt - 8 Month Old Computer

davejonesbkk

you should download the latest version bios for your MB, flash it to latest version since your current version 's buggy.

(NOW RAINYSEASON'S COMING, MORE THUNDER STORMS,IT COULD EFFECT YOUR MB IF YOU DON'T UPDATE)

no

risk at all, just DOUBLE CLICK AND run the downloaded file.(MAKE SURE

NO SUDDEN POWER CUT OFF IN THE PROCESS OF UPDATING, BETTER TURNING ON

YOUR UPS )

IF YOU DON'T TRUST YOURSELF, BRING IT TO GYGABYTE THAILAND DISTRIBUTOR IN BKK, LET THEIR TECHNICIAN DO IT FOR YOU

Again your knowledge is seriously lacking as there is only the 1 production BIOS version. The BIOS will not be 'buggy' but may well be infected.

Restoring for the BIOS backup held on board is not a good idea as IF the BIOS is infected it will simply screw the backup as well! An infected BIOS will screw your MBR so best to flush it as mentioned by a couple of BM's and reconfigure it your self.

(NOW RAINYSEASON'S COMING, MORE THUNDER STORMS,IT COULD EFFECT YOUR MB IF YOU DON'T UPDATE)

What on earth does this statement mean!

Sorry but I think it wise to offer advice on matters you are familar with rather than scare a BM who openly admits he is not so tech savvy.

ThaiVisa Forum is one of the last places I would go to for information about repairing a computer. Just looking at the advice on this topic tells me that a few people have a reasonable knowledge of what to do and many are clueless.

You will find it difficult to discern which information is good or bad on this site and many others. It appears that you have limited technical knowledge and should avoid doing anything you don't understand because you can create even more problems. If the problem returns, go to your original dealer as you are in warranty. If he will not help then get the help of a good repair shop or send the mb directly to Gigabyte in Thailand.

Couldn't agree more. There are plenty of better places to look for technical advice. When I have an issue with a condition in my htaccess file I don't come here for advice.

1. Manufacture support site

2. Manufacture forum

(do 1 and 2 at the same time)

3. Independent technical forum relating to specific hardware type (in this situation motherboard forum)

4. Independent generic technical forum

5. Return to manufacturer under warranty (as a result of 1)

6= Decent IT technician outlet. These do exist in Thailand, they are just difficult to identify. Sadly the people who can identify them already know their answers to don't have to.

6= ThaiVisa (mainly to help with the above point)

There are plenty of people posting on TV that do know their stuff. Sadly the point I make in #6 precludes this as your option unless you are talking about something simple and software related (how do I install anti-virus, how do I clear my browser). "BIOS corrupt" on ThaiVisa is a little like suffering a stroke and going to Tesco pharmacy for a cure.

My mum thinks she's technically minded. 95% of the times I remote access her computer she has managed to open Thunderbird 7 times....AGAIN! Some of my clients think they are technically minded. The clever ones know they are not and are happy to pay my bills.