Phuket Tourist Shooting Aussies Get Bail

webfact

The quoting thingies are all upt-schupt now.

So Lemoncake, you are referring to a businessman in Sydney's red light district who has a brother who may have connections to an Aus bikie gang being on on Phuket on holiday at the time of the incident.

Or, as I may conclude from your posts, you are referring to an underworld boss coming to Thailand and ordering the foot-soldiers to stamp a bit of authority out in the new territories.

Semantics, but it would seem a tad questionable for any underworld-types or serious bikie gang-types to ask anyone to shoot at someone in a public area where innocent people would be wandering around.

I don't know any big time criminals or bikies (my husband has worked with and\or is friends with men who are), but I'm sure neither of these would want to see anyone waving a gun in any public area, anywhere in the world as there would be a fair chance that innocents could be shot.

Edited by Konini
  • Like 1

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Lemoncake, you are referring to a businessman in Sydney's red light district who has a brother who may have connections to an Aus bikie gang being on on Phuket on holiday at the time of the incident.

Or, as I may conclude from your posts, you are referring to an underworld boss coming to Thailand and ordering the foot-soldiers to stamp a bit of authority out in the new territories.

Semantics, but it would seem a tad questionable for any underworld-types or serious bikie gang-types to ask anyone to shoot at someone in a public area where innocent people would be wandering around.

I don't know any big time criminals or bikies (my husband has worked with and\or is friends with men who are), but I'm sure neither of these would want to see anyone waving a gun in any public area, anywhere in the world as there would be a fair chance that innocents could be shot.

I do not know, but find it rather unusual that the shooting took place around the time of a visit,

May be they wanted to show off, may be they were ordered to flex some muscle

As i said, i have been living here for over 10 years,so not up to date on the latest developments

To me, the shooter looks like a foot soldier, to be "promoted" he needs to prove himself. Something like this, may give the promotion and a step onto bigger "better" things

O

The Thai authorities are so busy arresting a young Russian girl for selling tickets to a Thai operated tour/show/boat ride etc that they have neglected to see these groups get bigger and stronger.

I have no doubt "tea money" is paid, but you would think when they start shooting innocent tourist, they would round them up and send them back to where they come from, instead, they give them bail and allow them to continue their operation, and that operation is not just tattoos.

And there, I think, you've hit on the point that has been crying out to be made

Edited by Konini

To me, the shooter looks like a foot soldier, to be "promoted" he needs to prove himself. Something like this, may give the promotion and a step onto bigger "better" things

Frankly, if they worked for me they'd get a slap around the head for making such a complete and utter hash of things!

They carried it for protection from rival MC clubs.

Ah, so the rumours of trouble with bikie gangs over here are true. I thought I'd left that kind of nonsense behind when I left Australia.

Were you involved with bikie gangs? if not how exactly did they affect your life?coffee1.gif

Quite right. We should leave them all alone and let them blow up they're rival clubhouses like who was it, Vagabonds or Banditios, BDR, Satans Choice and on and on.

• Like 1

Look, ive gotta say - and I know most of you will scorn me for this - I think fair play to the bloke. If some idiot borrowed 380K from me and didnt pay it back, whilst continuing to live the good life in paradise, I would be happy to take simmilar action.

Of course I wouldnt because I am not that stupid and I dont have the balls anyway. But putting a couple of slugs in a blokes legs for taking you for a mug... why not?

Its obviously a shame that the the two tourists got hit though.

Just my opinion. Please just leave me alone for saying so, ok?

Exactly. Its called taking the law into your own hands, because the cops wont do anything