Do U Lik Thai Songs?

Om85

Hey, I curious to noa if ya like Thai songs and waat do ya tink about em, me myself lov em, I found em funny, but must of farang that I noa dislik em, so it woul be nice to noa if ya lik em and why, heer I let ya a nice one wai2.gif

Edited by Om85
  • Like 1

I like Thai music.

Lots of very nice melodies.

Beside that,

I'm curious why you suddenly write as you were very young. Your previous posts seem to be written by an adult.

Please don't take it as an insult.

• Like 2

I like Thai music.

Beside that,

I'm curious why you suddenly write as you were very young. Your previous posts seem to be written by an adult.

Ohh, I just saw it, sorry, I usually writ lik that, i learned englsih wid jamaicans, and I am only 27, I try to spell well when writing heer cuz some poster lik to make fun of people whos mother language is not english but usually I write like this ;)

Yes, I like some but the majority seem to be about lost love. Girl meets boy, boy goes with another girl and vise versa. Gets a bit boring after a while. Some good funny ones also.

Every song tends to sound the same as the next one. I suppose its the copying culture they have here. But occasionally a cracker seeps through and they are a hit.

Funny too, that I can't play my music loud as wife turns it down. She puts Thai music and no volume is loud enough. strange that. blink.png

• Like 2

I like Thai music.

Beside that,

Ohh, I just saw it, sorry, I usually writ lik that, i learned englsih wid jamaicans, and I am only 27, I try to spell well when writing heer cuz some poster lik to make fun of people whos mother language is not english but usually I write like this wink.png

Understand.

smile.png

I also liked the one you posted.

Always enjoy when there is a comical theme to the song as well.

I love Thai music and have sung with some Thai bands. My wife's brother is Kong Koey from the famous band Rock Kong Koey that gave us the rock kantruum sound. I sequence some of the Thai songs including those posted above and add the lyrics so that I can sing along when I play the keyboards. I learnt Thai 30 years ago when learning to sing Carabao and Bird songs. Love the Reggae bands like Job 2 Do. Thais appreciate it if you sing Thai songs, or in my Wife's case Khymer.

• Like 1

I have listened to allot of Thai music & absorbed much through osmosis as my wife & daughters often hijack the car sterio, I prefer the country music of Dtai Oratai & some of her peers although they all carry the same message of loves labours lost, I do prefer the sound of the Isan & Northern styles over that of the south.

• Like 1

I guess the question really is do you like Thai songs or the Thai version of western music..the boy bands etc that seem to be everywhere. Personally I have come to like the isaan music...guitars and drums.

Yes !! But only the following categories :

1. Lookthung

2. Anything Carabao

3. Some JoeyBoy songs - his music is original

4. Old songs that go back to the 50-70's : they have original melodies, good instrumentation and most importantly good *music*

Most of the young singers today barely can sing (barring a few). And, i have to admit the music is plain noise , but anything musical.

In thailand, a mediocre singer will go a long way if he/she just has *good looks* ; the first immediate break being into TV soaps. In you understand spoken thai, and watch programmes like the star, fantasy asia you will know what i mean.

thai music...if u dont have anything good to say then dont say anything at all.....i seen to many ''bands'' of untalented kids with way to much great equipment''..and if i hear smoke on the water, one more time ...elll

thai music...if u dont have anything good to say then dont say anything at all.....i seen to many ''bands'' of untalented kids with way to much great equipment''..and if i hear smoke on the water, one more time ...elll

Know what you mean; Hotel California being another example!

But it's not just Thailand.

My local pub here in the UK has cover bands performing every Friday and most Saturday nights.

They all play Sweet Child of Mine or Smells Like Teen Spirit; usually both!

• Like 1

As a musician, i appreciate the different ethnic and regional songs and instruments. The percussion and nuances only compliment the vocalists, who have a unique and highly expressive voicings. But the Thai imitation of western music, be it rap crap or new pop with auto-tuners is the worst. The synthesizers are stale and unmusical, the guitars are solid state modeled shit, and the vocals are over processed air biscuits. Mix them together and you have some annoying ear banging morass of sonic shit.

Thank goodness there is such crappy sound systems here and not the sonic torture that USA and the Euro non music offends.at low THD levels.

The female vocalists are now grasping at the popular diva orgasmic squealing, with all the ohhhhhs and ahhhhhs. Thankfully all the old and classic material is easy to archive and keep ones sanity.

• Like 1