Does Anyone In Pattaya Have A Barclays Pin Sentry Machine?

pattayadingo

My Barclays pin sentry machine stopped working and I need to use one to re-enter on-line banking codes for on-line banking.

Is there someone out there who has a pin sentry machine I could borrow for a couple of hours, please?

Thanks.

I ordered a new one from my bank and 2 weeks later I ordered another as a back up ........so now I've always got one in reserve ..and when I am down to one again I'll order a new one .

I know it's no help now but might be worth you doing that in the future .

good lucky

Not a lot of help but I ordered a replacement from Barclays and they sent it over to me.

I'm in the UK now so can't help but could bring one out in six weeks or so..................

That would be very handy and I'd be grateful if you could.

you can download the Barclays APP and use it as a PIN SENTRY machine as well, very handy.

Apparently I cannot do that at the moment. According to them is not possible in this case.

Barclays did an upgrade about 5 weeks ago to the web site etc. Then my pass code no longer worked.

What followed was that they decided to send a machine and a new pass code to my UK address and they reset the on-line banking pass code at the same time. told me I'd have it in 5 working days.

They failed to send a new pass code and what followed was a comedy.

It seems, from subsequent phone calls, they were not allowed to send a new pass code because they sent a new machine when all i wanted was a new pass code.

One wag supervisor, on being told I am in Thailand, told me to use the machine they had sent to my U.K. address. cheesy.gif

When I asked her how could I reach thousands of miles across land and sea to use the machine, she shut up.

That was besides the fact you need card and machine together.

One of my kids used my pins entry as a calculator. Means pin locked. Does anyone know how to change pin by using ATM over here. Thanks

I am not sure you can. I think I read on the Barclays website that can only be done in an ATM in the U.K.

I have a Barclays Pin Sentry machine that I have never used, still has the sticker over the face of it. I no longer bank with Barclays, I closed the account down a few months ago.

You can have this machine if you want it.

I assume it works, like I say I never used it.

I am at the Cholchan hotel in the Gym at 10am tomorrow(friday) and will take it with me if you want to come and pick it up.

Just ask for David, I will probably be the only one in there anyway

(the Cholchan hotel is coming out of Pattaya on the Suknumvit towards Bangkok and it is about 5KM down on the left hand side past Naklua but just before the Toyota garage on the left hand side)

Edited by dsfbrit
  • Like 1

I have a Barclays Pin Sentry machine that I have never used, still has the sticker over the face of it. I no longer bank with Barclays, I closed the account down a few months ago.

I am at the Cholchan hotel in the Gym at 10am tomorrow(friday) and will take it with me if you want to come and pick it up.

(the Cholchan hotel is coming out of Pattaya on the Suknumvit towards Bangkok and it is about 5KM down on the left hand side past Naklua but just before the Toyota garage on the left hand side)

David, I've sent you a PM.

Not a lot of help but I ordered a replacement from Barclays and they sent it over to me.

I'm in the UK now so can't help but could bring one out in six weeks or so..................

No problem. You do realize that ANY reader whatever the bank will work?

PM your number or contact me about mid June.

Will do, thanks.

Sorry for slow reply, computer crashed. Now all working :)

I too have one which I have never used that is gathering dust in my office drawer. It's available for collection in Jomtien area for anyone else that wants one.

thanks for that offer.

I'd have replied but as I saw your post that morning and was about to reply, the computer decided not to work any longer.

Now I'm back on-line again. I see Jbrain has talked tyo you about this.

But easyride has offered to bring me one over and I am happy to wait a little while.

• 3 months later...

No problems, jbrain contacted me about something else so I still have it if you need it

Sorry to bother you but do you still have the Barclay's pinsentry card reader,,,

I will pay you for it 300 bt...... ???

I really need one asap. I am trying to borrow one for immediate use but would like my own.

I tried to send message but cannot, it will not send.

No problems, jbrain contacted me about something else so I still have it if you need it

Sorry to bother you but do you still have the Barclay's pinsentry card reader,,,

I will pay you for it 300 bt...... ???

I really need one asap. I am trying to borrow one for immediate use but would like my own.

I tried to send message but cannot, it will not send.

I have one you can use if you are desperate , pm me.

Thank you to everyone who tried to help, I managed to borrow one this evening from a kind Gentleman here on Thai Visa called easyride, so am now sorted for the moment.

I am still looking to buy one from anyone who has a spare they do not use.

Thanks all.

Love Thaivisa.com, it is great when you need help or advise on something. wai.gif

• Like 1

Hi there Pattaya girl.

Yes you are quite welcome to it, I have PM'd you. I don't want any money for it. I live outside Pattaya about 10Km towards Bangkok.

As it now seems less urgent, I will be in Pattaya sometime over the next few days I suspect, so could drop it off somewhere.

Sorry for the delay in the reply, but I don't log on every day.

I thought that but when I used a Nationwide debit card in a Tesco Bank pin machine it locked the card out after three attempts. I had to go into town to a Nationwide ATM to reset it.

Hi there Pattaya girl.

Yes you are quite welcome to it, I have PM'd you. I don't want any money for it. I live outside Pattaya about 10Km towards Bangkok.

As it now seems less urgent, I will be in Pattaya sometime over the next few days I suspect, so could drop it off somewhere.

Sorry for the delay in the reply, but I don't log on every day.

Thanks so much, I have sent you a PM with my phone number :)

• 10 months later...

Hi ...

This seems to be a recurring theme . Having just returned from a 6 week trip to England my Barclays Pin Sentry machine too has stopped working - I tried changing the batteries to no avail.

So I am now desperately trying to find someone who has a spare one here in Pattaya. Can anyone help ? If you p.m. me with details I can arrange to collect it as , although I live in Bang Saray , I am in Pattaya at least twice a week .

Many thanks ...in the hope that someone can help me . As I understand it, a Nationwide Pin Sentry machine would work just as well ! smile.png