When Are Soi Dogs A Problem?

ThaiTrav

Yesterday I travelled down Sukhumvitt Soi 36/3 (Soi Batman) . About half way down round few curves is a vacant block of land on the right .... get this I counted not 10 ,20,30.40. or 50 ....but 58 ......wow!!!, stray dogs and puppies let loose and roaming on the one block. At what point do thais stop saying ma-pen-rai and consider this a serious problem?????????

Funny ...how thai dogs couldn't even be bothered to give chase or make quick snack of the one cat that was also amounst them.

Edited by Rimmer
Fonts
  • Like 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yip, it's shocking, if they are not looked after and given all their vacinations they should be rounded up and culled once a year.

Thai people think they're doing the right thing by putting food out for them but when it's mentioned they need to vacinate them ( which of course cost money ) they're not interested in taking responsibility for them, typical really!!

i make about a 6 or 7km journey most mornings and count 50 +++ on my side of the road only - mental!

In my hometown in Europe they made feeding pidgeons illagal. (Thinking other cities also??)

Because feeding them is NOT the solution, they only breed more and in the end MORE pidgeons suffer, not LESS.

Same for Soi dogs. You think we should tell that to the Thais?? biggrin.pngtongue.pngthumbsup.gif

In my hometown in Europe they made feeding pidgeons illagal. (Thinking other cities also??)

Because feeding them is NOT the solution, they only breed more and in the end MORE pidgeons suffer, not LESS.

Same for Soi dogs. You think we should tell that to the Thais?? biggrin.pngtongue.pngthumbsup.gif

I came across a pack of about 20 at twilight on Pratanak hill a few weeks ago, I hear a farang feeds them and Im sure glad or they would eaten me

As I mentioned before: what do you expect from people who can't take responsibility for them self or their own children?I got two dogs in my yard and I love dogs but things here got out of control.either a wide spread neutering/ spaying campaign involving a lot of volunteers or the unfortunately more drastic solution... I would love to be a volunteer but I would also assist the other way around... But something have to be done. I can't even take my dogs out of the yard to have a walk with them if I would- big bowl of f$$ck.two weeks ago one of the soy dogs attacked my bitch through the gate and she got badly bitten luckily her son helped out and since this time the other dog is not even come close by.but this is not the solution! I don't wanna have aggressive dogs,self defending or not,I just wanna live in peace and harmony.I would like to take my babies for a stroll on the beach,go swim with them and let them play with other dogs from RESPONSIBLE dog owners- but here? F$$ck all they have to live in their golden cage. In the last few days I just saw a few new "arrivals " sure they are cute as puppies but what is later? 9 month ago my boy was as big as my hand and now he got 38 kg I don't even want to imagine what could be happened if he would live on the street without proper training ,food supply and a lot of love- leathal.but as usually in LOS: let's make some laws- but enforcing them,why?

There is a demand for dogs in china and.

I feed the pigeons in my garden. It's really funny watching them get horny and chasing each other round in the spring laugh.png

They have been a problem since the forum opened and is about the most common topic across TV, one just finished in the Samui thread and this was on Pattaya thread yet again 2 months ago. Ground Hog day thread, everybody has idea's but nobody acts, or very few do. for some body to be feeding 58 dogs would take about 25kg of food a day. they get by scavaging and eating rats, mice gecko's and prity much else anything else that moves.

they are popular in Vietnam and 100s of thousands exported skinned and boiled alive, this picture was taken 2 days ago 550 dogs awaiting export.coffee1.gif

I love stray dogs and will continue feeding them. The pleasure I get from feeding puppies and dogs in Thailand is very rewarding.

If you love them that much then why don't you pay to get them vacinated or treated for all the deseases they have?

You're doing NO ONE any favours by continuing to feed them!

• Like 1

1. soi batman is 46/3 not 36

2. There are no 58 dogs and there are hardly any pups

3. I know this because i have lived in the soi for 5 years and know each dog by the name.

4. There is no vacant lot of land, they are building there, this is why have gates alike and tents

5. There have 8 dogs, in the evening have around 16 because some people come down to feed them, so many come around to eat.

3. I know this because i have lived in the soi for 5 years and know each dog by the name.

4. There is no vacant lot of land, they are building there, this is why have gates alike and tents

5. There have 8 dogs, in the evening have around 16 because some people come down to feed them, so many come around to eat.

Oh excuse me Mr politica correct

1.Yes 46/3 not 36/3 mistake does anyone really care???

2. I don't need glass and thats what I counted ,you think I post this to entertain you?

3.Most likely in the 5 years you live there they weren;t a problem or you didn;t know many of the dogs name then! .

4.Yes there is vacant blocks there a 2 story green house just been completed slighty up from where the area is I refer

5. 8 -16 -58++ homeless is in any normal mind a problen

Oh excuse me Mr politica correct

1.Yes 46/3 not 36/3 mistake does anyone really care???

2. I don't need glass and thats what I counted ,you think I post this to entertain you?

3.Most likely in the 5 years you live there they weren;t a problem or you didn;t know many of the dogs name then! .

4.Yes there is vacant blocks there a 2 story green house just been completed slighty up from where the area is I refer

5. 8 -16 -58++ homeless is in any normal mind a problen

You absolutely right, after all i just live there, while you drive through so not only you know the amount of dogs but what happens in soirolleyes.gif

I love stray dogs and will continue feeding them. The pleasure I get from feeding puppies and dogs in Thailand is very rewarding.

Please let me know where you live. I would love to multiply your pleasure by a hundred fold, and no you needn't thank me. I am sure many other posters would likewise contribute to your pleasure by sending all the unwanted Soi dogs in their area to you.

• Like 2

Keep up the good work, i use to do the same, but now have a huge family of my own(pets) so hardly any time for that

Hahahaha what a jokepost-78719-0-86610400-1367063279_thumb.j

2.20 or more on another drive by alone!post-78719-0-17553500-1367063374_thumb.j

3. I know this because i have lived in the soi for 5 years and know each dog by the name".We;re talking about stray animals ....not your mates!!"

The dogs ARE culled.

A certain Bangkok newspaper has a front page photo showing some hundreds of dogs ready for shipment to farangs in another country.

some fool stopped them being sent!!!

Hahahaha what a jokeattachicon.gif2013-04-27 18.17.15.jpg

2.20 or more on another drive by alone!attachicon.gif2013-04-27 18.18.36.jpg

3. I know this because i have lived in the soi for 5 years and know each dog by the name".We;re talking about stray animals ....not your mates!!"

You can troll as much as you like, but sadly cannot change the fact that i live there, and know little more about soi than you.

Furthermore, since you could not get the street address correct, i am not sure how you got the number of dogs right.

Where in your pic you see pups?

DO you not see the green tents in the back? can you not read when i said, they are starting construction there and its not a vacant land?

Did you not read, someone feeds them there every night?rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

I would try to avoid them..could have rabbies....if you are bitten or even licked you may have a week to live.. best to get an anti rabbies injection..too late if you are foaming at the mouth....[like some of the farang replying to posts]

Keep up the good work, i use to do the same, but now have a huge family of my own(pets) so hardly any time for that

Explain to me how feeding desease ridden strays can be 'good work'?

He's merely adding to the already out of control stray problem here and throughout Thailand.

It'd be interesting to see if he still fed them if one turns and bit him and he ended up with a large medical bill, i doubt it...