Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

4 minutes ago, PT Paul said:

The Kop not Klopp will get us through the game tonight, fancy a win with Mane back. I am sure Stevie G will have got the players fired up for this one.

Yh let's hope they lift Mane's spirits and he soldiers on.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

:wai:   

I think you might be right, some pace down those flanks of Chelsea, pace and skill. Super solid side.

We just have to hope our boys go for it early and the game gets stretched early and that Costa falls off the bus on arrival :thumbsup:

Pace down one flank, Alonso no pace !

16 hours ago, PT Paul said:

Biggest problem is that the league and the match officials are against us. 

But if Torres , Sterling and Suarez came back then we would dominate the next 5 years.

:clap2::clap2::clap2: Absolute classic. Straight from RAWK.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

:wai:   

I think you might be right, some pace down those flanks of Chelsea, pace and skill. Super solid side.

We just have to hope our boys go for it early and the game gets stretched early and that Costa falls off the bus on arrival :thumbsup:

Chelsea are vulnerable to pace on the flanks and can be pulled out of shape.  Klopp will have watched the Spurs/Chelsea game i'd have thought.  I don't rate Cahill either.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

To be fair rott, i think PT is just having a pop and thats why he post's like a Rawk poster :biggrin:

Possibly but it looks more than a bit out of place on a thread where "being played too deep", "workrate" and suchlike concepts are the standard lexicon.

No doubt he is one hell of a fine fellow. Speaking of these, where is H lately. Suspiciously quiet.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Chelsea are vulnerable to pace on the flanks and can be pulled out of shape.  Klopp will have watched the Spurs/Chelsea game i'd have thought.  I don't rate Cahill either.  

Yes I'm really hoping Mane starts 

3 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Pace down one flank, Alonso no pace !

I wasnt referring to any particular player. 

Pedro, Moses, Hazzard, Willian all have pace and they will be using the width of the park with that pace to pull out defenders and get in behind, ie; "pace down the flanks" 

19 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Pedro, Moses, Hazzard, Willian all have pace and they will be using the width of the park with that pace to pull out defenders and get in behind, ie; "pace down the flanks" 

not so sure on willian, but yeah  good point. if  the drifts plan b for kloppy it does seem 'away' off atm.

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

The width in Chelsea come from the wings back's and the pace down the flanks come from Moses.

Pedro, Hazard, are not winger's / wide players and play all over the place albeit occasionaly out wide but nowhere as much as the the two wing backs.

When you say "get in behind" perhaps you have been thinking back to Steve Heighway but alas things have moved on from them day's.

Edited by alfieconn

3 hours ago, alfieconn said:

The width in Chelsea come from the wings back's and the pace down the flanks come from Moses.

Pedro, Hazard, are not winger's / wide players and play all over the place albeit occasionaly out wide but nowhere as much as the the two wing backs.

When you say "get in behind" perhaps you have been thinking back to Steve Heighway but alas things have moved on from them day's.

I'm not a <deleted> idiot alfie I do know that Pedro and Hazard are not wingers, but they do at times make runs down the side of the pitch as you have mentioned, hence pace down the flanks, which we are supremely weak at defending, a reason why I mentioned it!!

Nowhere did I mention any names or wing-backs/ positions, I said pace down the flanks. 

Perhaps I should have just said, "pace running around in different directions including down the flanks, but please not I'm not including Alonso in the category of pacey players, just in case someone wants to spend the next 24 hours making a insignificant point about it", would that have been better you tiresome analtard. 

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

On 30/1/2560 at 7:04 PM, PT Paul said:

Biggest problem is that the league and the match officials are against us. 

But if Torres , Sterling and Suarez came back then we would dominate the next 5 years.

just watched burnley v leicester,a former man.c. player returning to the premier league after 1.5yrs.

he wouldnt go amiss in the liverpool side,34yrs.old and coming of age,i bet there will be more teams wish he was with them than against.

dont laugh WHO  is he? JOEY BARTON. M.O.M.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, rott said:

Possibly but it looks more than a bit out of place on a thread where "being played too deep", "workrate" and suchlike concepts are the standard lexicon.

No doubt he is one hell of a fine fellow. Speaking of these, where is H lately. Suspiciously quiet.

been otherwise occupied with things mate, and the new adverts on here are bloody awful and make it pretty unreadable. ta for asking though kidda.

got to see that as a point gained really, given our recent rut. had the chances to maybe nick it, they obviously did with the peno, but we were a lot better and seemed to have snapped out of the catatonia we've been in the previous few games.

we're still light in squad depth terms though. no business in the january window other than shipping out a £17m centre half. we really are going to have to invest in the squad in the summer if we want to kick on.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, PT Paul said:

It will be a great victory this evening, as long as we don't get done by the corrupt refs

I can feel it in my bones:smile:

I suppose it is a better response than blushing, farting and trying to explain yourself.

It was good to see us come out fighting again after a bad run of games at home, kept at it right to the end.We still look very nervy at the back and again a bit slow on the attack. Chelsea are clearly a good side, well organised with quality players, they showed their coolness and experienced when under pressure - both sides had chances but very relieved our keeper saved the pen !

Impressed again with Gini, getting in the box again from deep and getting on the score sheet.

Henderson ran his socks off, looked knackered at the end, looks to be over his heel injury/niggle and played with a bit more freedom in his passing and movement, starting to look like a captain ! As the deeper midfielder he covered well for two very nervy centre backs and kept our rhythm going, just wish he was a bit stronger or naturally better in the tackle (darker arts) when needed.

Bobby, fluffed his lines again !!  had one clear easy chance at goal... but love his workmate, pressure and his quality on the ball is excellent in the build up, maybe starting to look tired and low on confidence in front of goal. 

Anyway with Coutinho slowly find his match fitness and now Mane is back, I sense or hope...we may have a good run into the end of the season with only the league competition to focus on.

• Like 1

Champions League qualification is important for your lot to put pressure on the owners to let Klopp do what he wants to in the transfer market to finish out of the top four which is also very possible would be a nightmare.

Still think the game he has his teams set up to do is hard to keep up for a whole season unless yes have a very big squad and rest players good or bad going out of both cups should  enable you to qualify for a place but end of the season it will get harder and i dont think you have the players at the moment to do it.

• Like 1

Clattenburg tried his hardest to hand that to Chelsea in the same way he handed United the FA Cup last season . Best referee in the world my arse just another corrupt cheating <deleted> like Webb and Atkinson

The whole league and officials are against us

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MrRed said:

Champions League qualification is important for your lot to put pressure on the owners to let Klopp do what he wants to in the transfer market to finish out of the top four which is also very possible would be a nightmare.

Still think the game he has his teams set up to do is hard to keep up for a whole season unless yes have a very big squad and rest players good or bad going out of both cups should  enable you to qualify for a place but end of the season it will get harder and i dont think you have the players at the moment to do it.

Definitely looks like he has one hand tied behind his back in that he doesn't have the squad depth to rotate easily.  Probably would prefer more younger fitter players, and of course it all takes time.

However, contrary to a few posters on here and despite Klopp not really having the tools to do the job, despite a shock defeat to Wolves, he's got to a semi final and sits in the top four.  I don't think he's doing bad at all.  Injuries to key players when you are already carrying an under strength squad doesn't help either.  Reality is, this managers done well so far with what he's got, bar a few tactical mistakes. (Seem to remember him playing two holding bids at Anfield against a side that will be fighting relegation, which i found very strange)

Reds should trust the manager and turn their concerns towards their owners because they need to stump up some serious cash.  A Matip doesn't turn up every window!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, carmine said:

Definitely looks like he has one hand tied behind his back in that he doesn't have the squad depth to rotate easily.  Probably would prefer more younger fitter players, and of course it all takes time.

However, contrary to a few posters on here and despite Klopp not really having the tools to do the job, despite a shock defeat to Wolves, he's got to a semi final and sits in the top four.  I don't think he's doing bad at all.  Injuries to key players when you are already carrying an under strength squad doesn't help either.  Reality is, this managers done well so far with what he's got, bar a few tactical mistakes. (Seem to remember him playing two holding bids at Anfield against a side that will be fighting relegation, which i found very strange)

Reds should trust the manager and turn their concerns towards their owners because they need to stump up some serious cash.  A Matip doesn't turn up every window!

Yeah thats the general feeling also amongst genuine and knowledgable reds that I know off, all seem to be firmly behind the manager and see the progress made in a short space of time.  

Im personally still a bit on the fence with FSG, they have done some good things early on, the new stand shows real progress off the pitch and they seem to have sorted out the whole transfer committee thing. Of course never expected spending to compete with City, Chelsea or Manu but there needs to be a real commitment from them this summer but will it all depend on IF we get into a CL spot.

• Like 1

I think Klopp needs a season to see what he needs to build a strong squad, he had no choice last season, this season he brought in some players to strengthen his first 11, with players he felt that could make a difference and with whom we could actually get.

Klopp would not have expected so many injuries and to coincide with a collective form dip.

KLopp doesn't buy for buying sake, he said that many times and to be partially fair to FSG they have spent money on players to date. 

This summer he has a chance to bolster the squad with quality and I think his real day of reckoning should be May 2018.

Last night steadied the ship again, a game on Saturday away to Hull is a must win and then the lads can finally have a bit of rest before being fully fit and ready for Tottenham at home and the remaining matches thereafter. 

In my opinion we've had a successful season to date, we just need to close it out well and get in the CL. 

• Like 1

It's disturbing how easily every team outside the top 6 can just sit, absorb break and score.

The defending is atrocious. You never say great goal it's always shiit defending or school boy errors,

LUcas instead of Gomez, why?

I'm <deleted> over it!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Selling Allen was a major error.

Not buying back up up front in two windows was a major error.

We will be lucky with a top 10 finnish at this rate. The reinstalled fear is back!

It's the owners recruitment policy and whoever the frig identifies the <deleted> we buy, you could count a full side of <deleted> in the last 4 seasons that have been bang average at best.