Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

There is another argument that we are waiting for this CL qualifying result before pushing the button on major transfers. Arsenal quite often did a lot business after securing CL. 

A defining moment is tonight's match, ramification for years to come...either way. 

Carragher vs Jamie Rednapp

Liverpool don't concede the most goals from corners, but there is still a big problem that Virgil van Dijk won't fix

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-transfer-news-virgil-van-dijk-corners-set-pieces-goals-conceded-jurgen-klopp-problem-issue-a7892346.html

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Carragher vs Jamie Rednapp

Liverpool don't concede the most goals from corners, but there is still a big problem that Virgil van Dijk won't fix

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-transfer-news-virgil-van-dijk-corners-set-pieces-goals-conceded-jurgen-klopp-problem-issue-a7892346.html

I wanted to comment on your post about it earlier.

I think they both are right, there is an issue with personnel, we need a leader, but there is also something wrong with the system we are playing/defending. You could argue that the personnel are not good enough to play the system the manager wants them to. 

• Like 2

Watching that was difficult, from anxiety to elation in equal doses every 5 minutes. However, we beat a team that hasn't lost in over a year at that stadium and did it with virtually 1 midfielder in Emre Can.

Dare I say it, we looked much better with Milner than Henderson (understand he needs time). Really missing Coutinho and Lallana for creativity and penetration. 

TAA's goal was fantastic, the kid is going to be a star, and again thought Solanke looked effective in his cameo.

Time to give some of these boys a rest against Palace. Get Solanke, Grujic and Robertson in.

Yeah, a difficult game. I thought Hoffenheim look really good. They have lost a couple of key players but looked well drilled and skillful. I agree about Vogt he looks class and would fit well with us...too late to buy and I don't think they would sell.

Our defense looked shambolic at times, and I thought Lovren was out of his depth (worst I have seen him) and made every body else worse. TTA looks great and I would keep him a permanent fixture. Our Midfield are too weak and we looked better with Milner. There was very little link up between Midfield and attack if trying to work the ball, and we gave Hoffenheim a lot of time to spray the ball about. Apparently, that was a tactic to allow Mane and Salah more freedom but seems a very dodgy ploy. As was the high defending for free kicks. That worked out, but on another day....

Great result, but the performances need to improve

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, carmine said:

I'm a little surprised that no one on here has pointed a questioning finger at the clubs defensive coach.  Its not like this has only been a recent achilles heel to the side.

No amount of coaching is going to help that defence mate....it needs dissolving and replacing.

37 minutes ago, carmine said:

I'm a little surprised that no one on here has pointed a questioning finger at the clubs defensive coach.  Its not like this has only been a recent achilles heel to the side.

it bothers me hugely. i don't even know if we have a defensive coach. but we're so weak on dead balls that opponents know they're going to get chances from free-kicks and corners and i am buggered if i know what klopp saw in moreno over the summer that convinced him he's now somehow a better left-back than milner. opponents will just target moreno safe in the knowledge that he will, definitely, <deleted> up big time at least once a match. but yes, we just don't seem to be bothered about practising defending corners in training. it's mental. i really don't get it.

and bob, yeah you're right, TAA is going to be something else isn't he. stones on him to tell senior pros to get out of the way, i'm having this free-kick. going to go the gerrard route i reckon, start off at right-back, become an all action centre mid in a year or two. got the lot this lad has. and is a scouser.

Just now, carmine said:

Your behind the times its been discussed.

2 minutes ago, StevieH said:

it bothers me hugely. i don't even know if we have a defensive coach. but we're so weak on dead balls that opponents know they're going to get chances from free-kicks and corners and i am buggered if i know what klopp saw in moreno over the summer that convinced him he's now somehow a better left-back than milner. opponents will just target moreno safe in the knowledge that he will, definitely, <deleted> up big time at least once a match. but yes, we just don't seem to be bothered about practising defending corners in training. it's mental. i really don't get it.

and bob, yeah you're right, TAA is going to be something else isn't he. stones on him to tell senior pros to get out of the way, i'm having this free-kick. going to go the gerrard route i reckon, start off at right-back, become an all action centre mid in a year or two. got the lot this lad has. and is a scouser.

Yes i must say at the set piece the defense is horrid.  Mignolet is playing great considering what he's got infant of him!!

Just now, carmine said:

Yes i must say at the set piece the defense is horrid.  Mignolet is playing great considering what he's got infant of him!!

he's getting plenty of practice because of what he's got infant of him. ;)

1 hour ago, StevieH said:

As soon as Clyne his back I'd get TAA straight in to midfield. That lad was the only player not flapping out there in the first half and to take that goal. His <deleted> corners are there best i've seen of anyone in 2 years. Get up there now!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StevieH said:

he's getting plenty of practice because of what he's got infant of him. ;)

As Nelly mentioned that high line on those free kicks, just inviting the ball to be fizzed in to the spot with a clear run up to nod it in and if he misses a far post toe poke will do the trick.

Migs did well last night but i'm not convinced, said that before an' all!

I was thinking about that high line. Do you think it could be to stop the chaos that we see so much of in our box, and the hope is that they can sort it out better with space?????? Or maybe because they were worried about Hoffenheim's height????

Very strange approach whatever it is. They didn't score though, so i assume it worked perfectly lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, carmine said:

In reply to you question about the defensive coach

https://www.socceronsunday.com/article/klopp-appoints-ruddock-as-defensive-coach/

Seriously though. I don't think we have a defensive coach. I find that weird as we could obviously do with that addressed. I imagine Klopp coaches all areas as he needs the full team working to his systems. Surely just a coach for set pieces wouldn't effect that though

Here is the backroom staff

https://www.anfield-online.co.uk/squad/backroomstaff.html

5 minutes ago, nellyp said:

In reply to you question about the defensive coach

https://www.socceronsunday.com/article/klopp-appoints-ruddock-as-defensive-coach/

that website has gone to a lot of effort but forgot to bring the funny. 

our new defensive coach is sat in a studio getting paid a bundle by sky for chatting with gary neville every week.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

I saw that a while back but surely that's total tosh the guys an absolute tool. I think it's fake news or some kind of joke site 

Yeah, it's a joke site.